Jutsu Recycling Bin

Jutsu Recycling Bin

Unread postby Minion » January 11th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Have a jutsu that you thought up, but have no intention of using? How about a Kekkei Genkai you don't want to go to waste? Well this is the place for them.

Pretty much any and every type of jutsu goes. Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, the ever neglected Genjutsu...

But it isn't just limited to putting jutsu up for adoption. Feel free to make a request of having a jutsu made with a specific purpose in mind. I'm sure the collective will come up with something interesting and effective for you. Also, if you do decide to adopt a jutsu, please state so, in order to avoid a clash of people using the same given jutsu for different stories.

Here are my first contributions:

Secchakushou = Glue Hand/Adhesive Palm
Spoiler: show
Hand Seals: Horse, Bird, Monkey

Purpose: Gives the user's hands an incredibly clingy attribute that increases the power of their grip x20. An experienced user may leave a similar residual affect on a chosen surface, allowing them to temporarily trap enemies in place at their mercy. Even more skilled users may throw Secchakushou. The adhesive force dissolves over time; rapidly if heated, slowly if cooled.

Range: Close (0m-5m) Mid (5m-10m) Far (10m+)

Canon Related Comparison: Naruto would have been able to grasp the wet rocks in the ravine as he fell had he used this jutsu (though it wouldn't guarantee that his wrists wouldn't break or rip off at the impact).

C-rank Ninjutsu.
Enpa = Sea Spray
Hand Seals: Ox, Tiger

Purpose: The ninja sprays a thick jet of mist from their mouth, obscuring the opponents vision in a fog-bank. It is similar in function to the Kirigakure no Jutsu, but does not require a water source outside the body. However, the area covered by the technique is strictly limited to the amount of chakra placed into the technique, and may be escaped simply by walking out of its confines.

Range: Unlimited

Canon Related Comparison: Average ninja may use it about as effectively as Kiba's smokebombs worked against Naruto, as in the jutsu would cover the same distance from non-chakra intensive shinobi.

C-rank Suiton Ninjutsu.
Now you! :D
Minion

Re: Jutsu Recycling Bin

Unread postby Nebula1701 » January 11th, 2009, 9:01 pm

heh that last one sounds like an inkjet from a squid...
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 12th, 2009, 1:06 am

Here's one I mentioned earlier.

Ongakusai no jutsu = Music Festival
Hand seals = Boar, Monkey, Hare

Purpose: Actually used to mask your approach in a crowded setting, Ongakusai takes every sound that you produce (footsteps, rustling clothing, even your breathing and heartbeat!) and fluctuates it into sound to match the natural background noise of the area. However, a skilled user can modulate the chakra so that they can still speak, allowing them to taunt their opponents easily if they have the skill of projecting their voice. Some users of the jutsu have even been able to modify the jutsu to create actual music, and the most advanced have created ghostly lyrics out of thin air, which they can use to give themselves a psychological boost by using the right songs.

Canon related example: Shikimaru could have used this to break Kin or Tayuya's sound-based genjutsu, since the field of chakra modulated air around him would have blocked the foreign chakra being carried in on the soundwaves.

B-Rank due to the skill required to maintain it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » January 12th, 2009, 1:32 am

Ongakusai no jutsu = Music Festival
So a variant (in the same vein that Orioke no Jutsu is a henge variant) created by experienced users would be the dreaded Background Music no Jutsu. God, I hope Gai never learns BGM no Jutsu. Dynamic Entry or Gai-Lee hugfests, now with 150% more theme music.

Secchakushou - An excuse for the age old sticky hands jokes to be used. :D

I agree that Enpa sounds like an inkjet. Probably be useful in enclosed spaces like buildings, since it'd be harder to exit the confines of the jutsu.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 12th, 2009, 2:08 am

Yeah. And you've gotta admit, being able to create your own fight-scene music would ROCK! :cool
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 12th, 2009, 8:41 am

It would be pretty crazy. Hmm, I wonder if Enpa could allow you to detect chakra movement through it. You could set the mist out very thin so that it was practically no more than humidity, and then he/she could have forewarning of any incoming attacks or people moving through it.

