~*~ Epic Quotes ~*~

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

~*~ Epic Quotes ~*~

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 13th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Please only use quotes from VD forums.

Epic Hall of Epicness
AntiBaba
ashez2ashes
Doc.exe
Darkandus
Dervon
Disconnected
Dechstreme
DocterNutter
Chukg
Ewuvi
Farmer_10
Jgkitarel
Justin Blaze
Lthayer3
Leon89
Lightwhispers
Ironwolf
Grey_Cat
Gman391
GenghisQuan
Kirai
MorphCross
Magnificate
Phht
Psalm of Fire
QuoteMyFoot
Random_Fan
Serbii
SLAMU
Stormseed
Satori
Tempest Kitsune
Tarnished Blade
Vael

Individual
(Alphabetical)
Spoiler: show
AntiNaba
"The last party I went to had me put my head through a plaster wall. In my defense, I won the headbutting contest"

"A good Vindaloo, no matter however hot, should not contain saltpetre."

ashez2ashes
"I think he's just having fun poking into the monkey cage to see us shriek and throw our crap around. I'd take it with a grain of salt (and a banana yuumm)."

Doc.exe
"As to the issue of the Internet, I'm of the general belief that every person in this planet has at least a tiny bit of insanity that usually gets repressed by social rules, personal inhibition and other tabooes. Given that the net allows for a public place to share your thoughts without restrictions and with the very useful advantage of anonimity, is just natural that it has become the sum of the collected insanity of the human race."

Darkandus
huh? I don't remember the entire thing word for word but the gist of it was like this.

Me: "Hello."
Scammer: "Uh...Hello."
Me: "...May I ask who is speaking?"
Scammer: "Uh." *talking in the background* "Hello sir, I'm calling from Microsoft to inform you we have been recieving reports that you have been downloading files infected with Viruses. I'm sorry to inform you that they will not only overclock your hard drive but they may also give access of your details to criminal elements. As a user of the Genuine Windows Operating System we are willing to walk you through getting rid of them, but I'm afraid if you don't your warrenty may be void."

*Trollface is applied*

Me: "Oh! Really? I'm really glad you called, I've been having problems with it recently, that probably has something to do with it."
Scammer: "Excellent sir. We're very happy to assist you. Can you please turn on your Computer?"
Me: "Okay, that's no problem at all, but it takes a really longtime to boot up, Can you hold on for me?"
Scammer: "That's no problem. I can hold."
*I go into the kitchen, stick on the kettle and make a sandwich. Five minutes later.*
Me: "Hello? Hello?! Are you still there?"
*Fumbling and static*
Scammer :"Ah, Um, Hello sir, is your laptop swiched on now?"
Me: "It is."
Scammer: "Excellent sir, if you just open up internet explorer I can show you the Viruses."
Me: "Oh. Uh, I don't have Internet explorer."
S: "Firefox?"
M: "Let me check....No, sorry."
*Talking in the background*
S: "Do you use safari or opera?"
M: "Oh no, both of tose are terrible."
*Pause and then more talking in the background*
S: "Do you have the internet Sir?"
*I pause for effect*
M: "Oh yeah, I use chrome."
*Cue extended silence and what sounds like an irritated murmer*
S: "Can you open it sir?"
M: "Oh sure, no problem. My laptop is really slow, so it might take a while."
*Waiting for a few minutes.*
M: "Hmm, that's odd. I just got a 403 error and it's not opening. Let me try again."
S: "Ok sir."
*Wait another minute.*
M: "No, still not working, this is really odd. Hey? You're tech support right?"
*Rapid chatter.*
S: "Uh, Yes sir, we are."
M: "Oh, thats really good, can you help me work out what the problem is."
*More rapid chatter.*
S: "Can you give me a mome-"
M: "Wait! It's working again, you guys are really hard workers, thank you."
S: "Um. Yes, that's no problem. We're glad to help."
M: "Hmm, I just got an odd popup, I think it might be related to the Viruses, can you check it for me? It's trying to direct me to Pen Island. Will you look up the site for me please."
S: "Um, can you spell it sir?"
M: "Of course, P.E.N Space I.S.L.A.N.D. Really, thank you for your help."
*Clicking, and than an obviously fake sound of disgust.*
S: "UGH! I mean, sir, you should avoid that site."
M: "Really? What is it?"
*Sounds of disgust and laughter in the background.*
S: "I'd really rather not say sir."
M: "Wow, it must really be bad, but the popup keeps appearing, I'm just going to try get rid of it."
*Start clacking a pen of the side table.*
M: "You know, I really am glad you called. The thought of someone having all my information is terrifying. I mean, what if they got my bank details."
*Chatter*
S: "That is indead a risk sir."
M: "I'd be in so much trouble, you see, my daughter is very sick, and we've been scrimping and saving every penny for her operation. If we lost all that money she'd die before we could save up more."
*Slight choked noise.*
S: "Oh? Are you sure?"
M: "Yep, we had to remorgage the house, we're already on a really tight budget. There's talk at work about redundancies, so we're already facing homelessness, if Lucy dies on top of that I don't know what I'll do."
*Silence, then more chatter and a firm voice.*
S: "I'm sure everything will turn out alright sir, now if you could just go to the following link please."
*Cue more screwing around and telling her lies and things going wrong. Including my parents and my wifes parents also in danger of losing their houses, and how one of them had died two weeks ago. How it was the anniversery of Lucy's brother dying of the same illness Telling her that she was an angel, trying so hard, and being so patient with helping me when everything in my life was going wrong. At this point her voice is cracking up. And there are more arguments in the background. Until eventually.*
S: "I'm really sorry sir, but I can't help you anymore. I hope your family is well and wish your daughter luck."
M: "Oh, thank you, you're so sweet."
S: "Goodbye sir."
M: "WAIT! Just one more thing before you go."
S: "Yes?"
*Her voice is practically cracking up with emotion, and there is complete silence in the background.*
M: "I lied."
S: "What?"
M: "I lied about everything. I know you're trying to scam me."

*Cue extreme rage, laughter in the background and what I could swear was a sob, followed by what I'm pretty sure was cursing.*
And then she hung up the phone.
She must have really wanted my details, I was sure Pen Island would have scared her off, but her acting was impeccable. Expecially considering they really just sell pens.

"So it's odd for superhuman boxers to have romance be a part of their lives? That's an odd thing to think. After all even if your superhuman you are still human, and humans need love. In fact it's probably best for someone who is considerably stronger than their peers to have a stable relationship with someone to limit the possibility of them getting all bored, killy and evil."

"Well that depends entirely on you. As we live in a relativly crapsack world your best chance is the old virgin sacrifice deal but the authorites don't seem to take kindly to that practice anymore.
You could also try being nicer to everyone to boost your good Karma but chances are the Universe will just turn you into a cautionary tale about nice guys finishing last.
Nah, your best bet is to just continue slaving under the yoke of the cruel uncaring universe until you die. If your really lucky there MIGHT be an afterlife that doesn't involve an eternity of horrible, horrible things. Like salads without dressing, or being cooked slowly over a fire as a snack for an eldritch abomination."

"Parties for manly men and awesome women who brook no nonsense? Who instead of dressing up like pansies put on ye olde battle armor and beat each other around the face before feasting and getting smashed only to wake up half naked and hanging from a chandelier as the staff of the hotel you raided look at you from a hole in a stained glass window that is suspiciously similar to your size?"

Haha, oh you guys, you don't understand now, but being insane isn't a bad thing, it just means things are starting to fit together and are beginning to make sense. Sanity is just your pathetic brainmeat lying to your soul about the reality of the universe.

"I should be updating Vampire quest and writing for my NaNoWriMo, but instead I'm dying. God damn Viruses, invading my body, robbing my resources, killing my cells! They're like tiny little Vikings except not awesome at all."

Dervon
he triumvirate has been broken for some time. The Trolling Trinity of AntiNaba, Darkandus and a rather self-effacing fellow who goes by the name of Dervon, has been shattered by the efforts of boredom and the tolling weight of Real Life.

However, a prophecy whispered in the dark corridors of Viridian Dreams threads that have fallen off the first page speaks thus:

"And the Three, broken apart they shall be:
One, lost to the fangs and claws of a Balkanian educational system
Another, gone in search of the pony-tail that once housed a portion of his soul
And last, the stalwart dark-one who remained to guard the legacy.

But there will come a time when the baying of the phase-crows will no longer be denied:
The dark-one will preform the calling ritual
The Balkanian will escape from the East and travel North
And the prophecy will be fulfilled by the return of the one in whom chaos has found a champion.

And once more, the lulz will rain down with the shrill cry of a thousand angry lol-cats."

Chuckg
"And seriously, Kishimoto. There are hentai manga out there that treat female characters with more dignity."

"It takes some serious roleplaying props to convincingly deliver an Intimidation roll on God Almighty."

ewuvi
Be amusing people, I COMMAND IT!

Farmer_10
"This is a shipping discussion. What the HELL do you think you're doing bringing "logic" into this."

"We learned something else today: Whenever you post an mpreg you get sent to a planet with other people like you and then killed by the Death Star. Which seems less like a lesson and more of a warning. And now we know. And knowing is half the battle. GI JOOOOOOE!"

"As hot as we were, we want to be feared and obeyed. It's hard to do that when you're in drag."

Justin Blaze
"Dude, we are all in a forum that is based on an author who writes fanfiction about twelve year old punk kids who can shoot fireballs and summon giant yakuza frogs just by throwing down a bunch of gang signs."

Ironwolf
"Bitch 'no' Justsu"

Gman391

"Naruto turns into an eldritch abomination... but the story doesn't know it." (Gman reviewing a naruto fanfiction)

"Lie even when you don't have to that's the Death Eater way!"

"I'm Lawful Good not Lawful Stupid."

"Seriously? That's your pairing? What the hell are you smoking and why can't I get any?"

"Humanity is so weird. Huh this stuff is hot it hurts when I touch it....it creates clouds that smell bad and make it hard to breath. I shall call it fire and love it as my own child!"

GenghisQuan
Description of Quan's version of Optimus Prime - "Still a Messiah - but with a bit of an Old Testament flavor."

Kirai
"And... well I think the outfit might need a speedo for completion... and the legwarmers, don't forget the leg warmer... You know you could add so many accessories... like a rebreather or something."

MorphCross
"Sanity? What is this "sanity" of which you speak? Is it a disease? If so you should be happy to lose it."

Phht
"If all three were to meet in the same place as Sakura, the youthful explosion of fashion would change the world forever.
Green spandex, with a blaring orange chunin vest, and a purple ribbon belt to top off the design. On someone with pink hair.
You may all commence clawing your eyes out in agony now."

"I'm sick and tired of these motherfucking Geth on my motherfucking Citadel!" - Samuel L Shepard

Random_Fan
"I don't think there's a single thread on this site that's managed to stay completely on topic. That's what makes this such a great place."

Tempest Kitsune
You really wanna play? Kid, I'll bury you.
If you've got any toxic waste, I'd advise dunking your leg in it.

Unknown
"Cal. (who firmly believes that the Hogwarts motto applies nicely to teed-off muggles with big guns. We are STARTLINGLY good at killing anything that moves.)"

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.

Vael
You know, before I came to the Viridian Dreams forum, I never thought it was possible that an evil plan could in fact be made up of hugs involving ponies...
Collaboration
(Newest at top)
leon89 & Lightwhispers
Leon89 - "Oklahoma has been experiencing earth quakes for the last few days. Just a few minutes ago I sat through a 30 second quake that you could easily feel the ground moving. Oklahoma is geologically stable no quake zone. We should only deal with tornadoes."
Lightwhispers - "Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape."

Gman391, Farmer_10, Phht, SLAMU, & Zankaru Zelladonii
Gman391 - I learned something today my microwave is evil....and that you can indeed set pizza on fire in a microwave and not realize it.

Farmer_10 - Yeah that's happened to me too with a plate of chicken nuggets. This is how it starts man. This is how it starts.

Phht - ... How do you set food on fire with a microwave?
I do know that forgetting to hit defrost when defrosting a package of hot dogs will likely result in them being reduced to cocktail wiener size and be badly burnt (my sister accidentally did that years ago). But set on fire?

gman291 - I don't know but where there's smoke there's fire. I left the pizza in for 5 minutes. there was a lot of smoke.....so just general skill I guess?
I'm a guy I don't need a reason for something to be on fire. Fire in itself is a perfectly valid reason for anything.

SLAMU - Some things are preferred to others, of course. Big pile of wood? Cool! Bonfire, s'mores, all in good fun. High grain booze? Neat party trick. Guitar? Hey, there's history right there. Your new car? Nooo!!!

gman291 - Well can I use it to set something else on fire? If so than thats totally cool.
Ahh Fire mankind's first choice for any new task.
We need heat!-Set something on fire
We need better pointy sticks-set the sticks on fire
We need meat that doesn't make us sick-set the meat on fire
We need to kill x-Set x on fire
and so on.

SLAMU - We need better metal, set the metal on fire!
We need better music, set the guitar on fire!
We need better crops, set the crops on fire!
We need better arrows, set the arrows on fire!
We need better flambes, set the flambes on fire!

Zankaru Zelladonii - Need more awesome animals - invent one that breathes fire!

Phht - We need better fire - set the fire on fire!

Farmer_10 - We need to be healthier - set ourselves on fire!
and the obligatory one
We need a better Naruto - set Kishimoto on fire!

Darkandus, Lthayer3, Vael, & Disconnected
Darkandus - Australia is not a place to live is you have Arachnophobia. If I lived there I'd be forced to have a moat of fire around my house to keep the damn things away. I have enough problems with the itty bitty harmless ones that live in Ireland.
Lthayer3 - And a moat of fire would only be enough up until the Australian monsters learn how to fly and/or tunnel. ...And I don't know which would be worse. You could make bad scifi movies out of either one.
Vael - ...or evolve to be fire-proof. <.< Just sayin'
Disconnected - They wont have to evolve to be fire proof they already are, they just shy away from fire so you think your safe then they'll strike when your back is turned.

Psalm of Fire & QuoteMyFoot
Psalm of Fire - Ah y'all, I need a little encouragement. My head is swimming with asthma steroids, the kind that make you angry and emotionally yoyo, I've got this sunken feeling in my stomach, and I haven't been able to write proper for over a month. Some of you know what I'm talking about, all that creative energy just stuck, building up, and the yearning it brings. Yearning I can't fulfill because I'm about as rational as a pickle soaked in lighter fluid.

Does the encouragement need to make sense? Not really, not much is making sense in my head anyway. "You're like a mountain made of cotton candy and steak!" I don't know what that means... but it does make me smile.

QuoteMyFoot - You are like a mountain made of cotton candy and steak! Manly and... found at funfairs? Beloved by children? Available in a variety of bright colours? Incredibly sweet? Take your pick.
In all seriousness, who says you need to be rational to write? You have a plan, you've done the rational bit. This is the part that taps into the irrational side of human nature. You're angry and an emotional yoyo? Then write that. Write a scene about someone who doesn't know what the heck is going on. Write someone who is stuck in a limbo and unable to do what they need to get out of it. Write someone who doesn't know what to feel. Write someone confused. Write someone who doesn't feel like they can do it.
Any character feels the same things you do. Writing requires channeling your own emotions into what they're feeling. You can always write. Whether the words will come out to a good standard or not is a different matter altogether, but it doesn't matter - word choice? Syntax? Those things come in the editing process. Emotion? Emotion is what needs to be in the words when you're writing, even if you're the only one who can see it right now. As long as you know it's there, then it's fine and it will work later.
Did this make any sense? Probably not. But hey, all those words mean something to me, and I hope they mean something to you too.
That block you're feeling? It's mental. And it's wrong. You can write. You may not feel like you can write, but you can write. Don't worry about whether it'll be good enough. Don't worry about whether it'll get the response you want from a reader. This is the part where input counts, not output.
So, what you're feeling right now? If you can tell us about it, you can go and put it down in a word document. Because you, sir, are a writer, and that doesn't change no matter how ill you're feeling.

