Um, Fate/Stay Night (visual novel) plot bunny

Um, Fate/Stay Night (visual novel) plot bunny

Unread postby FireStormMaster » May 21st, 2012, 4:17 pm

Er, hi. I'm Jessica, and I'm a fanfic writer who used to like Naruto (though I AM still following Team 8 and probably will follow it to the end faithfully, given how much of a genius Mr. S'TarKan is ;D). My fandoms are mainly nowadays in Hellsing or Fate/Stay Night, the latter of which will involve the plot bunny I have here (which I hope will have some potential):

Basically, the idea is that Matou Sakura summons a Second Gilgamesh in the Fifth Holy Grail War, a fanfic that is also a change in the storyline, mainly due to Sakura wanting to protect Shirou before the Holy Grail War begins so that he won't be harmed in the process. The thing is, she didn't know that he is a Master yet, so she basically plans out a way to summon a Servant in a place very isolated away from the Matou family when Zouken is away from the house and when Shinji doesn't pay attention to her. As a result, she gets Gilgamesh, and I wanted to see what would happen as a result, what with Gilgamesh being a second version of the same hero, but also with the Fourth War Gilgamesh following Kotomine at this time.

So, yeah. Just wanted to know what I can do with this. So far, I think there aren't any rules against summoning a Servant from the same Heroic spirit, and that if it is a different Master and a different Holy Grail War, there could be two Archers (since Gil from the Fourth War shouldn't be here anyways in the first place, while Sakura ends up summoning the second Gil earlier). :scared:

Anyways, thank you so much for your time. ^^; Any constructive comments are much appreciated.

Jessica/RedFullMoon
"And miles to go before I sleep"
--Robert Frost
FireStormMaster

AOL: firebloodchild

Re: Um, Fate/Stay Night (visual novel) plot bunny

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2012, 8:01 pm

Well first off Fire welcome to the forums. Happy to have you. Now generally these go in the plot bunny thread but here's my thoughts.

First off while the idea of Sakura wanting to protect Shirou and summoning a different Servant than Medusa is an interesting one.
I don't think it works with a second Gilgamesh. Now while I could be wrong on Nasuverse mechanics but my understanding is that once it's summoned you can't summon it again for the duration of that War. Given that Gilgamesh is alive until the end of the Fifth Grail War, I don't see how you can summon him.

Particularly given that in order to summon a Heroic Spirit you need to have an artifact related to that particular spirit to summon. Where would Sakura get an artifact related to Gilgamesh? Given that Gilgamesh first served Kirei and Tomoki Tohska not the Matou family.

So yeah it's a good concept and you might even be able to avoid the Heaven's Feel route entirely but I think you need different Servant
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Re: Um, Fate/Stay Night (visual novel) plot bunny

Unread postby Vael » May 26th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I am Servant Vael, here I stand by your summons. Tell me, are you my Master? /obligatoryFSN
Er, hi. I'm Jessica, and I'm a fanfic writer who used to like Naruto (though I AM still following Team 8 and probably will follow it to the end faithfully, given how much of a genius Mr. S'TarKan is ;D). My fandoms are mainly nowadays in Hellsing or Fate/Stay Night, the latter of which will involve the plot bunny I have here (which I hope will have some potential):

Basically, the idea is that Matou Sakura summons a Second Gilgamesh in the Fifth Holy Grail War, a fanfic that is also a change in the storyline, mainly due to Sakura wanting to protect Shirou before the Holy Grail War begins so that he won't be harmed in the process. The thing is, she didn't know that he is a Master yet, so she basically plans out a way to summon a Servant in a place very isolated away from the Matou family when Zouken is away from the house and when Shinji doesn't pay attention to her. As a result, she gets Gilgamesh, and I wanted to see what would happen as a result, what with Gilgamesh being a second version of the same hero, but also with the Fourth War Gilgamesh following Kotomine at this time.

So, yeah. Just wanted to know what I can do with this. So far, I think there aren't any rules against summoning a Servant from the same Heroic spirit, and that if it is a different Master and a different Holy Grail War, there could be two Archers (since Gil from the Fourth War shouldn't be here anyways in the first place, while Sakura ends up summoning the second Gil earlier). :scared:

Anyways, thank you so much for your time. ^^; Any constructive comments are much appreciated.

Jessica/RedFullMoon
Heya Jessica, good to have ya here :biggrin: The name's Vael and I'm fan of Type-moon myself, though the Fate scenario is my speciality, and with that said, let's get to dissecting this interesting plot bunny of yours. ^^

Like Gman said, this is an interesting bunny, but unfortunately there a few things you need to consider.

To summon a Servant one needs to have a Circle (that item on the ground that Saber was summoned through) and while it is not necessary, it would be preferable for one to have a catalyst to summon a specific Hero, for instance, Berserker's was a piece of his temple and Gilgamesh's was The First Snake Skin. Without this catalyst, the Hero summoned would be the one most suited to the Master, such as Gilles for Uryuu (Fate/Zero).

The first thing Sakura needs to do is to find a place private enough to make a circle to summon a Hero, which is a feat on its own because Zouken happens to use insect familiars and keeps close tabs on Sakura. Secondly, she needs to get a catalyst, unfortunately, this means she needs to get that snake skin...which is kind of difficult to get at this point.

Next is the Servant himself, and no offence but...

Gilgamesh is dangerous.

The guy has all that arrogance for a good reason, he can quite literally destroy the World if he wanted to, and it is canon that if he was serious, he would end the War in three days. Furthermore, he can ignore Command Seals whenever he wants, it would take two of them to actually force him to do something and then after that, you're dead. He might protect Shirou, if he or his Servant were interesting enough since this Gil had never met Saber before, if not, they will die.

Quite literally, any other Servant would be fine for the protection detail.

/2 cents
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion