What are you dressing as for Halloween?

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

What are you dressing as for Halloween?

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 21st, 2010, 8:31 pm

Dunno if this has been done here, so decided to start this baby up.

I'm going en-femme Gothic this year, though I won't do it for my unit's run.

Made that mistake a few years ago, and trying to run in a corset is not something I'd recommend. Even if you managed to fit it properly.

Still waiting for the wig to come in. Doing the cosmetics will be interesting.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Re: What are you dressing as for Halloween?

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 22nd, 2010, 12:12 am

I doubt I'll dress up at all this year, but if I do, I'm going as Dave Davenport.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby serbii » October 22nd, 2010, 3:42 am

I won't dress up, being Australian and all.
When I was a kid I wished we had Halloween just for the lollies.

Actually, my friend had his birthday a couple of weeks ago and had it halloween themed. I went as a witch. So I guess that counts.
serbii

Unread postby SLAMU » October 24th, 2010, 3:43 am

Well, someone mentioned a blind reff to me today, and I think they had the right idea. Now, where to find the white blind person stick and the stripped shirt...
SLAMU

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 24th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Planning on going as Average Joe.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » October 24th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Hmmm... I wanted to go as something for the kids, ya know. Put them in the Halloween spirit. Show them what the holiday is all about...

But since I don't have access to a Pennywise or don't have the skill or want to design a Pyramid Head helmet (or the money to pay for one) I'm pretty much shot out for this year... maybe next year though.
Arganaut

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » October 24th, 2010, 1:23 pm

A lady of the Faerie.
I have this really awesome purple dress that is too fancy to wear on almost any other day, so I am gleefully seizing this chance to wear it. And some nice sparkly wings from a few years ago.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Magnificate » October 24th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Same here, except being Polish.

Halloween is one of these traditionons unlikely to catch on here, because it's silly. ;)
Magnificate

Unread postby Kirai » October 24th, 2010, 6:26 pm

I refuse to dress up for Karneval and I live near cologne! What makes you think I dress up for Halloween?
Kirai

Unread postby Farmer_10 » October 24th, 2010, 7:05 pm

I've personally had the dubious pleasure of costume-ing. The first time
I was clown ( at least I think I was a clown) at some kid I don't knows birthday party. The second was for Carnaval. No real theme to it just some kind of shiny blue fabric with rhinestones and sequins all over it. It was as flamboyant as it sounds. And itchy as f___.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby doc.exe » October 25th, 2010, 12:39 am

Same here, except being Polish.

Halloween is one of these traditionons unlikely to catch on here, because it's silly. ;)
Well, like many other things from the US, Mexico has pretty much absorbed that tradition thanks to cultural osmosis.

I'm not particular fond of it though, and I prefer our own tradition (Día de Muertos, trans. Day of the Dead) anyway. Also, I'm pretty sure I would look incredibly ridiculous in a costume.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Kodra » October 25th, 2010, 1:27 pm

There's a Halloween Party at our Local Game Store, and I'm going to work on throwing together a quick Commander Keen costume (See Avatar)
Kodra

Unread postby Greybane » October 29th, 2010, 2:42 am

From the U.S. here, and I still prefer Dia de Muertos. Usually hold my own little thing for it. Butchering it of course, but still, never like going in costume much.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby SLAMU » October 29th, 2010, 2:51 am

Ah, if only I could get the Lovecraftian costume to work...

Note to self; next year, make sure that the shoggoths made of black pudding are prepared propperly, post the Elder Sign in the yard, and keep the cd player out of sight as it plays the wierd sounds of cultists chanting. Get the Cluthulu Christmas CD, see if that helps the atmosphere. (Who wouldn't enjoy* songs like "I saw Mommy kissing Yog Saggoth"?)

*be scarred at a young age, likely mentally
SLAMU

Unread postby Farmer_10 » October 29th, 2010, 5:30 pm

You forgot 'Cthulhu's dreamin' of the last Christmas' and 'The 12 days in Innsmouth'.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Return to “%s” General Discussion