Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Universe

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Univer

Unread postby MEKristian » October 3rd, 2014, 9:28 am

By being ACTUALLY crazy?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » October 3rd, 2014, 11:35 am

Mmmm… It seems like he watched too much Code Geass and thought Lelouch’s plan of…
Spoiler: show
uniting the world by becoming the biggest despot in history and focusing all the hatred on himself was really rad. But he is one of those fans who thinks the part about Lelouch having his own assassination arranged at the hands of his best friend turned folk hero was really lame. “No, I rather should kill my best friend the folk hero” he said.
Also, apparently he got that using his mindraping eye powers on the girl that painfully confessed/reiterated her love for him despite everything he made her suffer was really cool.

Moral of the history: Don’t let Sasuke watch anime.

On second thought, considering Madara, Obito and Itachi himself, don’t let any Uchiha in the presence of any piece of pop culture, any kind of literature, any form of historical text, document or recollection, or let them hear any kind of storytelling be it fictional, mythological or historical. They will just miss the point completely and reach the worse possible conclusions.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 5th, 2014, 1:56 pm

So, that means we would have to seal off all of their senses so that no forms of communication are allowed, which would drive them batshit insane anyway. Hmm, screwed if we do, screwed if we don't. Although, if you can, do it in a way that directs them somewhere else, like at our enemies...
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » October 6th, 2014, 11:51 am

Err… I was thinking of something a bit less drastic, like secluding them in their own “old fashioned” community devoid of electronics, books, etc. thousands of miles away from civilization.

That or inventing the Ninja World equivalent of antipsychotic medications.

----

And on a different matter, we are (thank god!) officially on the last stretch, the manga is ending on November 10:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... eks/.79600

http://kotaku.com/the-naruto-manga-ends ... 1642809700

It’s odd because that means we are only 5 or so chapters away from the ending, and assuming the last chapter is an epilogue of sorts, that means this battle is only going to last 4 chapters. Very short considering all the other climatic fights in part II lasted around 10 chapters or more, not to mention the fact that the author has been building up to it for years. But at this point I can’t really say I care, I just hope it is at least decent from a “Choreography” point of view.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Ristridin » October 6th, 2014, 10:42 pm

It’s odd because that means we are only 5 or so chapters away from the ending, and assuming the last chapter is an epilogue of sorts, that means this battle is only going to last 4 chapters. Very short considering all the other climatic fights in part II lasted around 10 chapters or more, not to mention the fact that the author has been building up to it for years. But at this point I can’t really say I care, I just hope it is at least decent from a “Choreography” point of view.
Well of course it's going to be fast. We already know Sasuke's tragic past, so there's no need for chapters of flashbacks.
Ok, I can't say that with a straight face.

Still, it already seems pretty obvious it's going to end with a Rasengan vs Chidori attack rather than, say, Sasuke using genjutsu to end the battle in a second (you know, the way to take care of minor characters like Sakura). So they can probably get to that point fairly quickly.

I'm just hoping this won't end in a mutual kill as Naruto predicted last time they faced off. No, the cycle of hatred needs to die with Sasuke, not with both Sasuke and Naruto. Or with neither.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 6th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Well... hate to burst your bubble... But there's a movie set a few years after the manga already in the works...
... And apparently both Naruto and Sasuke are in it. So they obviously both survive.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » October 6th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Well... hate to burst your bubble... But there's a movie set a few years after the manga already in the works...
... And apparently both Naruto and Sasuke are in it. So they obviously both survive.
Question is, is Kishimoto involved with that?
I'm okay with neither of them dieing though.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby doc.exe » October 7th, 2014, 1:36 am

I think he wrote the general scenario of the movie and he is also providing the character designs.
Of course even if both survive, it’s still in the air whether or not Naruto convinced Sasuke of burying the hatchet and whether or not Sasuke actually returns to Konoha.
But honestly, that movie concerns me, particularly because they announced it as the beginning of the “New Era Opening Project”, a media project supposedly aiming to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the manga, but also stating something along the lines of it “transcending the original work”.

It just implies that my worst fears are becoming true: That after Kishimoto finishes the manga, JUMP is going to continue milking the franchise with a “Naruto GT” or something along those lines. And given that the story is pretty much completed at this point, that the main characters have become so powerful that finding a new enemy or conflict for them seems very difficult, as well as the highly inconsistent quality of the anime fillers… Well, I just don’t find the idea appealing at all.
Still, it already seems pretty obvious it's going to end with a Rasengan vs Chidori attack rather than, say, Sasuke using genjutsu to end the battle in a second (you know, the way to take care of minor characters like Sakura). So they can probably get to that point fairly quickly.
Yeah, it’s definitely going to end with another Rasengan vs. Chidori clash.

Although part of why I find it odd to end it in such a short time is that, after all these years of building up to this fight, you would think the author would indulge on it and present a battle of massive proportions where Naruto and Sasuke unleash all their techniques and abilities against each other. But in only 4 or 5 chapters, I have some doubts that we will actually see something like that.

doc.exe

Unread postby PencilMonkey » October 8th, 2014, 12:04 pm

It just implies that my worst fears are becoming true: That after Kishimoto finishes the manga, JUMP is going to continue milking the franchise with a “Naruto GT” or something along those lines.
The franchise is already being milked for all it's worth; they've run a Chibi Naruto SD comedy manga called Rock Lee And His Ninja Pals, with Lee as the main character, which got its own anime adaptation, and there's plan in the works for a similar series focused on (you guessed it) SasukEmo Uchiha. Naruto will no doubt keep getting new spin-offs as long as there are people who'll buy 'em, much like the Dragonball franchise carried on after the official canon series ended.

Actually, the Rock Lee manga was quite entertaining, so just because they're milking the cash cow, they might still put out quality products. (Hopefully,)
If you're looking for fan drawings of Harry Potter, Naruto, and plenty more besides, come check out:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Unread postby doc.exe » October 9th, 2014, 11:32 am

On the latest chapter: That escalated more quickly than I expected. From a couple of standard attacks to the giant super modes to the Rasengan vs. Chidori clash in said super modes. Visually speaking, at least is not boring, although I don’t really care about them having another sappy conversation now.
The franchise is already being milked for all it's worth; they've run a Chibi Naruto SD comedy manga called Rock Lee And His Ninja Pals, with Lee as the main character, which got its own anime adaptation, and there's plan in the works for a similar series focused on (you guessed it) SasukEmo Uchiha. Naruto will no doubt keep getting new spin-offs as long as there are people who'll buy 'em, much like the Dragonball franchise carried on after the official canon series ended.

Actually, the Rock Lee manga was quite entertaining, so just because they're milking the cash cow, they might still put out quality products. (Hopefully,)
That is a very good point, really, and I do like the Rock Lee spin-off. In that sense, I probably wouldn’t mind seeing a few other spin-offs, side stories or even a prequel based on other characters of the manga (not one about Sasuke though ¬_¬).

And I wouldn’t mind it if the new movie is a grand finale or epilogue of sorts that allows us to see what the characters are doing a few years after the 4th Ninja War. The specific thing that worries me is the possibility of a Dragon Ball GT scenario: They using it as a springboard for a new anime that continues the story after the mangaka ends it, but doing a very clumsy job as a sequel. It’s especially irking to me because the primary conflict that defines the entire plot of Naruto is just about to be resolved.

doc.exe

Unread postby PencilMonkey » October 10th, 2014, 6:44 am

On the latest chapter: That escalated more quickly than I expected. From a couple of standard attacks to the giant super modes to the Rasengan vs. Chidori clash in said super modes.
Kishimoto's holding the fast-forward button on the remote control pressed all the way down to the plastic bottom.
Visually speaking, at least is not boring, although I don’t really care about them having another sappy conversation now.
Are you kidding? ;-) Naruto pretty much always follows the same jutsu escalation pattern:
  • If you're fighting a pervert, use Sexy no Jutsu.
  • If that fails, use a bazillion Kage Bunshin.
  • If that doesn't work, gank 'em with a Rasengan.
  • If all else fails, finish the job with Therapy no Jutsu.
That is a very good point, really, and I do like the Rock Lee spin-off. In that sense, I probably wouldn’t mind seeing a few other spin-offs, side stories or even a prequel based on other characters of the manga (not one about Sasuke though ¬_¬).
Fffffork yeah! There are sooo many cool characters in the manga that never got any screen time, even though they deserve it far more than the boring, one-dimensional, truculent dunderheads who got way too much.
*Cough* Sasuke *Cough*
What about a real chibi-Naruto series about the youngest ninjas in Konoha, e.g. Hanabi Hyuuga, the Konohamaru gang etc.? Or a series about the much-underappreciated Team 8? Or maybe a series focused on all the kunoichi that were treated as either irritating shrews or disposable love interests in the main series. Heck, considering the number of female Naruto readers out there, they might even be able to garner more interest in that than in the main series.
And I wouldn’t mind it if the new movie is a grand finale or epilogue of sorts that allows us to see what the characters are doing a few years after the 4th Ninja War. The specific thing that worries me is the possibility of a Dragon Ball GT scenario: They using it as a springboard for a new anime that continues the story after the mangaka ends it, but doing a very clumsy job as a sequel. It’s especially irking to me because the primary conflict that defines the entire plot of Naruto is just about to be resolved.
Welp, according to AnimeNewsNetwork, we can all look forward to another couple decades worth of sequels:
This year's 46th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that a stage play adaptation of Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto manga has been green-lit. The production will open next March at the AiiA Theater Tokyo.
The play is part of the ongoing Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) that continues after the ending of the original manga next month.
:O_O:
If you're looking for fan drawings of Harry Potter, Naruto, and plenty more besides, come check out:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Unread postby doc.exe » October 10th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Let’s just say that in these remaining chapters I would prefer to see more of the 2nd and 3rd steps of the formula and less of the 4th step, even if I know the 4th step is inevitable.
This year's 46th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that a stage play adaptation of Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto manga has been green-lit. The production will open next March at the AiiA Theater Tokyo.
The play is part of the ongoing Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) that continues after the ending of the original manga next month.
:wut:

Well, as long as they don't make a musical...

doc.exe

Unread postby Phht » October 10th, 2014, 5:23 pm

If it's good enough for Sailor Moon, it's good enough for Naruto! ;-)
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » October 10th, 2014, 5:38 pm

If it's good enough for Sailor Moon, it's good enough for Naruto! ;-)
Bleach has already done it, after all.
MEKristian

Unread postby PencilMonkey » October 13th, 2014, 4:32 am

Just remember: Kakashi is not David Bowie. :bouaaaaah:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Unread postby doc.exe » October 18th, 2014, 12:07 pm

On the latest chapter: Thankfully, there was not much sappy dialogue, just a brief interlude with Sasuke actually making a good point about the state of the Ninja Alliance yet still falling into typical “Uchiha extremist insanity” ® (is that or he is still playing the disgruntled fanboy about the Zero Requiem), and Naruto trying to reason with him while pointing out the obvious flaws in his plan.

Then more DBZ impressions with giant super modes. It seems both have finally reached their final stages as reincarnations of Ashura and Indra. Say whatever you want about the plot, but at least the fight is not boring. I hope the anime team actually receives some budget for this when they finally reach it.

doc.exe

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 23rd, 2014, 4:56 pm

Okay, that was a fun chapter. Loved how by the end the two had devolved to just kinda... tapping each other, trying to gather enough strength and momentum for a straight up punch but not being able to.

Though gosh darnit, I thought we were done with the BS powers at this point. Though I guess it kinda works. It is a confirmed power...

My bet? Sakura pops out of left field and punches Sasuke's lights out.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MEKristian » October 23rd, 2014, 5:28 pm

Okay, that was a fun chapter. Loved how by the end the two had devolved to just kinda... tapping each other, trying to gather enough strength and momentum for a straight up punch but not being able to.
Gave me Flashbacks of Scryed and MGS4, honestly, but with less NANOMACHINES son and less... whatever the heck was up with Scryed at any give time.
MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » October 23rd, 2014, 7:49 pm

The battle was spectacular, although it bothers me somewhat how the implication is that they kept fighting for so many hours despite pretty much burning most of their chakra with the super mode clash. On the other hand, I suppose that makes the final few pages and the implied war of attrition so powerful.

As to the final page, I suppose Naruto will tank, evade or come with his own “out of left field” counter to the chidori.

As odd as it might sound, I just hope Sasuke will not have a sudden change of heart in the middle of the attack. The past few chapters seem to imply at times that he might not truly believe in his own bs, but the way I see it, it would be better if he is finally defeated and humbled by his rival before we go with the mandatory therapy no jutsu.

doc.exe

Unread postby Phht » October 23rd, 2014, 10:17 pm

There is some justice in the final battle coming down to punching each other in the face, given how the various fights of the post-time skip period tend to be flashy jutsu to finish things.

But I can't help but want to call bullshit on Sasuke absorbing biju chakra without any damage. Also, I keep seeing kyuubi refer to his "natural chakra", which - combined which his motionless meditating - makes me think nature chakra. And we all saw what happened when one of Pein's paths absorbed that shit.

I'll put money down on Sakura diving in and taking the Chidori shot herself. She appears to still have her diamond, so she might have the chakra needed to use the regen technique. Or she'll heroically sacrifice her life by taking the hit, buying Naruto time to get his wind back and defeat Sasuke.
Phht

Unread postby doc.exe » October 24th, 2014, 11:34 am

There is some precedent for that: During their rematch, Nagato used the Rin’negan Petra Path to absorb the bijuu chakra from Naruto and Bee, and that not only didn’t harm him but actually healed him from his emaciated state.

The troubling part is that it indeed looks like Kurama has been gathering natural energy, and as far as we know Sasuke doesn’t have anything resembling a “Hashirama’s face implant” to contain the energy like Madara. Of course, the standard MO of the Uchiha at this point is to bs their way out of things.

doc.exe

Unread postby Phht » October 25th, 2014, 4:02 am

Perhaps there will be a reveal (in story? out of story?) that Rinnegan, like Mangekyo Sharingan, have individual abilities/variations unique to a pool of users. So Sasuke's Rinnegan can absorb non-human chakra while Pein's can absorb human chakra.
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » October 30th, 2014, 12:23 am

Well, that final scene can probably have a million jokes made about it... also no Sakura, just SHORYUKEN.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » October 30th, 2014, 3:52 am

That scene will have yaoi shippers going "see! see!" for decades.
Phht

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 30th, 2014, 11:37 am

Heh. Arms.

... Waiiiitt. Naruto has both hands in "The Last," according to all the artworkand stuff.

Speaking of, two things point towards a NaruHina ending for me. First, apparently the tagline for The Last is "The final story is a first love." Also... the Soundtrack CD cover.

So... yeah. There's that.

I'm kinda disappointed that they went from "barely love tapping each other" to "ULTIMATE MEGA JUTSU BOOOMMMMM" so abruptly.

Also annoyed that we had that huge infodump from Sasuke all at once. Really? We couldn't fit that in... I don't know, earlier?

Ah well. One chapter left, right? We're almost there. We're allllllmmoooooossssst there.
JamestheFox

Return to “%s” General Discussion