Crowning Moments of Awesome/Funny (any fic)

Crowning Moments of Awesome/Funny (any fic)

Unread postby serbii » January 28th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Crowning Moment of Awesome
We've got a topic for the NoFP fic now moments you loved in any fic.

Spying no Jitsu:
Naruto... just Naruto through pratically whole story
The aftermath of the big fight
Spoiler: show
[Jiraiya]’d gotten to Snow Country in record time. It wasn’t just a land-speed record; he’d traveled across about three countries using space/time ninjutsu. And he anticipated a pitched battle against at least Ursura of Five Bears and the Akatsuki duo of Itachi and Kisame once he got there.

But then when he got there Naruto was having some teary goodbye scene with a hot blonde kunoichi several years older than him. She was all over him!

Jiraiya had never understood what Uchiha Mikoto had meant by saying “sometimes you want to hug them and strangle them all at the same time.”

He also wanted to punch Naruto in the face. Or buy him a beer.

“That magnificient bastard.” The Toad Sage groused.
Also
Tsunade stared. She could just tell this was going to be the most ridiculous mission debriefing since the last time Naruto had gone on a mission in a foreign country.

“Say that again.” Tsunade prompted.

“The Tsuchikage says ‘hi.’” Naruto repeated.

Tsunade allowed her head to collapse onto her desk. “Oh no…” She muttered.
I burst out laughing at “The Tsuchikage says ‘hi.’”

Team 8
Naruto beating Sasuke with one punch. heh

Hary Potter:
The Book of Dobby: Per Arcana ad Astra. Dobby, in a repaired German WWII plane, bombs the Riddle manor to the ground. The plane is called "Lily Potters Revenge" and the bombs feature " (the traditional burlesque image found on bombers everywhere) which showed a scantily-clad and wickedly grinning Lily Potter with a Sten gun". The motif on the plane is the logo to the Games Workshop stores, the house elves suggested it and Harry didnt recognise it.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll probably have more later. Yours?
Last edited by serbii on January 29th, 2009, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Re: Crowing Moments of Awesome/Funny (any fic)

Unread postby Tom Mathews » January 28th, 2009, 8:44 pm

"Daddy?!" Mylene Jenius

"You tell Mirya, I have not seen seen this pink haired girl before in my life," Max Sterling.
The Nexus Crhonicles on Spacebattles(basically the SDF-3 from Robotech meets Macross 7)
Tom Mathews

Unread postby MorphCross » January 28th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Meanwhile Kakashi Hatake, a recently retired ANBU member, walked out of a bookstore, with a melancholy grin on his face. In his left arm he held a plastic shopping bag, the contents of his small and rectangular. He walked over to a trash bin outside the bookstore, and took out the object, and slammed the bag into the can, as he brought the book up to his face and began laughing maniacally. "At last! At long last!" He said as he began crying a little. "The latest issue of Icha-Icha Paradise is mine!" Kakashi shouted as he held up the book in the air, as if it were some kind of glorious treasure.

Kakashi then leaned up against the wall of the building, flipped the book open to the first page and began reading. He was slumped up against the wall, standing as still and as silent as a statue, except for the occasional turn of the page and perverted giggle. He heard shouts coming from the end of the street and let his arm drop and he looked up to see the commotion. He watched as Naruto came barreling down the street, with the three Chunin, with patches of dirt on them from their fall, chase after them. "Hmmm. So that's what an Uzumaki chase looks like." Kakashi said as the chase flew past him and he brought his hand back up to his face...

Only to find his precious book not in it. Kakashi began panicking, he checked the ground, his other hand, his feet, his pockets, and even began digging in the trash can for it. He actually even began trying to look for Genjutsu, maybe it was that Chunin Kurenai, practicing her Genjutsus on him and his precious books again. Then all of a sudden, his Icha-Icha senses went off, the ones that only activated when someone opened up a copy of Icha-Icha Paradise nearby. Kakashi's eyes narrowed as he looked down the street, to see Naruto Uzumaki... with his precious, new book open.

"Hey what's this?" Naruto said as he flipped the book page. "And he cupped her precious orbs into his hands and... what's this word here?" Naruto said as he looked it over. "I can barely understand a word of this, the words are too big... oh well, it will have to due. Afterall I need something to keep the fire lit tonight." Naruto said as he closed the book, and Kakashi's visable eye widened as he heard the words 'have to due', 'fire', and 'lit'.

Kakashi's head sunk to the ground, as winds suddenly blew around him, and blue chakra began flaring around him. "You..." He muttered as he cracked his neck. "Who have stolen my precious Icha-Icha Paradise..." Kakashi muttered as he cracked his fists . "And threaten to burn it..." Kakashi said as he cracked his jaw. "Will pay for the severity of your crime to me!" Kakashi yelled as he looked up to reveal his visable eye, aflame with anger. He got down into sprinter's position, and then sped off at the group.
From Naruto: Alone Chapter 2. One of a few stories that Naruto ends up being chased in that doesn't lead to chronic eye-rolling.
MorphCross

Unread postby shoootme » January 29th, 2009, 9:42 am

this comes form The Ultimate Ace chapter 23 the Arkbird mission from ace combat 5
Forrest switched to the Osean frequency. He smiled beneath his mask as he noted the panicked note in the Belkan astronaut’s voices.

“Damn, what was that explosion!?”

“Did that Osean bastard leave us another surprise?”

“No. Look! The external cameras! Eight gray planes with Ribbon insignias and four black and red ones!”

“It’s them! The Ribbon and the Ghosts of Razgriz!”

“Shit. Launch the back up!”

“Roger.”

Blaze was back on the wing’s frequency. “Heads up! We’re gonna have company!” A bay on Arkbird’s belly opened up and three objects fell clear. The ace did a double take when he saw just what had fallen out.

Three Terminators with gray and white digital camouflage bodies and yellow wingtips and bellies were plunging at the ocean sparkling below, but as the three flights watched, engines came to life and afterburners lit.

“Blaze!” Edge shouted as the three planes began to level off then climb back up to altitude.

“I see them I see them! Shit. That’s unbelievable. They hid Yellow Squadron inside the Arkbird!”
and what realy makes this into a Crowing Moments of Awesome is
‘Talk about a knife fight in a phone booth,’ the ace thought to himself as the drone in front of him made some spectacular moves that he as a human couldn’t hope to match. Besides, the UAV was smaller and lighter than he was, so it was able to do more acrobatic maneuvers. The only thing that he had going for him was that the UCAVs were able to carry a single missile apiece and a cannon. The missiles had already been fired and evaded, which left the gun.

The ace smiled as one crossed right over his gunsight. The smile vanished almost instantly as the machine kicked over and dove away, becoming a dark dot against the sea in seconds. Eddie tried not to scream out his frustrations.

Red tracers flew from the right, smashing the UAV that the three of them had been chasing.

Mobius 1’s Raptor dropped into formation beside them.

“Need some help?” he asked casually.

“Where’d the Yellows go?” The other ace asked.

They could hear the laughter in his voice. “Last I checked, on their way for a little swim.” When Eddie looked around, there was no sign of the three Terminators. He whistled.

“Damn Boss, it took you longer over Farbanti. How'd you shoot two of them down in what, less than two minutes?”

“Classified,” he answered with a small laugh. The four Raptors turned into another UAV that tried to lead them back towards the other dark triangle. They weren’t having any of it though and just circled protectively, a moving barrier that shielded the others from attack. “Kei, how are we doing?”
got more good ones but not the time to find them will post them when i get home
shoootme

Unread postby Random_fan » March 30th, 2010, 8:51 am

I am resurrecting this thread to comment one of the most awesome scenes ever.

Okay the setting is a virtual reality version of Dracula's castle. The scene starts with a couple of fighters attacking Dracula head on, that fails and all but one survives but before Dracula can finish him off another survivor arrives and stabs Dracula with a silver knife, that doesn't kill him though, no what does is another survivor coming in with holy yo-yo's and then killing Dracula with them the same way Luffy attacks with his arms. It doesn't hurt that Dracula was part Twilight vampire as well.

Adding to the awesome is this is a guy who throughout the original show the first fan fic and almost all of this fic had been bragging about his 'mad skills' but, besides beatboxing , had never gotten to show the off before. As far as I'm concerned it was well worth the wait.

How the second team kills him also qualifies, first there is a minor battle involving twin holy katana blades and a holy twin pump shotgun, but after Dracula throws the twelve year old child prodigy out the window one of the characters shoves the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch down his throat, forcing him to swallow it, she then walks away while Dracula explodes.

For anyone interested here's a link to the chapter where it happens. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5097082/26/ ... tlegrounds it's just about a quarter of the way down the page.
Random_fan

Unread postby Halinmonk » April 2nd, 2010, 1:49 pm

He slowly lowered Sakura to the sand, not really knowing what had happened, but aware that their relationship had changed. Or perhaps changed was the wrong word – it had shifted, in the same way turning a gem in the light revealed different facets of it.

Something told him that this shift had been building for a long, long time. Had been happening for a long, long time, and he was only now aware of it.

She met his eyes, and he realised she could feel it too.

"So, uh..." Sakura wiped at her eyes, cleaning the last of the tears from her cheeks. "What now?"

Sasuke considered it. If he had killed Itachi, and never learned the truth, he might have been able to return to Konoha. But now that he knew what those council members had done...no, he couldn't go back. He had to honour Itachi's memory – he had to bring down the cause of his brother's unhappiness...

"I will destroy Konoha," he said softly.

Sakura's eyes widened, and she looked startled. But couldn't she see that it had to be done? The council was corrupt and evil – they had to be destroyed. He couldn't allow them to get away with what they'd done...

Sakura had heard the story herself, surely she understood?

Apparently not, because she was just staring at him as though she couldn't believe what had just come out of his mouth.

Sasuke sighed and turned away. "Come on – we need to get back to the others-"

"YOU STUPID, SELFISH, ARROGANT, THICK-SKULLED PRICK!"

Sasuke turned around just in time to see Sakura's fist flying towards his face.
Ripples Chapter 18: Truth http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4328663/18/Ripples
Halinmonk

Unread postby Farmer_10 » April 2nd, 2010, 2:24 pm

Polarity, Chapter 37. A marvel-fic featuring the shocker in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.
Almost everybody is about to engage Dormammu (the fics big bad) in a massive beatdown. Awesome of coure but we also get this gem:

It wasn't Ares or Captain American who got to Dormammu first, however. A high pressure jet of water shot between them, smacking into Dormammu's ankle as the chains yanked on him again. "Come on, you sons of bitches," Hydro-Man screamed out, "do you want to live forever?"

"First Speed Demon, then freaking' Hydro-Man stole my lines! At this rate," the Human Torch said as he scorched overhead, " I'm going to be reduced to crying out..."

"By your powers combined," the voice of Deadpool cried as he leveled his assault rifle at Dormammu, "I am CAPTAIN PLANET!"

"Son of a bitch," the Human Torch cried before he laid into the Dread Lord.
And from Meinos Kaens, 'No Reading' chapter 26
Naruto's been depowered by Iron Man through the power of science. It makes sense in context. He's also a dinobot fan. This is important. Anyway here's the funny:
"I don't know what Tony did, but it took away your powers! Your weapons!" The Avenger continued, towering above her target. "What's a warrior without weapons?!"

"… What…" Carol couldn't tell, but the Naruto in front of her went through three faces: surprise, a smile and then manly tears of happiness. "… A WARRIOR STILL!" He turned around in a flash, surprising Carol with the shout and the tears, and managing to slam a pretty big piece of concrete in her face. The woman staggered, but didn't fall down. The Naruto kept on crying. "… If I wasn't sixteen, I could ask you to marry me, right now."

"… Just… Go… To sleep." He did. With one punch. But at least, he had gotten a once in a life-time opportunity. Somewhere else, Deadpool cried manly tears as well.
Last edited by Farmer_10 on July 4th, 2010, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » April 2nd, 2010, 5:52 pm

A combination of awesome AND funny in Ch. 24 of The Middle Ground
Context: There is opposition in the Aburame clan to Shino/Tenten. Shibi and Shino hatch plan to embarrass the main instigator. With tea! And it works! Hiroto is the main instigator of the whole thing, and Katsu is Shino's grandfather.

"Grandson," Katsu addressed Shino this time. "I am glad you have brought such a remarkable person into our clan's acquaintance."

"As am I, Honored Grandfather," Shino replied, and this time when his fingers tightened on Tenten's hand, she blushed.

At the same time, the little analytical voice in the back of her mind that was usually on high alert during missions said, nicely done. Katsu had, with only a few words, made it extremely clear to the clan leaders present that he not only approved of Tenten as an individual, but in connection to the Aburame as well. What he'd really been saying was, 'I'm glad you've brought her into our clan.'

She didn't blush again, but it was a near thing. Instead, she smiled as sincerely as she could at Katsu in thanks. The old man toasted her with his still full cup, and raised it towards his lips.

And then lowered it. This time Hiroto set his cup back down on the table with a sharp clink, and the tiny noise seemed to echo around the room in the oddest way. The small, irrelevant sound had the attention of every shinobi at the table. They're watching him, Tenten realized. All of the clan leaders probably knew about Hiroto's Request Form, and by now they must have figured out that Katsu was deliberately annoying Hiroto while simultaneously complimenting Tenten. Between Shibi reminding everyone about her accomplishments, and Katsu remarking on her clear attachment to Shino…well, it was looking pretty good for the Home Team, from Tenten's angle. And Hiroto's Request Form was starting to look a little petty and mean-spirited from every angle.

And no one's even mentioned it, Tenten realized with awe. Not one single reference had been made to the outrageous breach of courtesy. And somehow that made it all the more obviously the center of discussion. It was like the white elephant in the room, carefully ignored.

Katsu raised his cup. This time, no one else did. Hiroto simply stared at his with a bleak expression.
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby EdStargazer » April 7th, 2010, 11:29 pm

In the story "It started with a Psychology Book" by Psycoticat on FF
Naruto rubs his hands together in anticipation and smiles at the old bijuu. He closes his eyes in concentration and pulling on his own memories to make sure that he gets everything right. All the way down to the smallest detail.

Kyuubi notices that the air starts to shimmer in his cage. The next thing he knows is that there is a sunset over the ocean in his cage and that he is standing on a cliff. He also notices to large shadowed figures in his cage with him. He then looks down at Naruto, "This is supposed to scare me how?"

Naruto opens his eyes to look back at him, "Who said I was done yet?" He then closes his eyes again and goes back to concentrating.

The next thing that the bijuu noticed was that he was wearing a full body green spandex suit with orange legwarmers. His eye twitches and he looks back at the human in front of him, "What is this?"

"Oh, you don't like it? But I thought it would help you out with getting to know your two new room-mates."

"And who would that be?" Kyuubi asked with a sinking fealing.

"LEE!"

"GAI-SENSEI!"

The two shadowed figures revealed themselves to be Lee and Gai. Unfortunately for the old fox, the two eccentric taijutsu masters were not wearing their normal attire. They were wearing green speedos. He then proceeded to have a full body twitch and his tails bushed out. "Oh Fucking HELL NOOOOO!!!!!!"

"Oh yes Kyuubi. You get to experience the joys of YOUTH! Buh bye now!"

Kyuubi just stood there in shock at the spot that Naruto just disappeared from. He then looked at the youthful beasts of Konoha. The next thing he knew he was glomped on both sides by happily crying grown men screaming about youth and how it is an honor that he decided to join them in spreading the flames of youth. (AN: Gag, I hate typing youthful crap.)

"KILL ME NOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!"

"BUT THAT WOULD BE SO UNYOUTHFUL!"
Just reading it makes me shudder. It is pure evil.
They are characters we all know, and dislike. They are the reason for the story. The reason the plot moves ahead towards its end. No story of any quality can exist without these most important of characters. They are the reason for heroes to exist.
The antagonist, the 'bad guy'

The Villain

One thing you learn as a hero, that once you reach a certain power or ability level, death is merely an inconvenience

There comes a time when even a magical castle loses its luster, when spells and enchatments fail to thrill, when magic itself becomes ... mundane
EdStargazer

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 10th, 2010, 7:13 pm

In the latest update of a "What if" Bleach fic called "A Protector's Pride", I LOL'd so hard...
And just as the Arrancar had foretold, Ichigo felt despair. … Shit.

Yeah, that's an 'oh fuck' moment.

"I am the only one of the Espada to have reached a second Resurrección form. Not even Aizen has seen it," Ulquiorra boasted, with the tiniest traces of pride detectable in his voice.

I don't have a choice. Let's see how long this lasts. "You're not the only one hiding their true power, Ulquiorra," Ichigo whispered. Cazador, you ready?

That depends. Are you ready to take a level in badass?

Ichigo smiled tightly. Then let's see just how badass we can get.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 10th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Can I have a link, please?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 10th, 2010, 8:29 pm

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 10th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Thanks.

I just got done reading Nobody Dies.... There are too many moments to list in here.
Dechstreme

Unread postby doc.exe » April 11th, 2010, 1:00 am

Agreed. That fic is a parade for them. But my favorite ones so far are, in order of appearance:
1. Gendo, Fuyutsuki and Yui discussing who is to teach Rei to drive.
2. Shinji vs. ADAM.
3. Asuka attacking her mother with a chair.
4. Asuka defeating EVA-00 and Sandalphon.
5. The conversation with Sandalphon Jr. in Misato's appartment.
6. Gendo fist fighting the president of the United States.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am

Hey, hey. Not just ANY president... President Stephen Colbert. Yeah.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Quadhelix » April 11th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Agreed. That fic is a parade for them. But my favorite ones so far are, in order of appearance:
Chapter 34 had a...Subtle (?) Moment of Funny that deserves some love:
Upon his retirement party two days ago, Kozou Fuyutsuki boarded a plane to New Vegas and turned off his cell phone. With Sub Director Sohryu in house arrest, that mean the chain of command fell down to Lieutenant Colonel Katsuragi.

