Any well-written fics featuring Ibiki?

Any well-written fics featuring Ibiki?

Unread postby ronri » April 7th, 2012, 5:15 pm

I think Ibiki is a pretty interesting character, and I've read a few one-shots featuring him as the protagonist or narrator, but I was wondering if you guys might know of any well-written longer fics were he's, if not a main character, at least shows up regularly/semi-regularly? *hopeful*
I have four screws loose in my head.
ronri

Re: Any well-written fics featuring Ibiki?

Unread postby XanderTarbert » April 8th, 2012, 12:55 am

There's Nugar's People Lie in which he's a secondary character and Macavity the Mystery Cat's Something To Die For. Both fits are kinda dead in the water right now, but worth a read.
There's nothing to heavy to be knocked on it's ass and everything's cool, baby.

Morphy's Rules of Combat:

14: When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

34: It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about
XanderTarbert

Unread postby Phht » April 8th, 2012, 3:44 am

There's also MrRigger's Being Found.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 9th, 2012, 12:22 am

I don't recall ever reading a fic with Ibiki as a main character other than as a Team 7/Naruto sensei. He is one of my favorite tertiary (quaternary?) characters in the series, but he usually barely makes an appearance.

In addition to Being Found and Something to Die For (both well worth reading), there's also the much shorter Ibiki's Apprentice by May Wren, which I hope gets continued someday.
Lthayer3

Unread postby ronri » April 9th, 2012, 4:14 am

I've read, and love, both "Something To Die For" as well as "Ibiki's Apprentice". I've skimmed the first few chapters of "People Lie" and I'll take a look at "Being Found". Thanks for the recs; keep 'em coming! :have_a_nice_day:
I have four screws loose in my head.
ronri

Unread postby Jaur » April 12th, 2012, 4:13 am

Well, since you ask so nice I will for the first time ever try to pimp my own fic. I got a bit nostalgic reading the other Ibiki fics mentioned here and got thinking about the times I sat working on a similar fic. It was a few years ago I tried to write fanfiction and I really didn't have the patience for it so it is practically abandoned after one chapter. However it does feature Ibiki in a major role and the reviews I got was not bad so give it a chance. Originally it was intended to be a team 8 inspired epic but my storyline didn't hold up.

The art of pain
Jaur

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 12th, 2012, 6:16 am

Happens that way man.

Helps to do an outline for each few chapters.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion