Unread postby Phht » June 3rd, 2009, 3:44 am

Hmm, do I see some minor Ino/Gaara coming up? :lech
Hey, it worked in "Three Months"
"A black sheriff?!"

"Why not. It worked in Blazing Saddles."

*murmurs of agreement*

:halo

--

I was giggling throughout that chapter. Especially when Sasuke goofed on that mission. Anyone wanna bet that Sasuke'll end up apprenticed to Anko?

Well, given that Sarutobi said the replacement would be a "more laid back boy"... Chouji's still an option. As would be Kabuto. Or Shikamaru, if he doesn't get promoted.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Re: EdStargazer's Fanfic works - Fic Discussion

Unread postby serbii » June 3rd, 2009, 6:26 am

The trouble will be getting a third person without destroying a team. I assume he's going to try to avoid an OC.

Oh Ed if you're still here, watch your "quotation marks". There were a few missing in the last chapter.
serbii

Unread postby Phht » June 3rd, 2009, 12:27 pm

Well, with Ino comatose, Team 10 is short a person anyhow. So if Shika gets promoted, then that just leaves Chouji as only genin on Team 10 until Ino un-comatoses. And if Shika gets promoted, well, that wouldn't keep him from being assigned to their team. But that would leave Chouji in the air, so I'm thinking it's less likely. No idea how Kabuto would end up on their team post-exam unless his canon changed in the story.

Shino or Kiba might work, but I doubt either one would leave Hinata after the events in the FoD. Sai has been repeatedly stated to be out of the picture for some time.

With it being a boy, things get narrowed down selection-wise - though maybe it's Kankuro? :panic:

--

I think my favorite scene of that chapter was Sakura strolling through the obstacle course and still coming in 15 seconds under the max allowed time while Sasuke's gaping at her abilities.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 4th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Man, the speculation would have him in stitches. You guys are beating around it, even speculated on him, and no, it's not Kabuto.

That would be worth some amusement value, though. I can just see Kabuto with them, playing friendly, with Naruto and Sakura looking at him suspiciously the entire time. They would be reluctant to fully trust him, and he'd have to show more of his skill than he had or be considered a weak link. His attempts to avoid suspicion would be good reading.

Bad luck for him. :mrgreen:
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » June 4th, 2009, 11:12 pm

... Gaara? What with the whole "can't get too far from Ino's body" thing. :halo But that'd be more like Gaara&Ino.

Though I guess is could be Neji since we mentioned him once, then completely forgot about him (though where would that leave Lee and Tenten?). And Neji's totally no a laid back guy.

I'm thinking it'll be Chouji or Shikamaru, possibility leaning more towards Chouji while Shika gets Chunin.

OR! Okay, Ino and Gaara are linked for some odd reason, so Gaara gets to stay in Konoha with Ino. So if we keep Gaara and Ino together, then we can put Chouji and Asuma with them to keep genin Team 10. Shika could then be put with Naruto and Sakura (regardless if he gets promoted or not). And that would add a strategic thinker to the Naruto/Sakura duo.

--

Quite clearly Sarutobi's gonna bust Tsunade to genin and stick her on the team under Kakashi. :leaving:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » June 5th, 2009, 2:23 pm

*eye twitch* *shudder* I would not want to be within sixty miles of Konoha if he did that.
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby serbii » June 5th, 2009, 10:55 pm

*Snort*

Wild mass guessing
serbii

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 7th, 2009, 1:19 am

Quite clearly Sarutobi's gonna bust Tsunade to genin and stick her on the team under Kakashi. :leaving:
:rofl

Man, I would pity Kakashi for having to put up with that team.

Either that, or start :cheers: and watch the floor show.

I can definitively say it's not Neji, tho.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » June 7th, 2009, 3:19 am

I'll just be happy if I get an omake based on that in the next chapter. Or even a mention (or quote!).

On the sannin track, it could always end up being Jiraiya. That guy is definitely laid back. And it could be explained as the team going with him to get Tsunade. :halo
Spoiler: show
"WHAT do you mean, Genin?!"

"Your required Jounin compentency check was to be done 8 years ago. So you are demoted to Chunin. Then there's the assault on fellow Leaf ninja while they were trying to retrieve you on my orders. That got you another demotion. So be sure to show up on time for the team meeting tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll start with getting you back up to standards and over that phobia."

"Sensei... :evil: "

"Oh, and do remember that, as a genin, you are no longer allowed to leave the village at whim without authorization. I doubt your team will let you drink either, though I'm sure it'll be amusing to watch if they make you go through the Advanced Obstacle Course to see if you're at least still above the level of a standard freshly graduated military ninja."

"*twitch*"

*minutes later*

"Hokage-sama, could we get back the Uchiha? He would work better than her at this point."
Phht

Unread postby serbii » June 7th, 2009, 3:29 am

"Hokage-sama the genin Obstacle course is... gone"
"Gone, how can it be gone?"
"Looks like someone dropped an incredibly large summon on it Hokage-sama"
serbii

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 7th, 2009, 7:32 pm

"Hokage-sama, when can we get summon contracts?"

Sarutobi twitched when he heard Naruto ask that question, let alone using the formal tone, meaning the boy was completely serious in a way that meant trouble. A quick look to Sakura showed that she was nodding in agreement. He glanced a Kakashi, who was looking a bit disheveled and motioned for him to explain why Naruto was asking, and politely.

Kakashi twitched and began to explain.

Sarutobi sighed as he realized that maybe putting Tsunade with this team was not the best idea.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Nebula1701 » June 12th, 2009, 6:27 pm

The Will Born in Fire was just updated... *reading it now*
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 12th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Good chapter, and the interaction betweek Naruto and Killer Bee was certainly believable. The cliffhanger at the ends was... not as much of a surprise, considering that he sometimes likes to play the Evil Authorlord bit himself.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Be a bit of a twist if Naruto ends up taking the fall, because Hinata needs to unleash a bit of repressed rage at the Kumo nin. And it would also clear the way for some sidelines Naruto/Killer Bee interaction. And possible maiming of any Kumo genin stupid enough to hurt Hinata more than is called for in the course of the exams.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » June 12th, 2009, 8:45 pm

*facepalm* Naruto, you could've picked a less... final offer to make, given that you never know what might pop up during an exam. Or if nothing else, something more concrete than "any hint" of using 9T chakra. Though there will hopefully not be an issue since the 12 genin involved are Cloud and Leaf ones only. But there's still a chance that someone could replace a genin in an attempt to kill him. OTOH, Mr Mr is in the area, so should be able to step in should... Oh dear god. What if the ref IS Mr Mr? :leaving:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Nebula1701 » June 12th, 2009, 10:16 pm

ahh evil thought....
Nebula1701

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Give.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » June 19th, 2009, 9:26 pm

New chapter of Naruto: Captured is up. It's the build up to the big Chunin Exam invasion. And we get a bit of a peek at the Legions Naruto and Sakura were threatened with during the Root Arc.

--

I was kinda hoping we'd get some sort of closure on the Ino/Gaara plot thread this chapter, but no dice. The earliest we might get that would be 2 chapters from now - and that's only if the invasion is given a single chapter, which I'd find unlikely, unless Gaara + Ino wake under their own power.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 24th, 2009, 12:00 am

New chapter of Lost Ninja is up.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » June 24th, 2009, 1:09 am

Considering all the stories where Sasuke refuses to have anything to do with Sakura because of the chance the kids would have pink hair, I'm unsurprised at what happened in the chapter.
Phht

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 2nd, 2009, 5:20 pm

Captured has been updated... reading now...
Nebula1701

Unread postby Phht » July 2nd, 2009, 9:15 pm

bwahahahaha! :rollin: :rollin:
“Um, I’ll go pass that on to my friends. We’re going to be disappointed huh?” he asked.

“If you turn back you’ll be just disappointed. If you go past me, you’ll be like them.” Kakashi said while idly turning a page in the book.

The breeze shifted slightly just then. The smell of blood hit the Sand jonin as he looked past Kakashi to see three dead Sound ninjas. The bodies had been searched for weapons and equipment that was not taken had been broken. He looked back at Kakashi. “What happened to them?”

Kakashi looked up and smiled once more, “No tickets.”
Also, the Kyuubi Trail is an awesome concept, though I'm not too sure about the residual energy thing.
Phht

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 2nd, 2009, 10:08 pm

one awesome chapter alright....

grrr that short segment with the situation on Gaara and Ino just makes me even more curious....
Nebula1701

Unread postby serbii » July 2nd, 2009, 11:30 pm

:biggrin1 the ticket thing made me laugh

I'm going to be annoyed if Sakura does something epic. She's an exhausted genin against 20 ninja. Get-arse-kicked is the only realistic option I see.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » July 3rd, 2009, 12:02 am

Realistically the only epic thing that could happen involving Sakura at the moment is the size of the beatdown she's going to get. Either that or were going to have a number of possibilities involving Oni, Jiriya, or Naruto absorbing the reminent chakra at the last second and pulling a win out of his unconcious ass.
Darkandus

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion