Grand Moments of Villiany

Grand Moments of Villiany

Unread postby EdStargazer » March 9th, 2013, 3:38 pm

In comics: Lex Luthor, Darkseid, the Joker, Dr. Doom, Magneto, the Green Goblin.
In Books: Sauron, King Haggard, Rhett Butler, Voldemort
In Movies: Darth Vader, Ming the Merciless, Maleficent

They are characters we all know, and dislike. They are the reason for the story. The reason the plot moves ahead towards its end. No story of any quality can exist without these most important of characters. They are the reason for heroes to exist.
The antagonist, the 'bad guy'
The Villian
[cues Evil Laugh in the background]

I have my own ideas on what makes a good story and a good villian. I wanted to post a few to pay homage to these vital characters and see what other people felt would be grand moments of victory for the villians, even if transitory.
I offer one of my favorite moments from over the years. In a Kim Possible story by WesUAH called The Fallen
Spoiler: show
"That… that's enough, Mr. Stoppable," he gasped. "I'll tell you what you want to know. In fact, I'll do one better. I'll give her back to you."

His heart leapt. Could it be true, was it finally over? Had he actually won?

'KP, I guess I didn't loose you after all.'

DeLong noted the hopeful tears that had sprung up in Ron's eyes. He said nothing, but got to his feet and headed towards a section of the wall. He'd built the facility for ease of concealment; all the equipment that the main room contained was housed in seamless recesses in the walls. One only had to know where to touch in order to open the bays, but there was enough wall space that it would be very hard for a random snooper to find anything.

DeLong knew where to look; he placed his right hand on a section of wall, and there came a hissing sound as a large drawer extended from the wall. He reached in, pulled out something, and then threw it at Ron's feet.

It was Kim's battle suit, burnt, torn, and bloodied.

"What… the hell…" Ron whispered, his face changing in the blink of an eye from hopefulness to something terrible and full of rage.

"I said I was going to give her back to you," DeLong replied. "That blood is all that remains."

Then the rage left his face, despair claimed him, and he dropped to his knees and gathered the suit up in his arms.

"KP…" he whispered, fighting back tears and not succeeding. Hope left him.

"So this is what it look likes when hope dies," he heard DeLong whisper. "I find that I do enjoy the sight of it."
They are characters we all know, and dislike. They are the reason for the story. The reason the plot moves ahead towards its end. No story of any quality can exist without these most important of characters. They are the reason for heroes to exist.
The antagonist, the 'bad guy'

The Villain

One thing you learn as a hero, that once you reach a certain power or ability level, death is merely an inconvenience

There comes a time when even a magical castle loses its luster, when spells and enchatments fail to thrill, when magic itself becomes ... mundane
EdStargazer

Re: Grand Moments of Villiany

Unread postby Bluone » June 1st, 2013, 12:49 am

I admit, nothing makes a story quite like the perfect villain. Why did everyone and their mother love the Dark Knight? It wasn't Christain Bale, that's for sure.
But for me, there is nothing more chilling than the Twisted Hero. That sinking feeling when you realize the person who is supposed to watch your back has just slipped a knife between your ribs...
I've never forgotten that last chapter of Ill Met By Starlight by Susan Doenime and Mike L. *Shivers*
(Heads up, it's definitely an M rated fic.) (Also, SUPER spoilers)
Spoiler: show
Shan's eyes stared into her own, bored into her, screamed
at her even as Ranma pushed the riveter into Shan's mouth.
They met Akane's gaze right up until his finger clenched and
the wall behind her was splattered with streams of red and
white and sticky grey.

Akane stood, staring at the place where the gaze had
been as if unaware that it had been broken, unaware of
anything.

As if sensing something, Ranma turned around, glanced
up. His eyes widened in surprise.

She looked at him.

Then he shrugged, the crooked smile seeming to say well,
what did you expect?

Akane turned and fled. A low chuckle followed her,
drifting in the distance as she ran away into black tunnels.
Bluone

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion