Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 18th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about the crazy, it only virulently contagious.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » July 19th, 2013, 5:24 am

Welcome, Draelone! Sorry for the lateness of the welcome, things have been hectic lately.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Draelone » July 25th, 2013, 6:59 am

It's alright, really it is. *swipes cookie with everyone watching* I'm having trouble finding virgin rubber chickens anyway. They apparently live very wild lives. Who knew?
Draelone

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 30th, 2013, 2:09 pm

So, I've been around for a little while, was lurking for about two or three months before I made my account, and I've only made a few posts since then (another two months, lol). In any case, just noticed this thread, so I figured I might as well introduce myself.

So, I'm Wraith5. My real name is Brian. I am a 21-year-old guy. Online I've gone as things like Gasbomb, Stinkbomb (please note, those were WAY more than five years ago...), Wraith 5, and Rogue 9. Kudos if you get the references for the last two.

So, things I like. I enjoy reading novels (mostly sci-fi, kudos if you can guess what sci-fi universe I usually read (here's a hint: it ties in directly with the references mentioned above)), reading fan-fiction, reading manga, watching movies/anime (I usually prefer books to videos though...), eating, playing video games (mostly FPS games, though I have been known to play things such as the Metroid and Mario series, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and a number of other things including the Portal games), and just the general side effects that come with having ADHD (I don't like coffee anyways, not to mention I pretty much don't need it).

Things I don't like. Well, I can narrow this down with a few choice words/phrases. Politics/politicians (does ANYBODY like politicians? I mean, in general, not an individual politician), annoying "better than thou" idiots who just can't shut up (I actually know someone like this. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up mouthing off, annoying the wrong person, and getting beaten up for it. PM me if you want the entertaining details.), and jerks/assholes/annoying pricks (includes previous item). I also really don't like working (well, at least on things I don't like) and I absolutely ABHOR being bored.

A little about me as a person. I'm not the best at social interaction, I've always been one of the guys who sits off to the side, reading (or something similar) and listening to the conversations, laughing to myself. I'm not all that confident, but I do know I'm pretty damn good at quite a lot. I enjoy playing multiplayer video games (Call of Duty 4, MW3, and BO2 multiplayer, typically), but I only really play them with other friends (the conversations are hilarious, and my friends are all (at least slightly) above average skill level). *Note: I'm a PC gamer, using a laptop that is nearly three years old at this point. I'm hoping to build a gaming desktop rig by the end of summer of 2014.* *Another note:

Uhh... wow. Didn't mean to write that much. Well, I'm really not that great at writing, but when I start writing about something I know pretty well or find rather interesting, I can sometimes find it hard to stop... (However, it CAN take me AGES to even begin writing a five-paragraph essay on a test...)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Lightwhispers » August 30th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Welcome! And come to the Dark Side, we have cookies! (Yes, that's answering your hints.) Most of the cookies don't contain anything more harmful than absurd amounts of chocolate, even! Watch out for the tesseract-shaped ones, they sometimes destabilize in your mouth... But we haven't had a literal Death By Chocolate in... wow, nearly 6 days! :nom_nom:
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 31st, 2013, 7:48 am

The Radiation Trefoil designed ones are particularly nice, they even glow in the dark! They were delivered by Okuu's Bakery.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 31st, 2013, 5:14 pm

YAY! FREE COOKIES!!! I love cookies...
:nom_nom:
:burnt:
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 2nd, 2013, 12:49 am

Welcome to Wraith5! As (Un)Official Cookie Supplier, I hope you enjoy the baked goods!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 2nd, 2013, 10:47 am

Oh don't worry. As far as food goes, I can only name a few things I don't like. Beef stroganoff and oatmeal-based cookies top the list, but I can (usually) tolerate oatmeal cookies if they have chocolate in them. :nom_nom:
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 2nd, 2013, 11:56 am

Beef stroganoff is awesome, provided that you don't get too nuts with the sour cream.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 2nd, 2013, 1:05 pm

I'll be completely honest, I've only had it once, and that was way more than six years ago... heh heh.
Wraith5

Unread postby OldLibrarian » January 16th, 2014, 3:42 am

Hey all, just stumbled back to this website and set of stories after two computers and thinking 'oh yeah, I remember reading this. This was cool."

And the stories are still just as cool to read as I remember.

About me? Tabletop gamer from the D&D days (Fair confession: I actually did kinda like Essentials; wasn't perfect, but it would have been a better place to start than the first version of 4e), though I have picked up some other games (HERO, GURPS, Fate Core though I just missed the Dresden license). Also watch not nearly enough anime (well, nowadays, anyway), and read assorted fantasy and sci-fi when I have a chance.
OldLibrarian

Unread postby NobleKorhedron » January 16th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Hey all, just stumbled back to this website and set of stories after two computers and thinking 'oh yeah, I remember reading this. This was cool."

And the stories are still just as cool to read as I remember.

About me? Tabletop gamer from the D&D days (Fair confession: I actually did kinda like Essentials; wasn't perfect, but it would have been a better place to start than the first version of 4e), though I have picked up some other games (HERO, GURPS, Fate Core though I just missed the Dresden license). Also watch not nearly enough anime (well, nowadays, anyway), and read assorted fantasy and sci-fi when I have a chance.
"Dresden licence"? As in 'Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden'? As in the only wizard in private practice in the Chicago Metro area....?
Regards,

NK.

Give me a sense of humor Lord, give me the grace to see a joke. To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
NobleKorhedron

Unread postby OldLibrarian » January 16th, 2014, 5:08 pm

The same; Evil Hat Productions is handling the game using the Fate system. Apologies if I misspoke in my prior post; I only just found the news that Dresden will be updated for the Fate Accelerated system later this year, I somehow crossed that with 'lost the license', though I may have gotten that mixed with the Marvel Heroic RPG license ending.

Good to know, as now I have a chance to reread and catch up on the bloody series.
OldLibrarian

Unread postby Chernobov » March 5th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Describe myself?

Er... I'm tall, tall and scraggly.

I've written a bunch of fanfiction I may never finish.

I go on TVTropes, mostly when I'm completely lost during the course of a story I've recently resumed.

I overuse single-line sentences.

I'm part of a tabletop game startup company... thing.

As a consequence to the above, I've gotten into RPGs. Fairly recently, in fact. My current favorites are WOD (New, I've sadly never tried Classical), Spirit of the Century and other FATE games, The Void, an extremely beer-and-pretzels RPG called F*** Armageddon, BESM, and some games made by John Wick, the guy who made Legend of the Five Rings, 7th Sea, and other cool things.

I'm also a fan of play-by-post games, one interest among my rather haphazard collection of hobbies. That's how I got here, really: I looked up Quest (like Ruby Quest, Dorf Quest, etc.) and it pulled up this site. So I thought, "why not?"

And I'm also a fairly brutal DM, from the few sessions I've actually done.. After perusing a few threads, I seem to have found myself in good company.

So... hello.
Chernobov

Unread postby Cody » March 23rd, 2014, 5:21 pm

Hello there. I was drawn here by the "Team 8" story. I look forward to seeing some more updates as well as any announcements about it. Which is one of the reasons as to why I am here. :biggrin:
Cody

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 25th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Welcome! Don't overly mind the crazy that happens here, you'll get used to it.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 25th, 2014, 3:36 pm

*shudders*
Yes. You will get quite used to it...
Don't worry about it too much. I found it all quite entertaining before I got used to it. (Well, it doesn't help that I always have been (at least a little) crazy myself...) :biggrin:
Wraith5

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » March 26th, 2014, 12:17 am

*Rides by on the back of a silver dragon while throwing various high level elemental spells at a horde of filthy peasants*

DIE PEASANTS DIE! THIS'LL TEACH YA FOR INTERUPTTING MY SLEEP!!!!

*Stops and notices the new people*

Oh, hey new people! HI! My name shadowspiri5. I'm sure we'll get along just fine. If you'll excuse me I need to get back to killing these peasants.

DIE YOU FILTHY PEASANTS!

*Rides off into the distance while explosions are heard in the background*
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 26th, 2014, 8:06 am

Here, things like that are fairly normal. Don't worry about it! It's a LOT more fun to join in! Just... be careful when rolling for sanity. (All sanity rolls here are for DAMAGE to your sanity.)
Wraith5

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 5th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Belated (in some cases very belated, ehehe) welcome to the new people! Cookies are over there, afraid I must hurry to run damage control for Spiri's rampage.
*goes off to revive and heal the peasants* Spiri! You know you are not supposed to kill the innocent bystanders! What interrupted your sleep was your alarm clock!
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby RavynousHunter » April 12th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Hello, I'm RavynousHunter, I'm 24, and I'm an addict. Wait...wrong area, sorry.

I've been a fan of Author Lord's work since I happened upon NOFP's article on TVTropes about a year ago. I've read the current 39 chapters at least...4 times, maybe more, I've lost count, lol. I love the writing, and I love how much thought's been put into all the nice little details. Its easily the best fic I've read, and certainly the best of its kind.

I'm an aspiring game designer, and...I've got plans, lol. I want to make awesome things that people enjoy playing and experiencing.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 13th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Welcome to the forum! *holds out tray of cookies*
Plans to make awesome things are excellent. You shall fit right in.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby RavynousHunter » April 14th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum! *holds out tray of cookies*
Plans to make awesome things are excellent. You shall fit right in.
Thankee! If I could ever acquire the license, I'd love to make a comprehensive Harry Potter game, one day. Maybe see if Author Lord wouldn't mind me using this nice little tale for an alternate campaign.
RavynousHunter

Unread postby LinkSeasonMaster » May 12th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Okay, I've been checking in on the forums (well...one thread in particular, and I'll be posting there next) every so often for a while now, but I only made an account here a little over a week ago. So here's a long-over due introduction.

I've been fairly big anime and video game fan since I was a little kid, but for the last several years, I've really gotten into reading fan fiction, and even have tried my own hand at it a little. Even so, when I stumbled upon Team 8 a little over 2 years ago, I spent well over a day doing very little other than reading the 21 chapters that were available at the time. Safe to say that it is one of several stories that I have no idea how it managed to escape my radar for so long, and to put it mildly, I am quite angry with myself as a result. Not only did I find it to be very enjoyable and appealing on a personal level (and still do), it was by far the most well written piece of fan fiction I had come across at the time, and remains extremely high on that list to this day. I could go on and on about all of the things I adore about that story, but I'd rather not waste everyone's time with what might come across as mere rambling.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to have finally joined the forums, and I can already tell that I'm going to have even more fun participating than I already have been having from just reading! You better get ready!
"This world is full of interesting things! It's the best! You don't have even one second to waste doing stuff you don't want to do!" - Kagami Junichirou
LinkSeasonMaster

Return to “%s” General Discussion