Viridian Dream's FF Recommendations: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Viridian Dream's FF Recommendations: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » March 19th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on January 6th, 2013, 3:07 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Re: Viridian Dream's FF Recommendations: Neon Genesis Evange

Unread postby Lthayer3 » March 19th, 2012, 8:52 pm

So am I expected to go hunt down NGE fics on my list now? Alright, fine, hold on a second...

Recommending:
Altered Destinies by Mike313 - Complete

NGE: Nobody Dies by Gregg Landsman

Taking Sights by Lavanya Six

Shinji and the Doctor by machiavelli - Crossover with Doctor Who

Surrogate of Zero by Charles Bhepin - Crossover with Zero no Tsukaima
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4574288/1/Altered_Destinies]Altered Destinies[/url] - [color=#0000FF]Complete[/color] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies]Nobody Dies[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4109686/1/Taking_Sights]Taking Sights[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7366113/1/Shinji_and_the_Doctor]Shinji and the Doctor[/url] - Crossover with Doctor Who [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7620797/1/Surrogate_of_Zero]Surrogate of Zero[/url] - Crossover with Zero no Tsukaima
And seconding:
Higher Learning
Shinji and Warhammer40k
Thousand Shinji
Lthayer3

Unread postby gman391 » March 20th, 2012, 3:04 am

Seconding Altered Destinies
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » March 20th, 2012, 5:14 am

Oddly enough, I have a recommendation to add:
The Second Try
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1413558/1/The_b2nd_b_btry_b
Summary: Sometimes, destiny offers people another chance. Sometimes just to undo small mistakes. Sometimes even to avert the end of the world. But sometimes, the price for another chance is higher than anyone could guess...
Evangelion - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 13 - Words: 210,847 - Reviews: 263 - Updated: 7-4-08 - Published: 7-4-03 - Complete
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Nitramy » March 20th, 2012, 9:27 am

Nominating An Unwilling Angel.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby DIT_grue » March 20th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Seconding Shinji and the Doctor.

Recommending Once More With Feeling, an excellent Peggy Sue that hasn't updated since 2008. (Although in the last month the author has promised that he's working on the next chapter, even if he's said as much three or four times since the last one went up.)
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3736100/1/Once_More_with_Feeling]Once More With Feeling[/url]
DIT_grue

Unread postby gman391 » March 21st, 2012, 1:58 am

I'll second Once More and Second Try.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » March 21st, 2012, 10:18 pm

Updated. Seconding Shinji and the Doctor.

EDIT: Seconding Second try.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Tsuki » March 25th, 2012, 8:30 am

Seconding Unwiling Angel, Nobody Dies, Thirding Shinji and Warhammer 40k

I also nominate:
Everything to me by lord of the land of fire

A great AU, where Shinji is Shinji is brought along by his father and meets Rei, And they form a bond much earlier. It's a great fic, diverges from canon in very interesting ways. Sadly it wasn't updated for over a year, but still a great read.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5498216/1/Everything_to_me]Everything to me[/url]
Neon Genesis Evangelion R

A great fic that started during the 90's, and diverges shortly before the ending. It's also special for it's use of concept art, doujinshi, a partial soundtrack, and even two animated trailers (featuring some of the English voice cast in original recordings) alongside the usual script format. A must read.

[EDIT] The posted code was wrong. Also, I forgot to write that NGE R is complete, stupid me.
[url=http://www.eva-r.com/]Neon Genesis Evangelion R[/url]
Last edited by Tsuki on March 26th, 2012, 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tsuki

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 25th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Why has no one seconded Nobody Dies?

Also, adding my vote to Altered Destiny, Higher Learning and The Second Try.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby DIT_grue » March 29th, 2012, 5:26 am

Recommending Shinji Ikiryo, a fusion with Danny Phantom. The author has a number of other popular Evangelion stories, but since they don't really sound like my sort of thing I've never read them.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5429543/1/Shinji_Ikiryo]Shinji Ikiryo[/url]
DIT_grue

Unread postby Lightwhispers » March 29th, 2012, 10:58 am

Why has no one seconded Nobody Dies?
Because it's too Awesome for rational numbers. Therefore, I pi-th (you know, 3.14159...) Nobody Dies. :halo
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 3rd, 2012, 6:59 pm

Hmm, true. Well, now that it's been seconded, pi-th'd, and such, get it on the list.

Seconding Shinji Ikiryo.

Also, recommending Shinji the Mighty and Altered Destinies.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby SLAMU » April 4th, 2012, 4:51 am

I can unabashedly second Once More with Feeling, Thousand Shinji and the Open Door, and Shinji and Warhammer 40k, as well as 2nd Try. (2nd Try should get warning tags for d'awww)
SLAMU

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 4th, 2012, 11:43 am

Hmm, true. Well, now that it's been seconded, pi-th'd, and such, get it on the list.

Seconding Shinji Ikiryo.

Also, recommending Shinji the Mighty and Altered Destinies.
Do you have a link to shinji the mighty?

Seconding surrogate of zero.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 4th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Whups, here you go.
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4809265/1/Shinji_the_Mighty]Shinji the Mighty[/url]
It's a crossover with Birdy the Mighty and complete.

jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 30th, 2014, 1:33 am

Well, here's a nice one from Gregg Landsman for you all. The Long Night of the Harvest is a crossover with ME and in true Gregg Landsman fashion, is full of awesome, crazy, crazy awesome and both BST and UST for everyone's enjoyment.

Spacebattles Thread #1 and Spacebattles Thread #2. Don't mind the title of the second, Gregg's just trolling the posters and showing his exasperation at us.
Last edited by jgkitarel on October 30th, 2014, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » October 30th, 2014, 3:56 am

Psst. You're missing a 't' in the title.

I liked the "Tremors 5 Discussion Thread" one. Though "(ME/Eva/Excel Saga)" was an amusing thought. :D
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 30th, 2014, 8:05 am

Fixed.

Yeah, the derailing got funny at times, until one idiot kept pushing the boundaries of good taste. Then came the required modhammer being dropped and awkward change of subject to get back on the rails.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 19th, 2015, 5:25 pm

I third Once More with Feeling and The Second Try.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion