Plot Bunnies to a good home (May be rabid)

Plot Bunnies to a good home (May be rabid)

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 3rd, 2011, 12:43 am

So the old thread had reached it's end. Let's see how quickly we can populate this new one, shall we?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Re: Plot Bunnies to a good home (May be rabid)

Unread postby TraceReading » November 3rd, 2011, 3:24 am

I'm going to kick this one off with something I just now thought of:

Suppose that in transit to a fresh world to consume and conquer, part of the Zerg Swarm encountered a space-time anomaly that thrust them into another universe. Where would the lost brood go and what sorts of effects would it have on the locals?

Popular choices of crossover targets are of course Doctor Who, Naruto and just for shits and giggles Sailor Moon.

Any takers?
See this look? It's terror!
TraceReading

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 4th, 2011, 8:09 pm

What about the Dragonball universe, just after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament? This way we don't have all of the insanely powered fighters.

Admittedly, the Sailor Moon one gave me a giggle fit as I considered the idea of using Usagi as the Queen of Blades, with the rest of the Senshi being similar as well.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Lightwhispers » November 5th, 2011, 12:03 am

Well, there's the obvious thought of the Warhammer 40K universe, except that nobody would notice. :twisted:
It would be interesting to see Nanoha and the Bureau of Space/Time Administration up against the Zerg...
Lastly, it might be fun to have the Zerg swarm come out over a planet guarded by the Dinochrome Brigade. Because just about everything is better with Bolos. :burnt:
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 5th, 2011, 4:30 pm

A Zerg Swarm against a Bolo?

The Swarm would take massive initial casualties and turn back, especially if it's an entire brigade of them. The Overmind is a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.

As for the TSAB vs. the Zerg, Nanoha would just befriend the lot of them.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Re: Plot Binnies to a good home (May be rabid)

Unread postby Phht » November 5th, 2011, 8:06 pm

I started watching Nanoha today, then paused after two eps to watch MLP. In that break between series, this thought came to mind.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Fluttershy.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Vael » November 6th, 2011, 1:03 am

...or the entire main cast as Nanoha's Familiars =3
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 6th, 2011, 2:58 am

*Thinks about what bunny Phht just spawned for a second*

I don't know whether to laugh at the absurdity, or be disturbed by that and thus I am bound by necessity to do both.

Phht, you've done it again with amazing and disturbing us all with your ability to come up with plot bunnies like that.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » November 6th, 2011, 5:51 pm

You want to give FLUTTERSHY direct destructive capabilities to lay waste to anything in her path? What are you on, Phht? And where can I get some?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Phht » November 6th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Well, it was originally going to be something like Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Applebloom or something, but then I got thinking about it. Who is kinda meek and weak looking, but will charge a raging griffon to remove a splinter or reduce dragons and cockatrices to tears when required? AND lives off alone where ponies infrequently go?

And heck, I didn't seem to be doing anything that could go in that thread about me, so I had to step up! After all, any chef will tell you that you have to break a few minds to make an omelette. Or something.

--

BTW, anyone else notice that the thread is titled "Plot Binnies to a good home"?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 6th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Binny: A crossbred creature made from Bun-bun and a bin created through genetic engineering, Washu's science and rampant violations of the laws of nature. Now runs on the souls of C'thulloids and comes with a free switchblade!

Would explain the may be rabid warning.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 6th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Yer both crazy :bouaaaaah: :graffiti:
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby TraceReading » November 6th, 2011, 11:27 pm

As opposed to Binnie, confirmed troll.

On a side note why are there fanfics of wrestling and why do they not feature Sentai-inspired self-inserts?
TraceReading

Unread postby Vael » November 7th, 2011, 12:26 am

Viridian Dreams Muse Sentai go!

Roll call!

I am the quiet insanity of inspiration! Black Crossover Muse go!
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 7th, 2011, 1:31 am

I am the subtle blade into the heart of canon, Red OC Insert Muse, go!
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby TraceReading » November 7th, 2011, 10:34 am

I am turning the Sailor Scouts into powered armor and/or giant robots and their alter-egos into child soldiers and/or hapless civilians dragged into a war they don't understand!

Explosions! UST! Drama up the wazoo! People getting lost in alternate universes!
TraceReading

Unread postby Phht » November 7th, 2011, 2:02 pm

So it's Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Evangelion? Or Mobile Suit Sailor Evangelion? Oooooor Bishoujo Mobile Suit Lyrical Evangelion Sailor Nanoha!
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby TraceReading » November 7th, 2011, 4:24 pm

More like Tekkaman Blade by way of Guyver with a dash of Blue Gender thrown in for good measure.

Magical Armor Bio Trooper Sailor Moon!
TraceReading

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 7th, 2011, 8:46 pm

"In the name of the Moon, I will blow your <censored> head off!"

Oh well, better than putting Sailor Moon on the Ginyu Force, crossing it over with Abenobashi and adding a dash of Excel Saga.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Vael » November 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm

*twitch* You wot bwoke the cwombo....I don't wike you gwuys any mwore. *pouts*

================================
Idea:
So, Summoned Creatures use a contract and Kyubey always did say that he was making Contracts.

Where am I going with this?

Forbidden Summoning: Incubator
Mechanics: You can get one wish, any wish you have, granted. There are no limits, only those of your imagination and desire for that wish. However, there is a price, the karma of your wish will always come back to you. Historically, it's effects have been seen all over the Elemental Nations, but the extent of its influence is a very closely kept secret in the Nin Village of the area.
----
Hashirama: "I wish I had the power to give my clan a home!"

Madara: "Give me the power to bring peace."

Mito: "Help me stop this senseless fight..."

Tobirama: "I want to take care of my brother's gift to us all."

Jiraiya: "Heal Tsunade, keep her safe!"

Orochimaru: "I want to know everything!"

Minato: "Help me save Kushina!"
----
"Huh? This is an interesting scroll...."

"Tenten! Come on! We'll be late for the exams!"

"Yeah, yeah, coming Lee!"
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Vael

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 7th, 2011, 10:49 pm

So in other words, "Monkey Paw no Jutsu"?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Vael » November 7th, 2011, 11:12 pm

And then some ^^
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Vael

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 8th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Since you brought up the Monkey's Paw...

jgkitarel

Unread postby TraceReading » November 8th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Damn you, Pavlov!
TraceReading

Unread postby Phht » November 9th, 2011, 12:14 am

Sasuke forms Team Hebi and goes after Itachi. According to the intel he receives, he heads for Ame with his team. Juugo and Suigetsu split off to lure away pursuing Konoha ninja. Karin and Sasuke make it into the country, get a good ways into it, and it starts raining hard. Sasuke tries to put up the team's back-up tent, but it doesn't help any ("I knew I should've gotten that spare tent fixed!"). Seeing a number of ninja race by at high speeds, the pair follow them to this lone tower. Upon entering, they're met by a shinobi with numerous piercings, and soon after by a kunoichi with identical piercings.

Yes, the Zetsu Horror Ninja Show! Pein (Riff Raff and numerous guests), Konan (Magenta), Kisame (Columbia), Itachi (Eddie), Zetsu (Rocky), Kabuto (Dr Scott), and Madara (Dr Frank N Furter). And starring Sasuke (Brad) and Karin (Janet)!
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion