Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 21st, 2014, 2:00 pm

Hello LinkSeason, come on in and join the crazy, just don't feed the Ree, elementals, or the mini-Cuthulu. Last time that happened things got very bad, very quickly.

*Hears a roar in the distance* and that would be someone feeding the Ree to the mini-Cuthulu, I gotta go stop them bye!

*runs off*
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 27th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Welcome, good sir (madam? Your avatar suggests a sir, but...)!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby mialimos » August 8th, 2014, 12:37 am

hi! i am mia from the philippines! :) i am a big fan of harry potter and i came through this forums by google while i am searching about harry potter. anyway, i am a part time web developer and dreamed of becoming a ninja someday.
mialimos

Unread postby HawkSoup » September 15th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Hello, I am Max and from the USA. Right now, I am working in retail part time. I am not really a fanfiction writer. I did used to play one of those HP roleplaying websites before it 'died'. But I do usually enjoy reading HP FF. My favorite ones are the Ginni stories where she is NOT simply a fangirl but either quickly or slowly become a major positive influence for either Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even Neville.. I like the Time travelling stories where they try to change history or even accidentally get sent back in time.

Also I like any stories where Neville is befriended much earlier and get encouraged. And yes, I like the standard Hermione stories too. I like some of the crossover Harry Potter stories. I could have seen my own created Harry Potter at Hogwarts too in my imagination.

I care less for any evil Harry Potter, Ron, or Dumbledore. That is not my cup of tea.

guess I am done. bye
HawkSoup

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 16th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Welcome, mialimos, HawkSoup. Feel free to browse, contribute, or lurk as your heart desires. We don't bite, much.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby ArcticNova » October 27th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Hi, my name is Kevin from the U.S. I have almost no experience writing fictions but greatly enjoy reading them in my spare time.
ArcticNova

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 22nd, 2015, 10:15 pm

Welcome.

Have fun.

Don't feed the Ree.

Don't feed the Mini C'thulhu.

Don't feed the Ree to the Mini C'thulhu.

Don't feed the Mini C'thulhu to the Ree.

And don't mind the occasional running gag necromancy.

*nearby vent cover drops*

Well, IgottagobyehavefunandohgODSHESHEREANDWHEREISTHATSPARESHINJIHELP!!!!!!!
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby catnipQuintessence » September 13th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm Kate or Catnip. I've been silently following NoFP for years, and just reread the entire thing again after the most recent chapter (42) was posted to FF.net, and decided to finally register over here because I have something I really want to bring up. Time-travel Potterverse stories are something of an Achilles' Heel for me, but I'm also kind of picky about them, and this one and the Alwaysverse are my enduring favorites :) I love that "being a more considerate friend to people you already care about" trope, and who doesn't love some causality jokes/paranoia.

What else? I'm a tech writer most of the time, I like writing fanfic and playing video games otherwise, and I love cats and I love Ginny. (*Looking around* Did I hear someone mention Harry Dresden?)

Nice to meet everyone!
catnipQuintessence

Unread postby MEKristian » September 14th, 2015, 12:49 am

oh no the homestuck its happening help please

Welcome to the place, though odds are we won't be moving in the same general areas much.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby RagnorakTres » September 18th, 2015, 2:30 am

Salutations, call me Rag.

I'm your bog-standard, 90s-release geek. I love tech, I love games, I love fiction. Currently, I slog through food service to feed my terrible spending habits and try to scrape enough together to go back to college and/or finally move out.

I like weapons and the martial arts, though I've never received any formal instruction. Music is probably the thing I'm most passionate about, overall. I love everything from Wagner's epic operas to Dragonforce's hard-driving riffs to Parov Stelar's electro-swing. If it's music, I'll give it a listen. I was taught piano for 7 years, but I'm probably pretty rusty, it's been almost that long since I sat down at a non-QWERTY keyboard.

Reading and writing have always been things I was interested in, even if I'm pretty bad at the latter...more on the order of punctuality than anything else, I hate deadlines with a passion bordering on the obsessive. When I was 4, my brother read me The Hobbit; at 5, he handed me the Silmarillion. Fantasy has been my drug of choice ever since, with sci-fi coming in a close second. In different ways, both Tolkien and Heinlein have had (possibly an unhealthy) impact on both my internal logic and belief systems.

Tabletop RPGs are a thing I think I would like if I could find a good group. My friends are mostly borderline sociopaths when given the opportunity to play D&D, and while I love them all to death, murderhobos get boring in fairly short order. I'm hugely excited about the Schlock Mercenary RPG that has been successfully Kickstarted, since it looks to strike a nice balance between story-driven and combat-driven systems, and the universe it's built in means I can work with my friends to turn murderhobo into a viable campaign. Or possibly just set the Longshoreman of the Apocalypse loose on them. Options!
Like XCOM, but finding vanilla too easy or too short? Try XCOM: Long War for a whole new experience.
XCOM: War Within 101: Bounding is not a suggestion. Neither is cover. You will make mistakes, and these mistakes will cost you men; this is a war, and war is hell.

Maxim 6: If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
Maxim 47: Don't expect the enemy to cooperate in the creation of your dream engagement.
RagnorakTres

Unread postby EmoteControl » October 12th, 2015, 10:37 am

I'm Emote Control, and I have a Terminator fanfic up on spacebattles. Other than that, I love the AuthorLord's fiction.
EmoteControl

Unread postby 36T » January 19th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Hi, I'm 36T. My name is Jordan Pain. I usually go by Tess. I'm the luckiest guy in the world... Unfortunately, my luck is bipolar.
I have a full time job In a mortgage company. and I am working towards my masters degree in child psych.

I am a major Naruto fan, and I also enjoy: DBZ, Bleach, One Piece, Trigun, Ninja Scroll, Hellsing, Devil Mey Cry, Avatar: Airbender & Korra, The Jackie Chan Adventures, MLP, Ben 10, Generator Rex, Kim Possible, JLU, Batman Beyond, Young Justice, Teen Titans, TMNT, Gargoyles, The mask the animated series, SW: The Clone Wars, SW: Rebels, The Awesomes, Fugget about it, Total Drama, and 6teen.

T.V Shows I like are Firefly, Castle, Bones, House, Numb3rs, The Bastard Executioner, Limitless, Terra Nova, Eureka, Into The Badlands, The Walking Dead, The 100, Supernatural, Smallville, Arrow and the Flash.

VG's : Original Devil May Cry, Original Medieval, Original Spyro The Dragon, The Crash Bandicoot Series, Original DBZ: Budakai, The Tomb Raider Series, Prototype, The Resident Evil Series, The Last of Us, Dynasty Warriors series, Bushido Blade, Motocross Mania, Bugs And taz: Time Busters, Atari Classic's, and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

I am a devote NaruHina advocate. My favorite character is femHaku.

I love to find new and unique stories in the Naruto-verse, I dream of finding one with Naruto X Hinata, femHaku, Tayuya, & Temari. Ino, fuu, Samui, & Yugito also welcome. (If only, If only, I prey to Kishimoto)

And I have been working through other stories from my three lists up above. Yet, nothing catches my interest quite the way Naruto fic's do.

However I despise Harry Potter!
Spoiler: show
Used to love it until I found out that Snape was NTR'd by Harry's dad... That kinda ruined it. And then the whole "Three Magic Item's" sub-plot came out, and that finished it off.
On the other hand that's the whole point of fan-fiction's right? To shift the story over to what would appeal to you best.
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
36T

Unread postby Wraith5 » January 23rd, 2016, 12:55 am

As a major Star Wars fan myself, I feel the need to ask... the old Clone Wars show or the new one?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby 36T » January 23rd, 2016, 3:59 am

While I watched them both, I have to say the cgi clone wars appealed to me more as entertainment, and is more likely to be written about if I ever choose to make a SW fic. But the old one is the one I would use in a music video. Also a small hobby of mine. Got banned from YouTube for it. Still making them though. Just can't post them.
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
TTT TTT
36T

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 10th, 2016, 11:53 pm

I have to admit that while the newer Clone Wars series introduced some interesting ships, characters, and plots, I preferred the old Clone Wars. I mean, Mace Windu vs. Giant Separatist Stomping Ship was GLORIOUS. You just do NOT get moments like this in any more 'modern' animation style.
Spoiler: show
Personally, 3:50 is one of my favorite moments in this fight.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Luferius » April 27th, 2016, 5:24 am

Hi, my name is Brian. Just call me by my forum name, though. :p I'm a 26 year old aspiring writer. Well, I would be if I could find the uninterrupted time to put my thoughts onto paper!

If you've seen the "Name the AuthorLord's Fanbase" comment section on the blog portion of the website, you might recognize my username as the one who suggested the "AuthorLord's Army". I bragged a little about that. Well... Kind of a lot. I only recently made a forum account, though. So, here I am. Gripe at me if you want to, I can take it. xD Anywho, I'm a pretty laid back individual. I'm currently disabled, but planning on opening a dispensary if medical marijuana becomes legal in my home state of Arkansas. I have a private investor and everything, so here's hoping! *Fingers crossed.*

Got any questions, hit me up. Wanna check out the two fanfictions I wrote when I was stoned two years ago and never finished because I read them sober and said "this is garbage"? Find my account on FF.net. Otherwise, I hope to see more of y'all here on the forums.
Luferius

Unread postby EllyYuki » September 20th, 2019, 5:53 am

Hi everyone, my name is Elvira. Some might know me by my handle Ellyyuki on FFnet. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and HPNOFP. the humour in this fic never fails to have me laughing out loud, no matter how often I reread it. And I've been rereading it for the past two weeks, my husband is complaining I don't give him any attention anymore and I take my reader everywhere with me; even to bed. :you_re_kidding_right:
EllyYuki

Return to “%s” General Discussion