She promptly was called away, dragging Lieutenant Makoto with her to NERV-Boston in the United States, where there was a possible security problem with the under construction Evangelion Unit 03.

This meant the chain of command fell on Dr. Ritsuko Akagi.

She was called away to NERV-2 in Germany for problems with the S2 Engine research.

So, the burden of command fell to the next person in line.

Acting Commander Maya Ibuki clears her throat, sitting in the chair on the raised platform in Central Dogma.
:want:
Quadhelix

Unread postby spudman » April 11th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I'm assuming Stephen Colbert won? Because any other result is just silly.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » April 11th, 2010, 11:15 pm

I'm assuming Stephen Colbert won? Because any other result is just silly.
Double Knock-Out. Shinji was the only one left conscious, sitting on a metal folding chair. Swiftly became the 'verse's equivalent of Chuck Norris.
EDIT: Since I found it, I'll also throw up the Non-canon Nobody Dies Omake about what Fuyutsuki is doing in Vegas.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 12th, 2010, 3:45 pm

Question. Just who is Stephen Colbert? I skimmed his Wiki article, but, I want to know what you guys can tell me about him, and some links to vids or something.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Halinmonk » April 12th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Look up "The Colbert Report: The Word" any clip will do nicely. Or you can watch him on comedy central (Chanel 48 if you have cable) every Monday through Thursday at 11:30 after "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart".

You life will never bee the same again :want:
Halinmonk

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 13th, 2010, 8:07 pm

Before I go and look for a vid starring the esteemed Mr. Colbert.... I nominate this moment, from the Naruto fanfiction Juniper, chapter 11.
Sakura poked her teammates in the side and whispered something to both of them that seemed to greatly insult Sasuke. "I'm not using that jutsu. You're both insane for coming up with it," he stated before quickly caving under the intense stares of his sensei and his teammates.

A moment later, there were three puffs of smoke and the Hokage was suddenly face to face with three chibified Genin. "Can Anko nee-chan please come with us Hokage-sama? Please?" the small pink haired girl begged as her eyes began to water up and she peered longingly over the table at the elderly man.

The Hokage stared at the three with a look of near horror on his face. He had never been so outwitted before…as long as one ignored the jutsu Naruto had used on him when he stole the scroll. He would never be able to live it down if he gave in to the three and he wasn't sure he was comfortable sending Anko with them in the first place. When a pair of watery blue eyes poked over the table next to the already teary green eyes the Hokage turned away hoping that Sasuke's orneriness would make it easier to say a definitive no. However, the small glare combined with the childish pout was even harder to take and the Hokage finally nodded. "Take Anko. But don't ever let those three use that on me ever again," he stated.
Dechstreme

Unread postby Tarnished Blade » April 13th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Before I go and look for a vid starring the esteemed Mr. Colbert.... I nominate this moment, from the Naruto fanfiction Juniper, chapter 11.
Sakura poked her teammates in the side and whispered something to both of them that seemed to greatly insult Sasuke. "I'm not using that jutsu. You're both insane for coming up with it," he stated before quickly caving under the intense stares of his sensei and his teammates.

A moment later, there were three puffs of smoke and the Hokage was suddenly face to face with three chibified Genin. "Can Anko nee-chan please come with us Hokage-sama? Please?" the small pink haired girl begged as her eyes began to water up and she peered longingly over the table at the elderly man.

The Hokage stared at the three with a look of near horror on his face. He had never been so outwitted before…as long as one ignored the jutsu Naruto had used on him when he stole the scroll. He would never be able to live it down if he gave in to the three and he wasn't sure he was comfortable sending Anko with them in the first place. When a pair of watery blue eyes poked over the table next to the already teary green eyes the Hokage turned away hoping that Sasuke's orneriness would make it easier to say a definitive no. However, the small glare combined with the childish pout was even harder to take and the Hokage finally nodded. "Take Anko. But don't ever let those three use that on me ever again," he stated.
I once hoped that T8 Naruto would pull something like this on Kurenai . . . :TT_TT:
Tarnished Blade

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 13th, 2010, 10:33 pm

You did? :TT_TT:
Dechstreme

Unread postby Stormseed » April 13th, 2010, 11:02 pm

I was hoping to see her reaction to Tsunade's return. :cry:
Stormseed

Unread postby Farmer_10 » April 14th, 2010, 5:19 am

:TT_TT: Damnit poeple why are we reopening these fresh wounds?
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion