Throw up the horns!

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Throw up the horns!

Unread postby spudman » November 11th, 2009, 4:23 am

Any really good or just memorable concerts or events you've been to? Good stories? Any kind of show really, despite the title of the topic.

I was inspired to create this topic after seeing Metallica live for the first time earlier this evening. That and I can't gush about it to most people I know right now considering they'd be upset at me calling them this time of night...

Anywho, openers were Volbeat and then Lamb of God. Both of them were pretty good, but Metallica...

:twisted:

It was a blast. My ears STILL have a bit of that stuffy, numb feeling and my voice will probably be shot for at least a day.

But I'm interested in hearing about the live shows you guys and gals have been to.
spudman

Re: Throw up the horns!

Unread postby Random_fan » November 11th, 2009, 5:25 am

I went to a Pink concert last year. I was in the standing area and it was awesome. Apparently her last show was better, which is difficult to imagine.
Random_fan

Unread postby Kage Husha » November 11th, 2009, 9:54 am

I've been to the following concerts:

Opening band's name escapes me, thank GOD/KISS back in the late 70's (the opening band SUCKED)
Everclear/Jethro Tull (Everclear wasn't bad at all)
Michael Jackson in Buffalo and Toronto - free both times - Buffalo was better show only because they had a better big screen than Toronto did at the time.
Prince - good show.

Also been to one WCW event...almost got Hulk Hogan's shirt.
Kage Husha

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 11th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Well, considering I'm a stagehand, getting payed to see shows is more or less my job, and after a while, shows tend to run together, but most recently, we had one stand out. Lynyrd Skynyrd put on an amazing show, even if I was blinded periodically by all the audience abuse. There's also a hilarious story that I can't really tell on here, as it is NSFW or people with unwarped minds. I realize that most people on here don't care about NSFW and are more warped than I, but I don't want to go breaking forum rules.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Greybane » November 11th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Still interested. A PM perhaps?
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 11th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Yeah, I suppose that could work. I'll send one your way now.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby tjchaos » November 11th, 2009, 1:06 pm

One of my funniest was at a Guns N' Roses/Deep Purple/Aerosmith concert in the Meadowlands, NJ I caught a contact high from all the pot being smoked in the stadium and fell asleep for a few of Aerosmith's songs. Also interesting that concert was during Deep Purple's 'Smoke on the Water' song a bunch of fans on the other side of the stadium set a few rows of seats on fire. I also think that the day we were there Guns N' Roses was shooting some video for their 'Paradise City' music video.
tjchaos

Unread postby Dervon » November 11th, 2009, 1:26 pm

I would care to know as well, MrRigger2.

About a year or so ago:

Seedy little basement-pub/club. The bad was some unknown sh!t called "Gothica", essentially Romanian death-metal. Me and Barbarian were standing right next to the huge-ass speakers, and there was enough cigarette smoke in there to be almost London-fog-like. The band was meh at best.

And yet, the whole thing pulled together brilliantly, I'd say. Was loads of fun. :D
Dervon

Unread postby serbii » November 11th, 2009, 8:51 pm

I went to a Pink concert last year. I was in the standing area and it was awesome. Apparently her last show was better, which is difficult to imagine.
I went to both, my Mum's a big fan. Yeah I liked her first one better, more back catalogue stuff and I liked her old albums more than her new ones. She's a very good show woman.

I went to Linkin Park with my brother and had a great time. The whole stadium was standing and singing along the whole time.

I'm going to Kelly Clarkson with a friend next year, bought the tickets this morning. Because screw being cool and alternative! I like pop damn it!
serbii

Unread postby unknown13780 » April 29th, 2010, 10:21 pm

One of my funniest was at a Guns N' Roses/Deep Purple/Aerosmith concert in the Meadowlands, NJ I caught a contact high from all the pot being smoked in the stadium and fell asleep for a few of Aerosmith's songs. Also interesting that concert was during Deep Purple's 'Smoke on the Water' song a bunch of fans on the other side of the stadium set a few rows of seats on fire. I also think that the day we were there Guns N' Roses was shooting some video for their 'Paradise City' music video.
axl was pissed he was getting showered with shoes and sneakers
unknown13780

Unread postby Calinero » May 1st, 2010, 11:56 am

I went to see a Stephen Lynch concert with some friends. Funnies thing I've ever seen in person. I actually laughed until I cried. And the music was good too.
Calinero

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » May 1st, 2010, 9:38 pm

A friend of mine went to the recent Transatlantic concert and thought it absolutely perfect. I wish I could have gone but it was far too far away for me to manage it.
SquirrelyRequiem

Return to “%s” General Discussion