Fanfic Recommendations and Fan-Webcomics.

Fanfic Recommendations and Fan-Webcomics.

Unread postby Tsuki » December 9th, 2012, 9:51 am

Some time ago, posted a thread called Recomended Fan Webcomics/web doujinshi, but I think now, couldn't quite a bit of those be posted in the Fanfic recommendations here? What do you think about this?
Tsuki

Re: Fanfic Recommendations and Fan-Webcomics.

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 9th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Hmm. For fanfiction, a general recommendation thread for fanfics which don't have their individual threads is not a bad idea. Same general rules?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Tsuki » December 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm

That's actualy a great idea, but I mean't if for example, Naruto Fan-Webcomics could be recommended in the Naruto Fanfic Rec's.
Tsuki

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 18th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Hm, I dunno. That's something that you could take up with the mods, though. I don't see how they would see a problem, but they might decline to do that for the sake of simplicity.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2012, 12:50 pm

As there aren't a lot of fan-comics of various series that have their own dedicated thread here, it'd probably be better just to rec any comics in the thread that was previously established for that purpose.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Tsuki » December 18th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Ok, so I think I'll rec them in their respective fandom threads.
Tsuki

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I was actually talking about the thread you'd previously established here.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Tsuki » December 18th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Hmm, so you think that posting them in the Fanfic rec's is a bad idea?
Tsuki

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

As they're not actually fanfic, and there's already an established thread for things like it, frankly, yes.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Tsuki » December 18th, 2012, 9:39 pm

As they're not actually fanfic
Well, that's a bit problematic, as some sites like Tv Tropes and (kind-off)wikipedia say they are, and others don't(well, they speak of doujinshi). Many manga's and comics are called 'grafic novels' and the 'fiction' in fanfiction may define all fiction. Still, this is a quite YMMV topic, and I see your point. But I think about making a new fancomic thread, in style of the fanfiction rec's, what do you think?
Tsuki

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion