Fanfiction.net ARG

Re: Fanfiction.net ARG

Unread postby Minion » June 23rd, 2012, 1:03 pm

I've read there is supposed to be some kind of blackout on the site, where authors don't log in. Is anyone participating?

I'm kinda curious if I can resist checking reviews all day.
Minion

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 23rd, 2012, 6:12 pm

If there is one, it's proving rather ineffective.

There are authors who have already mentioned that while they are not entirely happy about the situation, they also are not going to jump onto the bandwagon. This is largely from more veteran authors who have weathered this kind of thing before and know it will go away. Again, this happens on a regular basis about every three to four years.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Nebula1701 » June 28th, 2012, 5:34 pm

LOL they made like 3 changes to the comment box in weeks... now it is just stupid...
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby gman391 » June 28th, 2012, 8:34 pm

They got rid of the option to turn of anonymous reviews...why did they do that? Was there really such a furor about authors requiring you to sign in to review so they could talk back to you?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 29th, 2012, 1:52 am

Methinks they will reinstate that option pretty quick, once they have to deal with the complaints about anonymous reviewers flaming the authors.

EDIT: Anonymous reviews can be moderated, meaning you can get rid of them.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby gman391 » June 29th, 2012, 3:06 am

Yeah but at the same time it's busy work that not all of us want to do. You can also moderate them in batches of three only
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 29th, 2012, 3:20 am

Ah, well that sucks.
Yeah.
I'm gonna go into a fit of incholate, insane rage now. I don't know when I'll stop.

:angry :eyes_on_fire: :angry :angry :angry :angry :eyes_on_fire: :eyes_on_fire: :burnt:

jgkitarel

Unread postby Minion » June 29th, 2012, 12:48 pm

I understand how that could be inconvenient; are anonymous reviews a problem? I've never disabled them. I've been flamed twice, but only by signed in accounts.

Apparently, now reviews are posted on the fic page. I preferred the button.

I admit, I like pictures being available. I just hope people don't rely on them over writing.

And finally, they should undo whatever they did to stop links from working on the profile page.
Minion

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion