Evidence of Hell

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Evidence of Hell

Unread postby Kirai » June 26th, 2010, 7:30 pm

Well, in story the explanation for the telephaty not finding any info is simply that the demons can't see anything the human sees. They can only hear what the human replies to them. And they can send pictures themself.

So no getting to know humanity from that.

But the point was kinda more: What if revelations was right? So there needed to be an explanation for the low tech the demons and angels had in the revelations of the bible.

As for god. Mad with power and his own propaganda. He didn't use his powers to confirm anything because the thought that anybody even could lie to him never even corssed his mind.
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » June 26th, 2010, 7:40 pm

They might not lie to him, but as they are not as all wise and powerful as him they might be mistaken.

As for the low tech, it could be explained as just what they had, or it could be ancient Humans trying to think up what would it be awesome for these guys to have? Hell, I haven't read the bible in ages but isn't there a bit in revelations where someone regurgitates a freakin' Laser Sword? Or to be more accurate "A sword of Light" or something like that.

As for the whole telepathy thing why were they so worried about making sure world leaders and government buildings were insulated from the Demons' telepathy if they couldn't find out information without asking?
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » June 26th, 2010, 7:44 pm

But he would know about it if they were mistaken! Insane remember?^^

Eh, I haven't read the bible for possibly longer than you, couldn't tell you either.

Because a worldleader that hears voices and sees things is a very very bad thing? Also they can teleport to people they can come into contact with, so shilding the people commanding your nation seems like a good idea no?
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » June 26th, 2010, 7:46 pm

I suppose. I still think some of it is stupid, but that's just my opinion.
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » June 26th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Hehe, well I like it because for once it's not humans that get assraped by demons imune to everything but angels.
Kirai

Unread postby gman391 » June 26th, 2010, 10:07 pm

As for the low tech, it could be explained as just what they had, or it could be ancient Humans trying to think up what would it be awesome for these guys to have? Hell, I haven't read the bible in ages but isn't there a bit in revelations where someone regurgitates a freakin' Laser Sword? Or to be more accurate "A sword of Light" or something like that.
Yes Jesus does that right before taking back the Earth in Revelations.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby tjchaos » June 26th, 2010, 10:10 pm

My suggestion was mostly under the assumption that humanity would still be confined in planet Earth, but if it manages to find a way to explore the rest of the universe, sterilization or breeding restrictions would not be neccesary.
Good luck keeping me on the planet if I achieve immortality. :rollin:

Might take me 100 years after a (currently) normal lifespan but I'd escape, even if I have to build an old Orion design. :razz:
tjchaos

Unread postby Darkandus » June 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Yes Jesus does that right before taking back the Earth in Revelations.
...Well. That's that I suppose. Revelations is going straight into the bad fanfiction catagory of the Bible for me.
Darkandus

Unread postby doc.exe » June 27th, 2010, 1:01 am

The interesting thing about the book of Revelations is that it was not even conceived as a prediction for "The End of the World and Second coming of the Messiah" as it is usually interpreted nowadays.

The Apocalyptic genre of literature was written as a metaphor or alegory of the suffering of the Christian people during the time of the Roman persecutions, with the intention of encouraging faith and the belief that God will eventually make justice to the just and punish the sinners.

So in that sense, yes, it is fanfiction.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby GenghisQuan » June 27th, 2010, 1:59 pm

In-verse, it actually *is* fanfiction, written by some dude copying the words of some other dude that Michael got on a mushroom-induced rant.

I could buy all the justifications Stuart offered for why things are the way they are. The demons never telepathically riled through anyone's mind; their power is only to make you see what they want you to see. Thus, there is a ppoint to shielding your leaders so that doesn't happen. As for everyone teaming up, that *is* the most likely option. The ones who are religious to that extent all died, leaving only the ones who will either fight or just ignore everything, the latter of which is pretty much comprised of nations that isolate themselves from the world like Myanmar or North Korea. All in all, I found most thigns to be within my standards for plausibility.
GenghisQuan

Return to “%s” General Discussion