Dragoncon tidbit

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Dragoncon tidbit

Unread postby tjchaos » April 1st, 2010, 11:09 pm

Not exactly sure how I found this one (jumping around looking for info on tomorrow nights SGU episode I think) and I'd be surprised if some of the people here didn't already know but just in case...

Seems that there's a fanmade and supposedly Joss Whedon approved spin-off to 'Firefly' that will be on sale at this years Dragon*Con in Atlanta.
http://scifimafia.com/2009/10/serenity- ... edemption/

From what I've read Universal got a bit lawsuit happy regarding Firefly/Serenity fan sites. Makes me wonder about some of the legal hoops had to be jumped through in order to make this. Probably no mention of Firefly or Serenity along with no use of any Universal owned imagery so Whedon's o.k. is apparently enough. Might be interesting for Firefly fans.
tjchaos

Re: Dragoncon tidbit

Unread postby Calinero » April 1st, 2010, 11:14 pm

Wow. Looks pretty professional. I always get sad thinking of Firefly...honestly, I think it showed the most potential out of any of his TV series to date, including Buffy. I think it could have been better than either Buffy or Angel given enough time, and it's already better than Dollhouse from what I've seen.
Calinero

Return to “%s” General Discussion