Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 12th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Why aim high and shoot for the stars when there is so much scenery to blow up?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » July 12th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Because stars make a more satisfying explosion when you hit them.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Phht » July 12th, 2014, 5:52 pm

But it might takes years, or decades, or centuries to see the boom from here.
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 13th, 2014, 2:29 am

Better to just aim for neighboring planets then, the boom can be seen even sooner.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » July 14th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Fire Emblem characters yay
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 14th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Lucina AND Robin? Sweet! Robin is one I honestly never expected to see.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 15th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Well, that was fun. Just had a tornado blow through the area, not counting the 60mph winds outside of its' pather. I'm in Maryland, so that wasn't really expected.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » July 15th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Oh, damn... you don't live too far away from me then... I actually live a little ways South of D.C.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby ewuvi » July 15th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Happy birthday!

And is this thirty-year-old someone you know? Otherwise, I would be VERY freaked out... actually, I'd be REALLY freaked out even if I knew the person.
Yeah, he's a very good friend. It was actually very fun. :tastey:

As for living 21 years, there was some doubt as to whether I would make it last fall. So I guess it was something of an accomplishment, haha.
ewuvi

Unread postby RavynousHunter » July 16th, 2014, 7:51 am

Oh, damn... you don't live too far away from me then... I actually live a little ways South of D.C.
You people are far too close to me. I need to move again.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby Farmer_10 » July 16th, 2014, 9:05 am

Happy birthday!

And is this thirty-year-old someone you know? Otherwise, I would be VERY freaked out... actually, I'd be REALLY freaked out even if I knew the person.
Yeah, he's a very good friend. It was actually very fun. :tastey:

As for living 21 years, there was some doubt as to whether I would make it last fall. So I guess it was something of an accomplishment, haha.
:O_O: ....what?
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 16th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I'm relatively near you as well. Maryland Eastern Shore.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby doc.exe » July 16th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Like Farmer, I’m admittedly disturbed, worried and intrigued by this.

But in any case: Happy belated birthday. :cheers:

I really hope, not the last one.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » July 16th, 2014, 11:10 pm

MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 17th, 2014, 3:26 am

It won't help, you can't escape us, we are everywhere. EVERYWHERE... :psychotic:

jgkitarel

Unread postby RavynousHunter » July 17th, 2014, 7:55 am

It won't help, you can't escape us, we are everywhere. EVERYWHERE... :psychotic:
Careful with your words...the only solution, then, would be to kill you. I don't yet have enough carbonite to kill a man quickly.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby Wraith5 » July 17th, 2014, 8:55 am

Careful with your words...the only solution, then, would be to kill you. I don't yet have enough carbonite to kill a man quickly.
Do have a carbonite freezing chamber? If you do, I volunteer to be frozen first!!!!
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 18th, 2014, 7:26 am

*Turns away from the personal Nanoha-class Kill Sat Controls*

I'm sorry, I was busy calibrating this thing's settings. They don't seem to go beyond "Befriend", but I figure putting in the Fate Array to temper the thing's stubbornness will upgrade it, I think. I do want to avoid putting in the Hayate Targeting System, I like having a planet to stand on. Now, what were you intimating about carbonite?

jgkitarel

Unread postby RavynousHunter » July 18th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Do have a carbonite freezing chamber? If you do, I volunteer to be frozen first!!!!
Carbonite chamber? That's horridly inefficient. No no no, my carbonite is nanites that carbonize their targets on impact, not only killing them, but making their remains easily destroyed, since they become as brittle and soft as chalk.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby Wraith5 » July 18th, 2014, 6:18 pm

... Umm... what universe's carbonite are you using...?
Wraith5

Unread postby Phht » July 18th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Clearly they're Carbonizing Nanites, referred to as carbonite for short. ;)
Phht

Unread postby Wraith5 » July 18th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Ah. I thought he was referring to 'carbonite,' as in 'carbon-freezing,' the process used in Star Wars to preserve Tibanna gas (which is used in blasters, heating systems, and hyperdrive coolant) for long-distance travel.
Wraith5

Unread postby RavynousHunter » July 19th, 2014, 8:03 am

Ah. I thought he was referring to 'carbonite,' as in 'carbon-freezing,' the process used in Star Wars to preserve Tibanna gas (which is used in blasters, heating systems, and hyperdrive coolant) for long-distance travel.
Nah, if at all possible, I try to not reference Star Wars. Not because I dislike it, just because the folks I've been around did it way, WAY too damned much, lol.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 22nd, 2014, 1:29 am

Nah, if at all possible, I try to not reference Star Wars. Not because I dislike it, just because the folks I've been around did it way, WAY too damned much, lol.
That and there's plenty of other sci-fi series to pick from and steal ideas from. *Enters the Forum Storage Sector, looking into the armory as it was passed*

Hmm, looks like someone managed to develop those gravitationally lensed Gamma Ray lasers and is now working on fitting them onto a missile system, interesting. Anyway, got the kill sat configured. I had to add in the Hayate Targeting Matrix after all. On the other hand, it now has several settings: Befriend, Blast Calamity and Triple Breaker.

jgkitarel

Unread postby RavynousHunter » July 22nd, 2014, 3:54 pm

If I may be perfectly honest...I stole the carbonizing nanites idea from Dragon Ball: Multiverse, lol.
RavynousHunter

Return to “%s” General Discussion