Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

Unread postby Phht » April 5th, 2016, 2:00 am

Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » April 28th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles, now available on the WiiU's virtual console.

In case you didn't want to get a new 3DS to play that release on.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby doc.exe » May 1st, 2016, 10:57 pm

Well, the joke is on Nintendo, I still have my physical copy in perfect conditions. :meaw:

I also need to finish X in any case. I finished chapter 10, plus several affinity missions and side quests, and have more than 200 hours in the game so far. I still play it at least once a week but RL (and other games) keep getting in the way.

---

On a different matter, Captain America: Civil War premiered early here. Not going to post spoilers, just a few things:

1. This is the best movie Marvel Studios has produced yet and one of the best superhero movies ever made, period.

2. It’s an excellent opening for phase 3 and gets me really hopeful about Infinity War.

3. Spider-man steals the show!

4. Everything Batman v Superman tried (and failed) to do, this movie actually accomplishes it and ten times better at that. Indeed, if you allow me to be a bit crass, I would say this movie punches BvS in the nuts, mops the floor with it, then throws it in the garbage can where it belongs.

So, all of you should really watch it. :yuush:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » May 10th, 2016, 10:15 am

Starters, Legendaries, Region!

I feel my choice has already been made.
MEKristian

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 10th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Not even the best trailer.

My heart.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MEKristian » June 2nd, 2016, 5:41 pm

More pokemon, Mooooore.
MEKristian

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 5th, 2016, 5:30 pm

I love the girl trainer's hat. It's awesome. And Rowlet is best starter.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby MEKristian » June 10th, 2016, 10:27 pm

MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » June 14th, 2016, 12:39 pm

Open your eyes.
MEKristian

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 15th, 2016, 5:45 pm

I love what I've seen so far. My biggest quibble with it is the bit they talked about how they are paring back the ever present overworld music. Which...could be good, could be bad. I mean, the overworld music for each area in many of the games is some of the most easily recognizable music around. It's one of the franchise's "Things". I'm unsure of this particular change.

I watched several hours worth of the game play they were showing, and...I dunno. What they showed doesn't quite feel like a Legend of Zelda game, yet. I'm still excited for what they've shown, but I guess we will see how it fits in.
gamebrain89

Unread postby doc.exe » June 17th, 2016, 3:45 am

Loved it. Truly loved it. The videos and impressions I have seen are making waiting for its release (and the NX version :roll: ) intolerable.

Quoting something I mentioned at other place, it might actually provide something that I have dreamed of since Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask hinted at it back in the N64 era, but that hadn’t really been possible until now due to technical limitations: A 3D Zelda game with a vast, expansive, living world that is fully interactive. It might sound silly, but I actually cheered up when I saw Link cutting down a tree to create a makeshift bridge in that trailer. That kind of interaction with the game’s world is what I have always wanted, not only from a Zelda game, but from several other Open World games.

The interesting thing is that none of the mechanics shown so far are exactly new: They come from either prior Zelda games (the stamina meter from Skyward Sword, stealing the enemies’ weapons from Wind Waker, etc.) or from several other Open World, RPG and Survival games (climbing structures, hunting for food, cooking, taming horses, weapons and equipment that wear down and break the more you use them, etc., etc.). Yet it seems they not only managed to integrate them into the Zelda formula, but also have them coalesce into a logical whole. The result might be one of the better realized virtual worlds I have seen in a videogame.

One thing that miffed me, however, was the subtitle: “Breath of the Wild” just doesn’t have the same ring to it as “Skyward Sword”, “Twilight Princess” or “Wind Waker”.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » June 17th, 2016, 10:21 am

Well, the term "Naked Pyromaniac Speedrun" is already becoming a thing within the fandom...
MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 18th, 2016, 9:56 am

Personally I'm more excited about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's looking like a game that will deliver everything Farcry Primal promised, on top of an epic storyline.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby doc.exe » June 20th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Well, the term "Naked Pyromaniac Speedrun" is already becoming a thing within the fandom...
It was pretty much inevitable the moment they showed you could play with shirtless Link and set things on fire. :-)
Personally I'm more excited about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's looking like a game that will deliver everything Farcry Primal promised, on top of an epic storyline.
You know, that one was actually my favorite game at the Sony’s press conference. It was the highlight of the show for me before they unveiled the new Zelda.

I’m pretty irked by the whole “mid-generation upgrade” thing with the PS4 NEO (or whatever it will be called), so much that I started to consider whether or not to buy a proper gaming PC instead of a PS4, yet Horizon (and a couple of other Sony’s exclusives, like Bloodborne, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 4) make good counterarguments to that option as well.

doc.exe

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 21st, 2016, 6:45 am

I've got a PS4 for one reason, and one reason alone: Kingdom Hearts 3. I've waited an eon for this finale, and I expect it to be delivered! KH 2.8 looks wonderful to me, and will sate my appetite for a little longer.

Everything else I can get on it is just... you know, icing on the cake.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 5th, 2016, 5:43 pm

I'm the same as James. I bought the system for Kingdom Hearts 3. But then, I did the same for the PS3, so who knows. At least I've gotten some excellent games out of it. I've lost more time to stuff like Destiny and FFXIV than I have on any game in ages.
gamebrain89

Unread postby MEKristian » July 21st, 2016, 12:24 am

MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 21st, 2016, 1:02 pm

Can I get some context here? I have no idea who the kid is.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MEKristian » July 21st, 2016, 1:14 pm

That would be Midoriya Izuku, the protagonist of Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia, a new-ish manga running in JUMP that started around the time Naruto ended.

It got an anime in Spring 2016's season that ran for 13 episodes... with the announcement of a second season at the end of episode 13.
MEKristian

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 8th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Well, I finally received my first bank scam message through Skype! I'm actually surprised it took this long for any of these people to find my account, really. I mean, I've gotten less than 10 spam contact requests...
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MEKristian » October 20th, 2016, 10:11 am

Switch it up.
MEKristian

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 22nd, 2016, 9:00 am

I don't know what I was expecting Nintendo to come up with for their next console, but this was not it.

And I'm happy for that.

Also, kinda-portable Skyrim. Do you think it'll have mods?

That, and a new Mario game, and a new Mario Kart (or at least a very big expansion thing for 8, based on the new character and the second item slot on the 8-era track.). And Zelda of course. I'm so digging it.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MEKristian » October 22nd, 2016, 11:41 am

MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 23rd, 2016, 10:35 am

I'm hype. Might actually use my next tax return on it depending on the games that release with it.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 4th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Hmm... Does anyone know if there's a browser extension that mutes ONLY ads?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Return to “%s” General Discussion