Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Universe

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Univer

Unread postby MorphCrossing » August 20th, 2015, 11:28 pm

In Japan they would relate Himawari to a Zashiki-warashi for that last scene. Others would say she is carrying on one of Kushina's traits.
Spoiler: show
Being able to one shot her father with a Gentle Fist strike to the opening point in his hara shows that it really is the quiet and demure ones you should fear.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Unread postby doc.exe » December 27th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Not sure if anyone here is still interested about it, but...

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I would be lying if I said I’m no longer fan of the franchise. In spite of all the flaws that part II had, I still like the series overall and I actually like the next generation characters a lot. In that sense, a part of me wants to see more from them.

On the other hand, the fact that the storyline was pretty much completed at the end of the manga yet they will continue milking the franchise till the end of times, plus the possibility of a “Dragon Ball GT” coming, all leave a bad taste in my mouth. I would probably be less concerned if they let it rest at least a couple of years, like they did with Dragon Ball after GT, before releasing more material (then again, the Shippuden anime is still ongoing and at the current rate of fillers, who know if it will be ever finished :roll:).

The only things that reassure me about it is that, while Kishimoto will continue to supervise this new series, the actual writer is the one who wrote the Gaara Hidden novel and the co-writer of the Boruto movie, and that it will be a monthly serialization instead of a weekly one (I have said it before, but I think many of the problems of part II could have been solved if the series had been released monthly instead of weekly).

I just hope it genuinely centers on the new generation and leaves the old guard on the sidelines (because, seriously, after the members of the Ootsutsuki clan, what thing could be out there that could challenge Naruto and Sasuke at all).
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » May 5th, 2016, 11:57 am

Well, the first chapter of Boruto is out.... and the art quality's certainly a step down, while the first plot is that of the Movie with in-media-res at the start.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 5th, 2016, 9:31 pm

I probably will wait until... you know. They finish the movie retread. By then, hopefully they'll have grown the beard.

But yeah. It's obvious they changed artist style.

I'm not hating the art style, specifically. It's just. You know. A bit more shojo-ish than usual. Snape, Snape, Sasuke Snape. Snape, Snape, Sasuke Snape. (NARUTO!)

Also, Sarada looks like a pirate. Is she a pirate? Are you a pirate, Sarada? "Pirates are in this year!"

I am interested in the fact that it's fairly obvious that there appears to be an endgame for this story already planned. Which is nice.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby doc.exe » May 8th, 2016, 10:16 pm

I’m not surprised the new manga took the Dragon Ball Super route of recapping the movie (the first promotional image kind of hinted that). I actually welcome it to a certain degree, as it seems it will give a bit more spotlight to the secondary characters. For example, they added that scene with the new Inoshikachou team that reveals Moegi is their Jounin sensei.

The art on the other hand is going to become an acquired taste at best. It’s not bad per se, but the characters look really odd, and I’m not fan of several of the redesigns. It also looks rushed at certain points.

Now, while I’m glad that apparently they have an endgame planned in mind, I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand I like that older Boruto apparently got/developed some sort of Sage powers and has some sort of Byakugan derived doujutsu (although it might possibly be a transplant, given that massive scar running through his face). On the other hand, I don’t like the implication in that flash forward that Naruto died and Konoha was destroyed (so much for everlasting peace :-( ).

Also, after how the Naruto and Sasuke’s “destined battle of destined destiny between destined rivals” was handled in the previous manga (plus the negative effects that it being the endgame had on the plot), the last thing I wanted was another one for this manga.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Return to “%s” General Discussion