The Power of Friendship Podcast

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: The Power of Friendship Podcast

Unread postby ashez2ashes » December 20th, 2009, 11:47 pm

If anyone is interested, this is the order of the upcoming shows that we've already finished.

Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer
Soul Eater
Hook
The Secret of NIMH
Skullduggery Pleasant (the newest book is coming out in April!)
Slayers
Slayers Next

Any suggestions?
ashez2ashes

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » December 21st, 2009, 6:04 pm

Dammit, I STILL need to find the time to listen to these.

Have you seen the new Avatar film? If you ever do, I think you could probably find a lot to say about that. Otherwise...

Um, adaptation of media and how it rarely works?
Disney!
Warner Bros.!
Lord of the Rings!
Harry Potter?
Michael Crichton!

Honestly, I could shout random things all day. If this helps at all, then... wooo?
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby ashez2ashes » December 23rd, 2009, 9:40 pm

The Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer episode is up!

http://www.thepoweroffriendship.net

Mel was having comp problems so I tried to solo this episode. Which means she had to watch the Rainbow Brite movie for no reason. Ha! :animlol:

This movie is seriously cracktastic. Sparkly pink mind control robots, rocket powered robot horses, little girls that can breathe in space... death by rainbow.... :waytogo
Dammit, I STILL need to find the time to listen to these.

Have you seen the new Avatar film? If you ever do, I think you could probably find a lot to say about that. Otherwise...

Um, adaptation of media and how it rarely works?
Disney!
Warner Bros.!
Lord of the Rings!
Harry Potter?
Michael Crichton!

Honestly, I could shout random things all day. If this helps at all, then... wooo?
I haven't seen Avatar. I'm not too excited about it... to be honest I think I'm not mentally giving it a chance because I get annoyed that "the last airbender" isn't part of the title. lol

We tried to do Harry Potter but it didn't come out very well. We're defintily going to do some Disney films from our youth. The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are just begging to be made fun of.
ashez2ashes

Unread postby ashez2ashes » January 6th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Wait. Soul Eater?

I'm in.
The Soul Eater Episode is up, if you're still interested.

http://thepoweroffriendship.libsyn.com/ ... omments=on
ashez2ashes

Unread postby ewuvi » January 6th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Maka's dad is named Death Scythe, but before that he was Spirit. :D

I love Black Star and I was a little bit off put by the amount of time spent on berating him in comparison to the time spent on anything else. But you guys seemed not to have any other idea what to do, so I guess that's okay.

I really do like Soul Eater for its strong female characters though.
ewuvi

Unread postby unknown547 » January 16th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Maka's dad is named Death Scythe, but before that he was Spirit. :D

I love Black Star and I was a little bit off put by the amount of time spent on berating him in comparison to the time spent on anything else. But you guys seemed not to have any other idea what to do, so I guess that's okay.

I really do like Soul Eater for its strong female characters though.
It's not that I was berating him so much, it's more that I was acknowledging his flaws, which are vital to an interesting character. I understand that most of the swordsman fighting he did was simply his job, and he refused to kill the cute little witch, which is great in my books. Black Star is my fav character too, but speaking honestly, his actions often cause a lot of problems for Tsubaki, if not others.

Thanks for telling us the names. I'm terrible with names on the best of days and it had been a decent bit of time between watching Soul Eater and recording the podcast. Thank you so much for listening, and I hope you enjoy our future podcasts!

Melanie
unknown547

Unread postby ashez2ashes » March 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Ok, so I just had an explosion of happiness and wanted to share it with you all...

On a whim, I sent a link to our Skulduggery Pleasant podcastand .....

Derek Landy not only replied but said he listened to it! OMG. :panic:
ashez2ashes

Return to “%s” General Discussion