Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 17th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Fallout 4 is definitely the top of the list for me from this year. So much going on there, and it all looks freaking awesome.

The Last Guardian making an appearance is high up there too. I love Ico and Shadow, and am really looking forward to this.

The Uncharted 4 demo made me smile the entire damn run. It's just like what I hoped a ps4 Uncharted would look like.

And while it hasn't gotten a ton of attention, Destiny The Taken King has got me excited. Sith Lord mode for Warlocks? Giant Flaming hammer of doom for Titans? Yes please!
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby doc.exe » June 18th, 2015, 12:52 am

Awesome thing that should have been brought up in the Digital Event but wasn't; Platinum Games is helping out with Star Fox Zero.

Thus, they're working on 3 games at once: Transformers: Devisation, Star Fox Zero, and Nier.
Don’t forget they are also doing Scalebound for the Xbox One.

Honestly, I’m kind of worried by them tackling so many projects. Makes me wonder if they had some sort of financial difficulty so they needed to take so many jobs, some of them obviously under contract (like the Transformers game).
Wait wait. Metroid Prime Federation? So Nintendo accepts that Other M tanked so badly that they're going back to the Prime franchise of the brand?
Err… Don’t celebrate just yet. It is a co-op first person shooter with super-deformed graphics where you control some Space Federation dudes rather than Samus. It also has a weird 3 vs 3 mode where you play “exo-suit soccer”. Honestly, my first reaction was that they simply tacked on the brand to some other completely unrelated project, but watching and reading about it some more, it seems to be the sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters that never was.

But it is so different from what everyone was expecting for a new Metroid game that it infuriated a lot of fans. They even started a petition to get it cancelled.
The Last Guardian making an appearance is high up there too. I love Ico and Shadow, and am really looking forward to this.
That was the best possible opening for the Sony conference. I think I’m more excited for it than I am for the FFVII remake.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 18th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Well, was running my newly built CPU and ran smack dab into a memory leak issue. Was able to narrow it down to a couple of possible offenders. My drivers, or just as likely, the infamous Google Chrome memory leak issue. Considering that I haven't seen it when not running Chrome, I'm betting on the latter.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » June 18th, 2015, 8:04 pm

... even though I still plan on getting Fire Emblem Fates, they've announced some things that prove they haven't learned from the Criticisms leveled against Awakening AND Tomodachi Life.

Which is even more insane when you look back at the other Fire Emblem games IntSys has made.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » June 18th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Err… Don’t celebrate just yet. It is a co-op first person shooter with super-deformed graphics where you control some Space Federation dudes rather than Samus. It also has a weird 3 vs 3 mode where you play “exo-suit soccer”. Honestly, my first reaction was that they simply tacked on the brand to some other completely unrelated project, but watching and reading about it some more, it seems to be the sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters that never was.

But it is so different from what everyone was expecting for a new Metroid game that it infuriated a lot of fans. They even started a petition to get it cancelled.
To be fair, Halo did ODST, which didn't involve the Master Chief at all. I don't recall hearing a lot of hate over that game. It's also the only Halo game I wanted to (and did) play.

But yeah, the shots I've seen of it look meh.

Now, if we had a Metroid game focused on the Federation special forces people, do it like ODST or Republic Commando. And then drop it on PC first instead of WiiU/3DS. (And then hire me to get that Metroid Zero reboot AU game going....)
Phht

Unread postby doc.exe » June 19th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Honestly, I do think the backlash got to a level of… well, stupidity very quickly (putting aside the issue of Samus not being the protagonist, Metroid has had spin-offs before and one of the most celebrated was a pinball game of all things).

I understand where some of the outrage is coming however: Other M disappointed several people, there has not been a proper Metroid game in five years and people are just starved for another Samus adventure. This odd spin-off was not going to cut it. That being said, while the game itself looks pretty “meh” to me as well, the petition was admittedly uncalled for.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 19th, 2015, 2:43 pm

It's just another example as to why the fandom can't have nice things. Still, when it comes to fans, there is no such thing as too much stupid, because if you think there is such a thing, a fandom will often prove you wrong.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 24th, 2015, 1:24 am

Well, while my grades for the spring semester aren't official yet, took a loot at the raw scores. Lost the 4.0 and dropped to a 3.88 from the looks of things, though I will need to wait for the official scores to come about. Got two B's this semester, rather than the one I thought I would get.

Meh, still on the Dean's list.

Note to self: Don't spend so much time on Steam or playing Guild Wars 2 for the summer semester. Also, make sure a paper is turned in, even when you have the file showing you wrote it (reason for the second B).

jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » July 2nd, 2015, 6:19 pm

Behind the scenes of the Nintendo E3 digital event, Miyamoto hangs out at Jim Henson studios.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » July 12th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata died July 11.
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » July 12th, 2015, 8:55 pm

What this man did for gaming.
MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » July 13th, 2015, 12:44 pm

There is also how when Super Smash Bros. Melee was getting late for the planned GCN launch, he got into the trenches (despite already being at a top managerial position at Nintendo, Manager of Corporate Planning or something like that I believe) to help the development team with the debugging process and get the game completed on time.

His death has saddened me more than I imagined. His career in the videogame industry was awe inspiring: He was a genius programmer who went from a developer at Hal Laboratories, to President of Hal, to top manager at Nintendo to President and CEO of Nintendo. He was still too young, you get the feeling that there was more brilliant things ahead of him and his path just got cut short.

doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » July 13th, 2015, 5:37 pm

MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » August 18th, 2015, 12:00 am

It's been over a month, so I can be allowed to post something again, right?

Exhibit 1 on why more people should watch Symphogear:
This is the voice of Aoi Yuuki, who most might know as playing Madoka Kaname.
MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » September 16th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Well, it seems that Guillermo del Toro just can't catch a break.

And on an additional note: Happy birthday, Mexico! :cheers:

doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » September 19th, 2015, 11:13 am

So, out of nowhere, Project X Zone 2, a team up between Bandai-Namco, Sega, and Capcom just revealed three characters nobody expected.

Because they're Chrom, Lucina, and "Seven". Who are owned by Nintendo.
MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » September 21st, 2015, 1:08 am

It's coming to the 3DS and developed by Monolith Soft (developers of Xenoblade). Monolith is also currently owned by Nintendo.

Mmmm... Seems legit to me.

doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » September 21st, 2015, 1:34 pm

It is legit, Bandai Namco put up a video and everything... I just haven't linked it because Xenoblade spoilers.
MEKristian

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 29th, 2015, 9:52 pm

So, anyone remember that MLP fighting game, Fighting Is Magic? The one that got C&Ded?

Well, with Lauren Faust's aid they've managed to put together a new universe, with new cute four-legged characters to beat the hell out of each other, and a new spiffy title:

THEM'S FIGHTIN' HERDS.

They're doing a crowdfunding campaign over on indiegogo. Go check it out.

They have a pretty diverse cast, here, physically and in personality, though they've more or less ported the movesets from their C&Ded game. And I am a big fan of the story and world they've set up here. Also, the music we've seen is pretty darned good, even if it's not the final version.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MEKristian » October 6th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Running on the same engine, from the original people who made that engine...

Lab Zero presents Indivisible.

Sadly not on Nintendo platforms. Sigh.
MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » October 16th, 2015, 10:55 am

Well, that's... dark looking.
MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » October 21st, 2015, 7:00 pm

So Happy Back to the Future Day everyone!

Kind of a shame we live in the dystopic timeline.

doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » October 31st, 2015, 1:34 pm

MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » November 12th, 2015, 8:52 pm

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you drop a bombshell.
MEKristian

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 13th, 2015, 12:01 pm

I know, right? I can't believe this is happening.

Although, call it bias, but there are Square Enix characters I'd want to see more than Cloud. SoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSoraSora

I mean, this is great, but Cloud really hasn't had much of a presence on Nintendo consoles. He's cameoed in KH:CoM, and... I can't think of anything else. Cloud is very much the poster-boy for Sony's Final Fantasies, and I feel that, say, a classic-era Final Fantasy character would have fit better.

Course, I feel like this also means that there's a pretty good chance Nintendo could get just about anyone if they wanted.

Master Chief for Smash? (Just kidding, please don't, Nintendo.)

Beyond that, there's one big question to ask. If I remember right, they said that the top 3 voted characters would get into Smash. And if they're doing these announcements in any kind of order, it'll be either 1st to 3rd, or 3rd to 1st. So that begs the question: was Cloud 1st Place, or 3rd? And if he was 3rd, who beat him?

Also, Xenoblade X, I need you in my life.

I'm decidedly a bit "meh" about Twilight Princess HD. But I'm sure there are those who are going to be interested. The Wolf Link Midna amiibo is pretty nice.

I might want Pokemon Yellow. Just for the nostalgia. I WILL want Pokken Tournament.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Return to “%s” General Discussion