My Faith in Humanity is Destroyed. Again.

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: My Faith in Humanity is Destroyed. Again.

Unread postby Phht » October 27th, 2010, 1:25 am

To be honest, Wonder Woman's costume design looks kinda nice. Not quite as fanservice-y as the original design. I'd probably take her a bit more seriously than the original costume (then again, I'd take someone seriously if they pranced around in the other outfit... because you don't want to be flippant if they turn out to be a crazy).

But Superman's design is awful.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby doc.exe » October 27th, 2010, 10:51 am

I don't find it to be horrible, just not appropriate for the character. At least it's supposed to be only for an alternate universe and not the regular continuity.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 27th, 2010, 11:49 am

Am I missing a picture? The only one I see is him starting to take off a coat.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 28th, 2010, 2:26 am

Does it matter?

Superman, is well, Superman. He;s not supposed to look like a hipster.

Oh, and Doc, remember that alternate continuities have an annoying habit of intruding into canon via retcon.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » October 30th, 2010, 1:50 am

Only if they prove popular among the fans or the creators... Of course I don't know if we should be relieved by that.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 13th, 2010, 1:48 pm

We shouldn't. Fans are an evolving species that constantly mutates.

If the old school fandom gains dominance, then we shall be saved the agony and despair of a retcon. However, if the ones attracted by this atrocity gain their societal dominance by the sheer effect of being the loudest and most annoying, then our hopes are in vain. Pray, pray everyone for this series of events to not occur, or we are doomed, and the fandom will be broken further into newer factions to respark the dreaded Fan Wars.

EDIT:

I remember seeing recently an article which mentioned that the military is considered a more desiriable job than working for Disney. While Disney's treatment of its' employees is very well known, it also goes in with the fact that many do consider the military far more desirable than the corporate world in general, at least in the US.

This applies to the uniformed services in general, despite the caricatures of law enforcement and the military often portrayed in the press in the past.

Admittedly, people respect those in professions where the risk of life and limb are an ever present risk, but when they become more desirable than professions which pay better, you know something's wrong in Corporate America. The fact that corporate leaders, and politicians, seem to miss this makes me both thankful, and afraid, for the Tea Party Movement.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” General Discussion