Crowning Moments of Heartwarming (any fic)

Crowning Moments of Heartwarming (any fic)

Unread postby MEKristian » September 13th, 2013, 12:15 am

Well if we can talk about the moments that we thought were awesome or hilarious, why shouldn't we round out the old Crowning Moment trifecta with some stuff that can just bring a smile to your face?

I'll start out with something that's relatively simple, the Fire Emblem: Awakening fanfiction Matchmaker, where in Robin (The default female Avatar/My Unit) tries to pull off something you cannot replicate in-game and have the Lord Chrom pair off with Cordelia, the Pegasus Knight with an unrequited (and secret to Chrom) crush on her lord.

The main CMoH points would of course be the romantic confessions and stuff, but there's another moment that I think is really effective; Chapter Six takes place during that chapter of the game (if you've played it, you should know which one) and after a long series of terrible things happening, Cordelia is saved from certain doom by "Marth", Chrom's ally from earlier in the game. Cordelia manages to tell Marth a bit of her troubles, and Marth responds with a small pep-talk that's able to finally get Cordelia moving forward again.
Spoiler: show
And it becomes even more heartwarming when you know Marth's true identity.

So, what moments from fics made your hearts warm?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Re: Crowning Moments of Heartwarming (any fic)

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 16th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Any time Harry and Chibi-Usa *ahem*, I mean, Cuteness, interact in The Girl Who Loved can essentially count, but this is probably one of the best ones.
Spoiler: show
Cuteness and then Harry grabbed the near end of Pluto's staff. The three blurred and disappeared. Usagi didn't know if this would work, but she tried to will herself to follow her daughter. Just as she reappeared near the Gate she caught sight of the others. Chibi-usa looked over to her mother's ghost.

"Hi, Momma. I missed you." Usagi was floored. Chibi-usa could see her?

"H-hi, Chibi-usa. I love you sooo much. I was asleep... asleep in a magic spring. I came back as soon as I could. If it weren't for Harry here, I'd still be down there waiting for someone to rescue me."

Harry and Pluto both watched the conversation and each got something different out of it. Harry could see and hear everything, but didn't know Japanese. Pluto could hear Small Lady's side of the story, but not Usagi's half. She had almost forgot that accepting the form of Setsuna Meioh would limit her abilities so that she could not see the dead in this incarnation. How interesting that Small Lady can. This is new. For the Senshi of Pluto new is usually catastrophically bad.

She must learn one way or the other before they go back.

"Harry saves lots of people, Momma, just like you do." Cuteness said.

Usagi nodded in support. "He's a good boy... man, Harry is a good man. So, Chibi-usa, what's wrong?"

The little pink haired girl looked down and began to tear up. "The future Momma. It changed."

Usagi's eyes bugged out. Behind her, Setsuna froze.

"But.. but.. HOW? What's different?" Usagi asked desperately.

"Please wait, Momma. Let me talk to -sniff- Harry f-first." Cuteness begged.

Usagi nodded. Chibi-usa turned to the confused blonde who has been listening to a nine year old girl talk to a ghost while Hotness slowly went more and more pale. 'That's a bad look for you Hotness, you should see a healer.' The pink haired mini-senshi locked her eyes on Harry's and appeared to build up her courage. Then, after a clearly visible emotional struggle passed over the girl's face, her courage and her eyes began to shine with hot tears. Chibi-usa lost her internal battle between needing to keep secrets like a grown-up and needing Love and Comfort.

"I... I.. I'm sorry Daddyi'msosorrydaddypleasedon'tleavemedaddyilove -hic- youiloveyouineedyoudaddy -hic- dontleavemedaddy... love you... so sorry... don't...leave.." Cuteness fell apart in Harry's lap.

Harry tightly held the sobbing girl on her lap as she and Usagi stared at each other. Usagi may not know much English, but as a girly-girl in good standing she knew what her daughter had just blurted out to the young wizard-turned-witch sitting not two meters away.

It just didn't... but what about... Daddy?... really?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion