Marvel Comics going anime!

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Marvel Comics going anime!

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 11th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Marvel Comics is going anime! Yup that's right....

They are working with "Madhouse Anime Studio" to release multiple anime series featuring their famous characters.
The first one in the line up will feature Wolverine and Ironman in twelve, 30 min eps.
Last edited by Nebula1701 on July 11th, 2009, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula1701

Yahoo Messenger: nebula1701@gmail.com
AOL: nebula1701

Re: Marvel Comics going anime!

Unread postby Kirai » July 11th, 2009, 2:46 pm

You know I can't see that ending well...
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » July 11th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Hmm, has potential. I'll be keeping an eye on developments.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby MorphCross » July 11th, 2009, 3:53 pm

I withhold judgement till I see some trailers. There are so many ways it can be done badly, and so many ways it can be done well. I'm hoping for the latter.
MorphCross

Unread postby Dervon » July 11th, 2009, 5:26 pm

KONICHIWA, XAVIAR-SENSEI! WHAT GREAT DEEDS HAVE YOU PERFORMED ON THIS KAWAII DAY!^___^

:lol: To be honest, I also reserve my enthusiasm til more info surfaces.
Dervon

Unread postby doc.exe » July 11th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Err... Hasn't Marvel already tried something similar with the Mangaverse line-up? Admitedly, I never read those books, but from what I read on reviews, they weren't good neither pretty.

Hopefully, that won't be the case here. The fact that they are working with Madhouse brings me some hope, but I prefer to remain skepticall until there are some trailers out there.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Darkandus » July 11th, 2009, 7:14 pm

KONICHIWA, XAVIAR-SENSEI! WHAT GREAT DEEDS HAVE YOU PERFORMED ON THIS KAWAII DAY!^___^
Darkandus

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 11th, 2009, 7:35 pm

hmm this image has been floating around the various news sites that reported it....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nebula1701

Unread postby Dervon » July 11th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Your tears of despair, the fuel my eternal trolldom! :D

Actually, I´ve already read a Wolverine comic done in Manga style, by a mangaka. It was pretty meh. Wolverine gets warped into an alternate-reality/future, kicks ass, returns.

Really, it just felt like an excuse to stick him in your average manga-plot, to be honest.
Dervon

Unread postby ewuvi » July 11th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Ah, but The Angst of Tony Stark can only truly be communicated through the medium of Shoujo Manga!

I'm holding out judgment too.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » July 12th, 2009, 12:31 pm

I saw a spider man manga in a Japanese used book shop once. It was a little weird.
Wittgen

Unread postby doc.exe » July 13th, 2009, 12:30 am

IIRC, Marvel not only licensed Spiderman for an original manga produced in Japan. They even licensed a Tokusatsu show based on the character. I once watched a clip of it on You tube. It was essentially Spiderman combined with Kamen Rider combined with the Power Rangers. Very weird. :?
Actually, I´ve already read a Wolverine comic done in Manga style, by a mangaka. It was pretty meh. Wolverine gets warped into an alternate-reality/future, kicks ass, returns.

Really, it just felt like an excuse to stick him in your average manga-plot, to be honest.
From what I read on reviews, that seems to have been the problem with the Mangaverse line. It seems it was just an excuse to put Marvel characters in your average manga plot with a lot of manga cliches (Spiderman was a ninja seeking revenge for the death of his sensei, The Hulk was Godzilla, etc.) Obviously, the end result was not pleasing to both manga fans and Marvel fans.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby AntiNaba » July 13th, 2009, 3:40 am

I must not mention Demashita! I must not mention Demashita! I must not mention Demashita!
AntiNaba

Unread postby ashez2ashes » July 26th, 2009, 10:20 pm

I hope they do one as a reverse herim show shounen-ai-ish show, just so I can see the comic forums explode in nerd rage. :rofl
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Darkandus » July 27th, 2009, 12:27 am

I recently heard they were going to do a Wolverine Anime.

Trust me when I say I'm doing you a favour by not telling you anything about the plot. Your sanity is safer that way.
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 27th, 2009, 1:09 am

We gave up sanity rights when we registered. Endanger away.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » July 27th, 2009, 2:48 am

The trailers seem to be out. I was actually kind of impressed. The quality is quite high, though at times it felt like they were just trying to be "anime style." But seriously, I Paprika was incredible, so it should be interesting to see what the studio that made that will do with marvel characters.
Wittgen

Unread postby Random_fan » July 27th, 2009, 3:02 am

Question, will any of these stories feature Deadpool? If so I will have to get my hands on it/them if not this news is kinda meh.
Random_fan

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 27th, 2009, 10:14 am

here is the Iron Man trailer if anyone is curious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ
Nebula1701

Unread postby Dervon » July 27th, 2009, 11:44 am

here is the Iron Man trailer if anyone is curious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ
Interesting style, to me it kinda looks like a blend between anime and western animation. I am liking the fluid, no-stops action (choppy combat is something I really dislike in anime, and in general), and the villain´s design. Evil-Ironmen being fired from a missile-launcher? Sweet.

Huh... I am now cautiously optimistic.

No, make that slightly enthusiastic.

No no, make that, quite impressed, and very looking forwards to it! :D

HAHAHAHAHA, WEEABOO WOLVERINE, THIS MADE MY DAY! :lol:

Yeah, the Wolverine trailer leaned far more on the anime-side of the aesthetic scale, at least it seemed so to me. I´m likening the Iron Man trailer far far more, right now.

Particularly since I´m getting a slight Millennium vibe coming from the villeins in the IM trailer (a huge selling point for me, and no, I am not a member of the fascist party :D), where as the W baddies are just a standard japanesque mix: ninja, oni and then giant oni. Meh.
Dervon

Unread postby MorphCross » July 27th, 2009, 1:16 pm

I'm sorry, there is just something fundamentally wrong with a Bishounen Wolverine. If he's going to be animated you might as well take the cues from the original comics and make him a little shorter and a little more ugly.
MorphCross

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 27th, 2009, 2:34 pm

hmm that Wolverine one looks like a "Wolverine meets Devil May Cry" mix.
Nebula1701

Unread postby Darkandus » July 27th, 2009, 2:46 pm

When it comes to Anime Wolverine gather up everything you know about him and throw away everything except "dude has claws" Hell, Logan isn't even his real name. He's just given it by a Japanese girl who's uncle conveniently has a western name. Oh and he's not a mutant, you see there are these demons called Aku...you know what, I'm not going to finish this because I already feel like putting my face through several desks.
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » July 27th, 2009, 2:59 pm

When it comes to Anime Wolverine gather up everything you know about him and throw away everything except "dude has claws" Hell, Logan isn't even his real name. He's just given it by a Japanese girl who's uncle conveniently has a western name. Oh and he's not a mutant, you see there are these demons called Aku...you know what, I'm not going to finish this because I already feel like putting my face through several desks.
HA HA HA, oh wow! :panic:

Is the Ironman one that bad? ´Cause the trailer made it look pretty good.
Dervon

Unread postby Nebula1701 » July 27th, 2009, 3:26 pm

looks like Marvel had more control over the production of the Iron Man anime....
Nebula1701

Return to “%s” General Discussion