Advertising on Testosterone?

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Advertising on Testosterone?

Unread postby Minion » February 17th, 2010, 6:19 pm

So is it just me, or have commercials gotten really aggressive in this economy? Especially between restaurants. I'm half expecting a gang war between Ronald, the King, and Jack.
Last edited by Minion on February 17th, 2010, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minion

Re: Advertising on Testosterone?

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2010, 6:34 pm

.....I want to read a story about that now.....
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Kirai » February 17th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Ok I know who Ronald and the King are, who's Jack? I'm afraid I don't watch enough TV to know... or go out enough... if we even have that restaurant in germany.
Kirai

Unread postby Minion » February 17th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Jack in the Box. This Guy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minion

Unread postby Kirai » February 17th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Yeah don't know the guy.

But I still would read that, if it's short enough^^
Kirai

Unread postby Calinero » February 17th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Yeah, I've heard friends who have moved into the state say that Jack in the Boxes are common elsewhere, but they don't seem to have many in North Carolina. That would be a sweet war to watch--Jack seems pretty creepy, as does the King. Ronald could unleash his clown/mime magic.
Calinero

Unread postby serbii » February 17th, 2010, 8:37 pm

We don't have that Jack guy here either.
And the Burger King is just creepy >_>
I guess that means I'm going for Ronald.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » February 17th, 2010, 9:00 pm

But Ronald's a jerk and Japanese Ronald is weird. The Burger King just has a genetic defect causing his overly large head. At least he's able to keep smiling even with his neck problems.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby doc.exe » February 17th, 2010, 10:35 pm

We don't have Jack-in-the box either. The war here is mostly between Burger King, McDonalds and KFC. But rather than something awesome like putting their mascots to fight between them (I'll bet for the Colonel :D ), the ads and commercials just keep discrediting the promotions of the strongest competitor (i.e. McDonalds).

Considering the bad state of the current economy, and how desperate they may be to not lost their current base of clients, I suppose the agressiveness is kind of understandable.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Dervon » February 18th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Fast-Food Mafia Wars?
XD
Dervon

Unread postby Farmer_10 » February 18th, 2010, 12:46 pm

It's a close one. Ronald has the strength and power to go toe toe with Dr. Mcninja. While The Burger King can seemingly control Chaos (The Nostalgia Critic only has to summon him to bring a movie under heel). And the Colonel has obvious military experience, so he'll more than likely have a well organized army at his disposal.

But my money's on the King. Since he also seems to have the power to send men into a hotblooded frenzy as this link shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGLHlvb8 ... re=related
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby SLAMU » February 18th, 2010, 2:06 pm

I know where my money's at.

SLAMU

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » February 19th, 2010, 12:38 am

I can't recall where, it might have been on deviantArt, but I recall seeing a mock-up mascot fighter character selection screen with fast food mascots once.
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby DidelotM1 » February 19th, 2010, 1:13 am

I can't recall where, it might have been on deviantArt, but I recall seeing a mock-up mascot fighter character selection screen with fast food mascots once.

http://wattaponyz.deviantart.com/art/We ... -153352114

that's what you're looking for.
DidelotM1

Unread postby Calinero » February 19th, 2010, 9:38 am

Maybe it's just because I had never heard of him until a few weeks ago, but does anyone else find Jack to be...creepy?
Calinero

Unread postby Farmer_10 » February 19th, 2010, 10:19 am

What's so creepy about Jack? It's just a paper-thin mask hiding poorly-disguised hate for the world and all who live in it. Which is his obvious motivation for selling fast-food. Nothing creepy about that at all.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby gman391 » February 19th, 2010, 11:41 am

Some of us think of Jack as a slightly amusing foil for the King but yeah they're both creepy. I only trust the A&W Bear.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ironwolf » February 19th, 2010, 11:57 pm

Ooh, ooh, did the Hamburgerler knock Ronald into a vat of chemicals?^^
Ironwolf

Unread postby tjchaos » February 21st, 2010, 10:56 pm

I saw something a few days ago about BK is seriously losing market share in this economy.

Ah here it is:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... sales-fall

Crap like this is certainly not helping the King either:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22585348/detail.html

Wendy's was going downhill for awhile there after Dave died. Jack also seems a bit psychotic in some commercials I've seen but I haven't seen any of them around here. Not sure about any of the others. I've been trying to seriously avoid all fast food for a couple of months now and severely cut back on it about a year and a half ago.
tjchaos

Unread postby ANightmareDarkly » February 22nd, 2010, 6:33 pm

If assassinations are allowed i'm betting on the king after all you should never go to bed before the king (am I the only one who thought/thinks that slogan sounds vaguely like a threat) but in a straight fight either A&W's bear because hes a godless killing machine or Ronald because well...nothing is worse or more powerful than a clown
ANightmareDarkly

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 22nd, 2010, 9:18 pm

Except he's a mime, and therefore an Elder Abomination.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » February 22nd, 2010, 11:48 pm

Yeah, but It was a clown.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 23rd, 2010, 12:16 am

Ronald could destroy It with one slice of an invisible sword.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » February 26th, 2010, 8:28 pm

I don't know about raw power, but as far as black-heartedness goes I think this smaller, more secretive branch takes the cake:
That's what he does to his own species. What is he willing to do to yours?
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 26th, 2010, 8:45 pm

True, so very true. And so very delicious.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” General Discussion