Doc.exe, Vael, and Disconnected
Doc.exe - Ok, I know the first day tends to be the most difficult, but this one was just ridiculous! First, it keep raining the entire day and, thanks to the rain, the subway suffered technical problems and I arrived late. Then we suffer a general electrical failure in the entire building that lasted for more than three hours. Later, it turns out that my computer can't run an application that's vital to perform my job, and now they have to replace it with another one, so the entire day was unproductive. And finally, just to add insult to injury, the zipper of my new jacket just broke.
Vael - Which deity did you piss off doc?!?
Disconnected - My guess is all of them.

DoctorNutter, Psalm of Fire, and Tempest Kitsune
PoF: Check out the forum if you like. Get to know some peeps. It's a pretty cool place.
DN: That is by far the kindest way I have ever heard someone say "Welcome to the insane asylum."
TK: We like to build the trap around them slowly, so they don't have a chance to escape.

Lthayer3 and Chuckg on 'What fictional world would you want to get stranded in?'
Lthayer3 - So... Basically you want a democratic Heaven on Earth?
Chuckg - Bro, if you're getting an open-ended magic wish, but you're only getting one? You shoot for the moon, that's what you do with it.

Darkandus & Serbii
D- Over forty people have come out to me before telling anyone else. Apparantly I'm a gateway to being openly homosexual.
S- Guys just see you and realise they're gay. Take it as a compliment.

Dechstreme & Random_fan
D - "What have you wrought, Argo?!"
RF - "He has wrought awesomeness."

Tempest Kitsune & Grey_Cat
TK - Short answer Cat? Yes. Long answer? Read through the Epic Quotes thread down further in the general discussions sub-forum, then you tell me.
GC - Read through it. It didn't really seem insanse, just made me feel at home. :meaw: ...Is that good or bad?
TK - Yes, :biggrin:

Jgkitarel, Satori, and Zankaru Zelladonii
J - You know, if it wasn't for the requirement for you to check your sanity at the door here, and roll 2D6 for it when you leave.....
ZZ - You cant make a saving throw for this forum, it is too powerful.
S - That 2d6 is for sanity damage, not a saving throw.

Magnificate & Serbii
M - "I'm afraid that being Tsundere is not enough in itself for Quests. Besides that Quest would be stupid. So, don't insist on it!"
*Turns on her heels*
S - "Be-besides! It's not like I'm playing because I like it or anything! Stu-stupid quest!"

Tarnished Blade, Stormseed, Farmer_10, Dechstreme
Tarnished Blade - I once hoped that T8 Naruto would pull something like this on Kurenai . . .
Stormseed - I was hoping to see her reaction to Tsunade's return.
Farmer_10 - :TT_TT: Damnit poeple why are we reopening these fresh wounds?
Dechstreme - I blame Tarnished Blade.
Tarnished Blade - And now I have a minor CMOA. (The Authorlord will be pleased, yesssss . . . )
Dechstreme -You don't have a crowning moment of awesome. You have a crowning moment of douchebag. I'd say a dethroning moment of suck, but you'd actually have to have an authentic CMOA before qualifying for DMOS by being a douche again.

Phht and Farmer_10 in A fun new game: Fanfiction Harakiri, Naruto edition.
P - What if you put this summary in the HP version of the thread instead of the Naruto one?
F - You have made a powerfull enemy, Phht. Also it was pretty bad so I got a little overexcited and posted in the wrong thread.
P - Preemptive posting when you get overexcited, eh? Oh, the jokes one could make...
F - I see what you did there. It's pretty filthy.
Last edited by Zankaru Zelladonii on November 7th, 2011, 5:35 pm, edited 41 times in total.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Re: ~*~ Epic Quotes ~*~

Unread postby Dervon » May 16th, 2010, 1:11 pm

So epic that I saved it in my sig:
And seriously, Kishimoto. There are hentai manga out there that treat female characters with more dignity.
:XD:
Dervon

Unread postby serbii » May 17th, 2010, 5:33 am

Anti (in Team Fail)
A good Vindaloo, no matter however hot, should not contain saltpetre.
Farmer
This is a shipping discussion. What the HELL do you think you're doing bringing "logic" into this.
As hot as we were, we want to be feared and obeyed. It's hard to do that when you're in drag.
Hmmm, Farmer's getting a few
serbii

Unread postby gman391 » May 17th, 2010, 6:57 am

On the Evil Authorlord
"I think he's just having fun poking into the monkey cage to see us shriek and throw our crap around. I'd take it with a grain of salt (and a banana yuumm)."
-ashez2ashes
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Greybane » May 17th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Dude, we are all in a forum that is based on an author who writes fanfiction about twelve year old punk kids who can shoot fireballs and summon giant yakuza frogs just by throwing down a bunch of gang signs.

By Justin Blaze.

Win.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Disconnected » May 17th, 2010, 8:19 pm

I used a part of that quote to explain to my brother why I liked Naruto.
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 18th, 2010, 3:54 am

Phht - On Naruto fashion
If all three were to meet in the same place as Sakura, the youthful explosion of fashion would change the world forever.
Green spandex, with a blaring orange chunin vest, and a purple ribbon belt to top off the design. On someone with pink hair.
You may all commence clawing your eyes out in agony now.

Why phht? Why?! *bangs head against keyboard*
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » May 18th, 2010, 4:09 am

That does sound like my work, but I had to go find it to see the context. Now I demand art of this. Sakura Haruno, the Beautiful Scarlet Pimpernel of Oto! (feel free to change the flower name to something more appropriate, or whatever)

EDIT: Actually, make it the uniform for a sentai team. Konan, Sakura, Tayuya, Karin, and Mei. Should be enough rioting of hair color (and glasses... and sometimes horns) with the uniforms for maximum damage.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 18th, 2010, 4:19 am

Ahhh! Why wont you stop? Your going to give me mental scarring!
:TT_TT:

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » May 18th, 2010, 4:24 am

Hmm... so Phht is delving into weapon development.

Going for evil genius or something?

And... well I think the outfit might need a speedo for completion... and the legwarmers, don't forget the leg warmer...

You know you could add so many accessories... like a rebreather or something.
Kirai

Unread postby Farmer_10 » May 18th, 2010, 4:38 am

And they all have eyebrows as thick as Lees in their respective hair colors.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 18th, 2010, 4:50 am

I dont know why I feel I should add to this.... maybe my brain has finally started to melt from over-exposure to this forum.

Why not have them wearing a rainbow striped cape as well, and dont forget the scarf made from fifty cat tails.

(I de-railed my own thread, the shame!)

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » May 18th, 2010, 5:15 am

And... well I think the outfit might need a speedo for completion... and the legwarmers, don't forget the leg warmer...

You know you could add so many accessories... like a rebreather or something.
I dunno about the rebreather. I kinda feel that covering up most of their faces (though that's kinda redundant with Mei) somewhat hampers the brain shattering effect of good looking ladies wearing such atrocities. No leg warmers. The shinobi-style boots they'd wear (I'm thinking something like post-skip Sakura's footwear) would need to match their hair though so the top and bottom match. Hm. Maybe something upper leg in orange? Kunai pouch on each leg with it and the bandages underneath all in the same orange as the vest?

With this design, whether they are upright or upside down, the riot of colors would still generally be the same instead of possible being decreased. And no, this isn't weapons development. Now, if I made the uniform into a seifuku style outfit while maintaining the colors, THAT would be weapons development. Particularly if I stuck it on guys.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby gman391 » May 18th, 2010, 10:43 am

"I don't think there's a single thread on this site that's managed to stay completely on topic. That's what makes this such a great place."
-Random Fan
And here we have further proof.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 18th, 2010, 12:06 pm

*Is sad that none of his posts are worth an Epic Quoting* :TT_TT:
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » May 18th, 2010, 1:11 pm

There there Tempest none of mine are either...besides your the sane one. The Epic quotes tend to be from the insane ones.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby doc.exe » May 18th, 2010, 3:51 pm

On the subject of sanity:
Sanity? What is this "sanity" of which you speak? Is it a disease? If so you should be happy to lose it.
And from the Fresh Palate Thread:
Parties for manly men and awesome women who brook no nonsense? Who instead of dressing up like pansies put on ye olde battle armor and beat each other around the face before feasting and getting smashed only to wake up half naked and hanging from a chandelier as the staff of the hotel you raided look at you from a hole in a stained glass window that is suspiciously similar to your size?
Darkandus giving a nice summation of how he spends his free time apparently.
The last party I went to had me put my head through a plaster wall.

In my defense, I won the headbutting contest
AntiNaba being... well, AntiNaba.
Be amusing people, I COMMAND IT!
And ewuvi... chaneling her 2D overlord persona I suppose.

Also:
Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!
I don't know if it's against the rules to quote yourself, but it was the first time somebody has ever quoted me... and given the cause for the recent topic drift, this particular quote merits inclussion. :biggrin1
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Darkandus » May 18th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Parties for manly men and awesome women who brook no nonsense? Who instead of dressing up like pansies put on ye olde battle armor and beat each other around the face before feasting and getting smashed only to wake up half naked and hanging from a chandelier as the staff of the hotel you raided look at you from a hole in a stained glass window that is suspiciously similar to your size?
Darkandus giving a nice summation of how he spends his free time apparently.

In my defence I more often than not manage to keep my pants on. And we try not to talk about the times when I didn't. Although I must say, using several bedsheets to construct an outfit complete with toga, underwear and cape was one of my more inspired solutions to being forcibly stripped and tossed out of the room to fend for myself. Good thing the linen closet was right next door :secret_laugh:

Alas, I was young and foolish then and now I don't drink even a fraction as much, and very rarely to boot, so I tend to avoid such things nowadays.
Darkandus

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 18th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Doc.exe
As to the issue of the Internet, I'm of the general belief that every person in this planet has at least a tiny bit of insanity that usually gets repressed by social rules, personal inhibition and other tabooes. Given that the net allows for a public place to share your thoughts without restrictions and with the very useful advantage of anonimity, is just natural that it has become the sum of the collected insanity of the human race.

Epically insightful.

Quoting yourself is fine, as long as it is sufficiently epic.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Disconnected » May 23rd, 2010, 7:36 pm

Don't know bout the rest of you but I thought this was epic.
Humanity is so weird.

"Huh this stuff is hot it hurts when I touch it....it creates clouds that smell bad and make it hard to breath. I shall call it fire and love it as my own child!"
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Ironwolf » May 24th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Concerning what to name a proposed method for punishing Sasuke everytime he attempted to defect, I posted this...
Bitch 'No' Jutsu
Ironwolf

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 30th, 2010, 9:17 am

Darkandus - Superhuman Love
So it's odd for superhuman boxers to have romance be a part of their lives? That's an odd thing to think. After all even if your superhuman you are still human, and humans need love. In fact it's probably best for someone who is considerably stronger than their peers to have a stable relationship with someone to limit the possibility of them getting all bored, killy and evil.

gman391 - on 'Hermione Granger x 'Nearly Headless' Nick' Pairing
Seriously? That's your pairing? What the hell are you smoking and why can't I get any?

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 24th, 2010, 3:58 am

Gman391 - "I'm Lawful Good not Lawful Stupid."

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gman391 » June 24th, 2010, 4:03 am

Now that makes me feel special. Thanks Zank

Almost makes me want to let you out of Purgatory.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 24th, 2010, 4:12 am

It was just such a good quote I had to add it, I was laughing hard from that line. :biggrin:

No, that was not an attempt to bribe you, after tempest getting on me and farmer earlier I stay completely out of character in unrelated threads.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Return to “%s” General Discussion