Viridian Confessional Booth

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Viridian Confessional Booth

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 8th, 2010, 2:32 am

Out of amused boredom, lets have a confessional! Then you get told if your atonement or if you've committed a mortal sin.

Forgive me, forums, for I have sinned. I read all four Twilight novels and watched the movies. The books were a challenge from someone to actually put my money where my mouth was from criticizing the books.

The real problem was that I thought that, removed from Meyer's horrible writing, the movies were actually not bad for a B-movie...

I tried atoning by reading Black Hawk Down and Snow Crash, and then watching Ninja-Assassin. But I still feel the taint crawl beneath my skin...
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Re: Viridian Confessional Booth

Unread postby gman391 » September 8th, 2010, 2:36 am

Go and read Bram Stroker's Dracula my child and sin no more.

Hmm something horrible I've done?

Write a crappy fanfic? No...well yes but a lot of people have done that.
Oh I know I've never seen the original God Father. Forgive me.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Magnificate » September 8th, 2010, 3:44 am

Out of amused boredom, lets have a confessional!
Let's reflavour it, since confessions are really not something to make fun of.
Magnificate

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 8th, 2010, 3:54 am

You know, I never really considered it. Confessional jokes tend to be fairly standard fare compared to most, and tame, I hadn't considered anyone would find the premise questionable.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

Unread postby serbii » September 8th, 2010, 4:15 am

Eh, I read the Twilight series. It's neither as good nor as bad as everyone says. It's just kind of meh.
Haven't seen the movies.
serbii

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 8th, 2010, 5:28 am

It really isn't. I mean, it's not GOOD writing, but it's not the colossal soul crush. It is fun to make fun of it, but honestly, I actually see a lot in it that could have been good. It's honestly sad at all the wasted potential.

The movies are good simply because the actors are so damn talented. Robert Pattinson is going to have a career ahead of him, he's very Leonardo DiCaprio.
Nasdaq

Unread postby Kirai » September 8th, 2010, 6:57 am

Let's reflavour it, since confessions are really not something to make fun of.
Once again I have to ask that people don't put these giant red buttons in front of me. Why do they always do that? I'm just not good at resisting temptation!
Kirai

Unread postby Farmer_10 » September 8th, 2010, 10:15 am

I have never seen any of the Godfather movies, Scarface, Pulp Fiction or Blade Runner.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 8th, 2010, 10:48 am

Of those, I've never seen any of them except Blade Runner, and I didn't enjoy it, so I stopped watching it. I've tried on three separate occasions, and both the special version and normal version.
Nasdaq

Unread postby Nitramy » September 8th, 2010, 12:25 pm

I found the Godfather book a lot better than the films.

Read "Twilight", didn't think it was that bad at first.

Read it again, and I did a Keanu Reeves afterwards.

"Whoa."

Another thing:

I hacked in the Crissaegrim in Castlevania: SotN from the start.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » September 8th, 2010, 8:23 pm

I saw bladerunner and it was... alright. Nothing on judge dredd though, now that was awesome.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » September 11th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Re: Godfather movie; as long as it hasn't been too hyped up for you, you will probably find that it's a really good film and enjoy it. I thought so, anyway. Haven't seen all of Part II (my DVD player broke), but I liked that as well.

Confession... um... "My favourite film genre is 'western'" isn't much of one, is it?
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Magnificate » September 11th, 2010, 4:39 pm

So, not to be a spoilsport:

I find the fanservice overdosed and stupid Kamen no Maid Guy to be awesome. Kukuku!
I've liked Naruto's former catchphrase. Believe it!
Magnificate

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 11th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Despite entering anime on Gundam, Zoids, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Trigun, the first anime I ever spent money on was Onegai Teacher, and it's still one of my favorite series.

I'm a sucker for romance. :/
Nasdaq

Unread postby doc.exe » September 12th, 2010, 1:47 am

Well, while not one of my favorite movies, I actually liked Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I found it to be way better than the first movie of those characters. And I prefer that interpretation of Galactus as a shapeless cosmic entity than the giant guy with a goofy helmet that appears in the comics.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 14th, 2010, 3:51 am

I like the Pokemon anime.
For that matter, I like Eragon too. Not Eldest, Eldest was terrible. But the first book was all right.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Satori » September 14th, 2010, 5:33 am

I like the Pokemon anime.
There's nothing wrong with that. I was suuuuuuuuch a AAML 'shipper back in the day.

I like the TV show version of Harry Dresden better. If i didn't know better I'd think it was the original, and that the novel version of Murphy was sooooooo flanderized.
Satori

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 14th, 2010, 8:45 am

I enjoy the 4kids One piece, Pokemon, and Yu-gi-oh openings without irony.
bookworm702

Unread postby SLAMU » September 15th, 2010, 12:44 pm

I talk in movie theatres.
I'm Killroy.
I've read yaoi fics...and liked them.
No really, I'm Killroy.
I also have not watched the Godfather films, but my sister has.
I've watched chick flicks...some of them were pretty good.
I thought that Alien wasn't that great.
I cheat at cards.
Why won't anyone believe me?! I'm Killroy!
Nope, nothing I want to get off my chest.
SLAMU

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » September 15th, 2010, 1:24 pm

I like the TV show version of Harry Dresden better. If i didn't know better I'd think it was the original, and that the novel version of Murphy was sooooooo flanderized.
I saw the TV show before I was introduced to the books, and that is the only reason I liked the TV show at all.

My confession: After playing the first Dawn of War game for a few months, I stopped liking chaos and became an imperial. It was just a moment of weakness though.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Disconnected » September 15th, 2010, 8:36 pm

My confession I have never played a game of monopoly where I haven't cheated in some way.
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Phht » September 15th, 2010, 8:59 pm

I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the beginning.

Though maybe that's not a horrible thing. If I started watching Angel, on the other hand....
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby DidelotM1 » September 15th, 2010, 9:57 pm

I liked the Van Helsing movie. great popcorn flick.

I never understood the worship of Joss Whedon. to me he was and is very 'meh' and so were his shows. Yes, I've tried to watch them.

The Prequel trilogy of Star Wars, while not perfect to me, isn't the horrible blasphemy against all that is Star Wars.

Star Trek of any kind bores me to tears.

Anything that ends in 'and they all die' be it movie, game, TV show, or what not will generally be disliked by me despite any 'cred' it may have with it's fans or general public or whoever.

I read self insertion fan fiction and have enjoyed several, despite how disliked they tend to be.

I don't like Ramna 1/2 at all. Yes, I've tried to watch it.
DidelotM1

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 15th, 2010, 10:43 pm

I don't like Star Wars, not even the original Trilogy. Similarly, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy bored me to tears, as did the books. The only Star Trek I've ever enjoyed was Star Trek IV: the Voyage Home (the one with the whales), and the newest movie.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby serbii » September 16th, 2010, 4:22 am

Lord of the Rings was a spectacularly dull book. The moment it started to become kind of interesting they'd switch to another group of characters who were talking to fecking trees or discussing their ancestors.
I read all 1077 pages over the summer holidays before the first movie came out.
We were at the beach house and didn't have internet, cable TV and the only thing on free-to-air was cricket.

Another confession:
Thanks to that beach house I can now watch cricket and not have my organs spontaneously collapse from bordom. Hell, 20-20 is kind of good.
serbii

Return to “%s” General Discussion