*Reserved for further use, Mwa ha ha ha!*
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Shoubushi » January 12th, 2009, 11:46 am

I'll be the first to use this as a request type thing. Anybody ever had any nifty fuinjutsu ideas? I like the concept of it but my mind is drawing a bit of a blank on neat ideas.
Shoubushi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 12th, 2009, 12:16 pm

I've had a few that I've either used or will use. One is a basic firestorm. It is the flip side of the fire sealing technique Jiraiya used on the mission to find Tsunade. It can release the fire in a stream, or it can be activated to release all the fire at once, as a suped up explosive note.

The next is along the same lines, a water sealing. The user is able to make sure they always have water for water jutsus with this, and like the fire sealing, can be released all at once for a concussive blast of water. The seal holds a huge amount of water, enough for a small pond or more, with reinforcing seals.

The next is a small seal tattooed on the hand or finger (if you're good enough to get it that small) that stores a small amount of energy/chakra/kinetic force every time the arm moves. Best if not used frequently. When activated, all the energy is released in a wave of force that can range from just enough to push a person back, to enough to pulverize bones provided enough time between uses.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 12th, 2009, 1:07 pm

That last one is badass. I wonder if you could adapt it to chakra training weights ("weights" that train your chakra, not you muscles) and apply it to every limb, then be able to deactivate the abortion and whalla! You're good to go. I don't know how practical that would be though...
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Shoubushi » January 12th, 2009, 1:20 pm

I really like that last one. All the force of a Tsunade punch o' doom without the hassle of having to have ungodly chakra control. As well as kept from being Marysued by the fact that you have to build up the kinetic force. You mind if I borrow that and the water sealing from you Mr. Rigger? I'll make sure to credit the idea of course. :)
Shoubushi

Unread postby bibliophile20 » January 12th, 2009, 1:39 pm

The next is a small seal tattooed on the hand or finger (if you're good enough to get it that small) that stores a small amount of energy/chakra/kinetic force every time the arm moves. Best if not used frequently. When activated, all the energy is released in a wave of force that can range from just enough to push a person back, to enough to pulverize bones provided enough time between uses.

MrRigger
Shades of Harry Dresden. Although, I'll admit that I've been trying to figure out a way to adapt it for my D&D game...
bibliophile20

Unread postby Minion » January 12th, 2009, 2:35 pm

I've never really had any luck thinking up any good ideas for sealing... How about seals etched into dentures that allow them to bite through anything...?
Minion

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 12th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Shades of Harry Dresden. Although, I'll admit that I've been trying to figure out a way to adapt it for my D&D game...
I'm not to proud to admit that that's where I'm drawing my inspiration. Of course, I do have justification. Tsunade's forehead seal. While Tsunade probably does have some knowledge of sealing (medical procedures use them, as seen patching up Neji after the Sasuke Retrieval), I don't think she has enough knowledge to pull off a seal like that on her own. So she asks the resident sealing expert, Jiraiya. In his experimentation, he creates a seal that is almost what she wants, in that it stores small amounts of chakra continuously over long periods of time. However, instead of releasing the chakra internally, it expresses externally. Jiraiya shelves the idea for a bit so he can finish what Tsunade asked of him, and later comes back to it and develops it more completely, so that it is more controlled and whatnot.

And Psalm of Fire, I don't mind you using them, as long as you do as you said and credit me.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Minion » January 12th, 2009, 3:42 pm

Okay, how about silencing seals on the bottom of shinobi sandals, that prevent noise as you walk.

Tags attached to kunai that contain a large dosage of chemical toxins that inject into the skin through gas, or through the tip of the blade.
Minion

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 12th, 2009, 3:56 pm

How about a variation of an explosive tag that's dipped in metal or something similar? Instant frag grenade. Another idea I had was to take a box with an explosive tag or some form of seal in the bottom, pack it with cheap senbon needles, and set it up with some sort of trigger seal, like a security laser setup, if line of sight is interupted at a certain level, the box goes off, spewing the sendon in one direction like a claymore mine.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Minion » January 12th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Actually, TK, that's been done in the anime. Iruka used a cluster bomb of kunai on Sasuke in a Genjutsu to test Sakura...
Minion

Unread postby ewuvi » January 12th, 2009, 4:09 pm

:?:
Don't you mean Kakashi?
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 12th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Okay, but that was in a genjutsu, which means that it may or may not actually be used in "real life". And such a cluster bomb would be bulky to transport in large numbers and probably a little tricky to handle since you'd have to coat your hands in chakra to keep from getting stuck, which might set off the fuse accidentally.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ironwolf » January 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm

:?:
Don't you mean Kakashi?
It was just before the Chuunin Exam.
Ironwolf

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 12th, 2009, 4:56 pm

However, Kiba did do something similar to what you're describing in his fight with Sakon and Ukon, with the exploding puppy trick.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » January 12th, 2009, 4:56 pm

Hmmm, was it in the anime and the manga?
ewuvi

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 12th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Can seals perform a partial summon of their contents? If so... you could set up armor with blades sealed all around it and with a uniform partial activation you turn yourself into a porky-pine. I would hate to fight that. If the seals are not all linked up then a person with good chakra control, or at least directional chakra control, could only activate the ones that threaten your enemies, thus coordinating with allies better.

If you performed a seal in you palms your could summon a chain from spider-man style. Having those things pop in and out in the middle of a battle would be a pain, especially if you're a sword fighter.

You could seal venom in your tongue. Most venom, unlike poisons, have to be directly injected into the blood, and if swallowed are harmless. You can drink a quart of rattle snake venom and be fine but you get a few drops in the blood and your in trouble. Thus, whenever you can bite someone, you're all set to cause havoc on your target. I can see Anko and the like loving this, especially a girl who plays damsel and then bites the bastard trying to capture her. If the venom isn't obvious he would wonder why his vision was getting all blurry after a minute or two. In fact, you could have several seals, one fast acting, one subtle, and one merely for incapacitation.

People have sealed kunai in paper, why not seal a ton of explosive tags in a kunai? Huck the almost harmless thing the enemies way and then release the seal on it, suddenly your enemy is covered in over a dozen paper bombs and very much at your mercy (you know, if they can't kwarimi fast enough).
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Phht » January 12th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Sound dampening seals on your footwear is a good idea.

You people need to think more outside the box with seals. Think of more non-combat uses of seals for ninja. ;)

What if you're a ninja assigned to a seduction mission? There could be a seal to prevent any... unexpected events that could arise over the course of your mission (alternately, slap it on a playboy so he doesn't end up having kids with half the village. "Sorry son, but if you're going to keep polishing your kunai with the ladies, we're going to need to take steps to avoid... uncomfortable situations that would look badly upon the family" or "Anko, you're going to get this seal placed on you or...." :lol: ).

Possibly seals that act as listening devices, recording on a paper elsewhere what's being said. Or a mail delivery system of seals, where the 'inbox' seal is in a permanent location - like the Hokage's desk, for instance - and the 'outbox' seal is a mobile seal that would be used as if someone were sealing the mail into the seal. Of course, instead of being sealed, it would be transported to the other seal. I would say that the 'outbox' seals would be personalized for a specific user to avoid it being used by an enemy, and the seals wouldn't be handed out to many people. Or something like that.

Better yet, seals that have an encryption method built into it that can be used to quickly encrypt data. Plus the decryption seal counterparts to the encryption seals. For security reasons, the seals would likely only be blood seals usable with specific people. So when the Sandaime retired, they had to make new decryption seals for the Yondaime to use. Or something along those lines.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Darkandus » January 12th, 2009, 5:31 pm

(Kirakira zetsumei no jutsu) Sparkle Death. Requirements-A person with affinity for water and lightning. The user creates spears of water and proceeds to super charge them with electricity. They then fly towards the target at high speed under the mental direction of the user. If they ground, (ie, hit a tree) the electricity causes superheating to whatever is hit usually ending in an explosion with enough force to create fires and large amounts of residual static electricity. Not fun if your in a forest on the receiving end.

Requires vast amounts of concentration. Chakra drain varies depending on the strength of the affinities and the number created. The only constraints on the amount producable being water available and chakra. Takes roughly half the amount of chakra a kage bunshin needs to produce one Kirakira Zetsumei.

(Shinteki Sokushin no jutsu) Mental acceleration. Requirements-high control, large chakra reserves. Chakra is focused into the brain to increase the rate of synapse firing and creation. Accelerates learning and thought processes. Consumes huge quantities of chakra and has a side effect of acute mental fatigue with extended use. Risks include seizures if control isn't sufficient or if used while suffering from mental fatigue. Can cause brain death if used after multiple seizures.
Darkandus

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 12th, 2009, 5:57 pm

I agree with the excellence of the silence sealed sandals. I also love the music one too.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion