Novels by Michael Crichton

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Novels by Michael Crichton

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 21st, 2010, 4:17 pm

Was curious to know if anyone had an original hardcover copy of 'Eaters of the Dead' or seen one somewhere, was republished as 13th Warrior. Was looking for a copy after watching the movie with a friend and he told me it was actually a book by MC, which of course made me feel like the worst fan in existence since I did not know, and amazon wants around $200 for one.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Re: Novels by Michael Crichton

Unread postby Phht » June 21st, 2010, 5:50 pm

... Now I want to watch that movie again. Curse you!

EDIT: Why not get a paperback or softcover version instead? Or this "three-pack"?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 21st, 2010, 6:11 pm

Well good! It is one of the most epic movies ever made, everyone should watch it atleast once a year in my opinion.

I am getting a paperback version for now, but still wanting a hardcover copy for my library. I prefer to have the individual books when buying hardcovers instead of the 3-in-1 giant tomes (book just does not seem to fit with books that big), and I already have Sphere, did not like congo enough to get a copy. Thanks for the link though.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Nasdaq » June 22nd, 2010, 4:22 pm

I have a softcover version of it that is Eaters of the Dead. Actually, I own ALL of Michael Crichton's novels, saving Andromeda Strain for last as I work through all of them.

On TV Tropes, my fan fic having what amounted to a 80k+ word prologue was related to the fact I enjoy Crichton novels. That made me lul.

What is your favorite of his novels? Sphere was good, though Jurassic Park holds a special place in my heart for being my first novel, like, ever.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 22nd, 2010, 4:51 pm

Sphere is currently my favorite, but that will change once I am able to read EotD because I have come to believe that 'The book is always better than the movie.', and that rule has not been proven wrong so far. The rest go as so:

1. *reserved*
2. Sphere
3. Timeline
4. Jurassic Park
5. Prey
6. State of Fear
7. Congo

He is certainly one of my favorite authors, and I will eventually get all of his books, I just read so many different authors I run out of book-money pretty fast.
:biggrin:

Zankaru Zelladonii

Return to “%s” General Discussion