Awesome Music

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Awesome Music

Unread postby gman391 » January 8th, 2010, 10:40 pm

So I was messing around with my play lists and listening to Lux Aeterna and though to myself....I don't know or have nearly as much epic music as I thought I did. So I thought I'd ask you guys about what you think is the most epic music.

So far my list has Beethoven's Ninth, Seventh and Fifth. The aforementioned Lux Aeterna, O Fortuna, Anything by Howard Shore and John Williams. Still seems a little light though. Your thoughts?
Last edited by gman391 on January 9th, 2010, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Re: Awesome Music

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 8th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Winterborn by The cruxshadows is a truly epic piece of music in my opinion. Some good pure musical stuff is the majority of the soundtrack from both Transformer's movies, as well as the piece titled "Driving with the Top Down", from the Iron Man soundtrack. Hero (Red Pill Mix) is a good song as well (I tend to use it when I'm trying to write montage-type scenes. Most of my music infact, is used as writing inspiration). Across the Nation, by Union Underground, and To Be Loved by Papa Roach are some other personal favorites, though I tend to use them more for curb-stomp battle type scenes. Another one that I like is "Une Monde Sans Danger (A world without Danger) which is the musical version of the Code Lyoko theme. Awesome music, especially without the semi-stupid lyrics that they put into it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby doc.exe » January 9th, 2010, 2:08 am

If you don't mind the fact that Gregorian chants have been overused by Hollywood recently, they can quite epic in my opinion. Unfortunately, besides Era's music (which I'm not really sure if could be considered Gregorian chants in the proper sense) I can't make many suggestions.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Phht » January 9th, 2010, 7:40 am

There's always Final Fantasy music.

For instance:
FFXI - Alexander Fight
FFXI - Shadowlord
FFXI - ToAU Boss Music
FFVIII - Liberi Fatali
FFVIII - Only a Plank Between One and Perdition
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Darkandus » January 9th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Well that entirely depends on a persons definition of Epic.

The Sword of the Stranger soundtrack is pretty epic, here's an example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195rdilxCmY

If your looking for music to go with battle related about twenty percent of the Manowar discography is suitably epic.

Devil May Cry and it's sequels have some quality peices in their soundtracks. First Virgil Battle

I would also point out that Naruto itself has some epic tracks, if you enjoy that sort of music. Beni Soubi Reverse situation Rising Dragon

I also enjoy some of the Sabatons songs. For example The Price of a Mile

I'll probably add more later.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby ANightmareDarkly » January 9th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Ahh the subjectivity of awesome I personally always get a charge from ToA's meaning of birth

DKC2's Snakey Chanty

keeping with the game theme EoSD's UN owen was her and any of its vocal remixes especially Sweets Time Midnight
ANightmareDarkly

Unread postby doc.exe » January 10th, 2010, 2:14 am

Looking through some of my music files, I found that the music from the X tv series and Rurouni Kenshin anime were incredibly epic:

X-tv -Sadame

Rurouni Kenshin - Isshin Tenpuku Keekaku

Rurouni Kenshin - The Last Wolf Suite - Shishio Makoto no Kumikyoku
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Return to “%s” General Discussion