The Meek Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

The Meek Thread

Unread postby serbii » August 18th, 2010, 6:52 am

A thread for The Meek an awesomesauce webcomic I can't think of a decent summary for.
Oh wait there's an official one
The Meek is a graphic novel about Angora, an inexperienced young girl who has been sent on a quest to save the world. War looms on the horizon, and at its helm is the Emperor of the North and his hellish adviser. The two countries are overwhelmed with as much terror, crime, disease and revolution as they are with those who wish to create peace. Armed with only her instincts and an unexplainable power, she must experience and judge the world—and decide once and for all if it is truly worth saving.
Better than it sounds, just read it.
I've zipped the first two chapters: 1 and 2
Aren't RSS feeds are great?

For anyone who's been wondering who Luca is (as in all those "I picture Cain from VQ looking like Luca" comments), he's the protaganist of the second chapter.

There! now we have a thread. So who else is reading?
serbii

Re: The Meek Thread

Unread postby ewuvi » August 18th, 2010, 9:32 am

Me!

I'm pretty sure Luca is the villain of the series, seeing as his invisible giant animal is the opposite of Angora's and the superduper vague instructions Angora was given.
ewuvi

Unread postby doc.exe » August 18th, 2010, 9:55 am

I have only read the first chapter yet, but I agree: Is a great webcomic. The pacing makes it a bit more suitable to be read in batches, though.

I'm planning on reading chapter 2 during the weekend.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Greybane » August 19th, 2010, 12:53 am

It is great, but I only read it in batches as well.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby SLAMU » August 19th, 2010, 8:26 pm

I read it in splurges, so when it gets to four or five chapters or so, I'll dive back in. For now, I'm letting the buffer build up a little more...a little more...

Though I seem to prefer Luca as a sympathetic semiprotagonist to just another "mad dictator". There aren't enough webcomics writing the dictators in a sympathetic light.
SLAMU

Unread postby ewuvi » August 19th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Yep, I do love Luca. Although that may just be my personal preference towards short, older, snarky, with gloves. XD

He's lovable, yet clearly violently insane.
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » August 20th, 2010, 5:41 am

He is set up to be a sympathetic character, despite apparently being the "villain" of the story. It's nice when things aren't black and white.
Big Kitty doesn't help with his crazy.
serbii

Unread postby Greybane » August 20th, 2010, 3:43 pm

:agree:
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Return to “%s” General Discussion