Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Universe

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Universe

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 5th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Well, here's the newest thread for discussing Naruto. Have fun guys.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Re: Naruto Discussion 4: Discussion at the End of the Univer

Unread postby Phht » November 5th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Woo first page of new thread! :D

We can only hope that we don't make it to a fifth thread before the series ends.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Wittgen » November 5th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Last thread took about a year. I'm not convinced there's less than 50ish chapters of Naruto left. Am I missing something?
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 5th, 2010, 11:46 pm

It really looks like Kishi is setting up for a wrap-up from where I'm sitting.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » November 5th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Still looks like at least twenty issues left from what I see
5-10 issues on the larger fight
5-10 on flashbacks
5-10 on individual fights
And maybe a chapter or two of epilogue
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 5th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Nice thread name. :biggrin:

I wonder if tsunade is going to die in this. Orochimaru and jiraiya are both gone now, plus naruto still needs to become hokage before the series ends.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Darkandus » November 6th, 2010, 12:09 am

Spoiler: show
Everyone dies. The cycle of hatred is ended by there being no more chakra users, bringing about peace...for a time.
Darkandus

Unread postby Magnificate » November 6th, 2010, 8:10 am

I'd say I'll probably be disappointed by any character deaths in the final arc. Perhaps save for the villains. After everyone survived the destruction of Konoha it'll be hard to make protagonists' deaths meaningful.
Magnificate

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 6th, 2010, 9:41 am

I'm figuring most of the sensei will die, as will most, if not all, of the Kage.

Anyone get the feeling that Madara expects Kabuto to betray him? We know that Kabuto intends to kill Sasuke, if Naruto of Sasuke don't ill him first. As for the elite zombjas, somehow I think Itachi will be doing something to try and turn Sasuke, or will fight Naruto.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 6th, 2010, 10:36 am

I think Itachi's final gift will be protecting kyuubi from the Sharingans influence. Therefore freeing up Narutos use of it.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby spudman » November 6th, 2010, 3:57 pm

*sniff* Ah, gotta love that new thread smell.
As for the elite zombjas, somehow I think Itachi will be doing something to try and turn Sasuke, or will fight Naruto.
If he has any sense, Kabuto wouldn't let Itachi have enough free will to even speak.
spudman

Unread postby Magnificate » November 6th, 2010, 4:14 pm

If he has any sense, Kabuto wouldn't let Itachi have enough free will to even speak.
For that matter, does Zombie!Itachi have Sharingan or not?
Magnificate

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 6th, 2010, 4:25 pm

The Shodai still had the Mokuton when Orochimaru did his thing. It's pretty probable that all these zombies come out at full strength.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Magnificate » November 6th, 2010, 4:43 pm

The Shodai still had the Mokuton when Orochimaru did his thing. It's pretty probable that all these zombies come out at full strength.
Yes, but I meant the fact that Sasuke took Itachi's Sharingan eyes after their fight. Unless Madara lends him some from his collection. ;)
Magnificate

Unread postby Phht » November 6th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Actually, the better question would be - would Itachi be blind? After all, he was going blind by the time of his death. Even if he was brought back with a Sharingan (which would probably be likely, if Hizashi is actually usable after being killed by the CBS and Deidara is whole after blowing himself to bits), wouldn't his eyes still be in terrible condition? Or maybe Edo revives the target in their prime, rather than most intact state prior to death.

To be totally honest, Nagato would be a bigger game breaker than Itachi. Rinnegan, any one? He can use Deva powers to smash entire divisions if need be, given that he nearly obliterated Konoha in one shot already. And Madara has a Rinnegan eye as well. So couldn't he also use that ability? Akatsuki doesn't even need the Zetsu army if Nagato and Madara can use that power shot ability. They can trade off - Pein fires, then Madara fires while Pein recharges, then Pein fires while Madara recharges, etc. Once all the divisions have been smashed, the rest of the zombies can sweep in to mop up the survivors.

--

And I'm still confused as to why Kiri is now up next to Kumo when in Part I during the Chunin Exam it was shown to be down in the islands southeast of Fire Country.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby doc.exe » November 6th, 2010, 5:46 pm

Either a mistake on part of the translator or a serious continuity mistake on part of the author. Or maybe there are two villages named Mist? *shrugs*

As to the super Shinra Tensei, Konan mentioned something about Nagato shortening his life span by using the technique at that level... But he is already dead and Madara is inmortal. So the only drawback would be the time needed to recharge it.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 6th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Did a quick wiki-check to confirm this. We've all been overlooking a major mechanic of the Edo Tensei and how it works. Kabuto isn't taking actual corpses and reviving them. He's using living people as sacrifices to forcibly summon peoples souls and RECREATING their bodies. So there's good odds these guys are all being summoned at full Bloodlimit strength with all their gamebreaking eyes intact.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 6th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Did a quick wiki-check to confirm this. We've all been overlooking a major mechanic of the Edo Tensei and how it works. Kabuto isn't taking actual corpses and reviving them. He's using living people as sacrifices to forcibly summon peoples souls and RECREATING their bodies. So there's good odds these guys are all being summoned at full Bloodlimit strength with all their gamebreaking eyes intact.
Aye, we talked about that in the last thread.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » November 6th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Either a mistake on part of the translator or a serious continuity mistake on part of the author. Or maybe there are two villages named Mist? *shrugs*
Another possibility: the land controlled by the "Mist" village/country encompasses those islands and what was shown recently. Hey, if early-modern Europe did it...
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Phht » November 6th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Except they clearly state that the village was in the path of the land advance of Madara's army. And that section of territory was not shown to be the home of Kiri in the Chunin Exam map. So unless that took that land and then moved their hidden village to it....
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Disconnected » November 7th, 2010, 1:42 am

The original location was a lie sent out by Kiri to confuse attackers, but now that their all in one big alliance they had to reveal the true location.
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Lthayer3 » November 7th, 2010, 2:01 am

Or maybe Mei decided she didn't want to live on an island and had the village moved?

Or Tobi flushed the village when he was done with it, and that's where they decided to rebuild?

Or the village on the island is really the evil twin village where the crazy killers all come from, while the mainland one has all the good friendly characters?

Or everyone in Mist decided that since Cloud was so awesome, they might become more awesome themselves by moving closer?

Or an earthquake happened that created a huge tsunami that flooded Mist, and the villagers figured that living underwater wouldn't be much fun?

We can make up all sorts of excuses. The reality: either Kishi doesn't remember his own story's geography, he just doesn't care, or he's created a second Mist village for kicks and giggles.

Besides, having major villages in bordering countries like that doesn't make sense from what we've seen of the Naruto world's history. The smaller countries act as buffer zones and protectorates. Kiri and Kumo being that close would just be insane. Kumo would have to go through Kiri to go anywhere (by land), and there are so many ways that it just wouldn't work unless the two villages never fought each other.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » November 7th, 2010, 2:41 am

I can see the "accidentally named a throwaway village wrong". Though Iwa => Rock, but it's labeled Stone on the map and there's a Rock south of it just above Sand. Hot Springs, at least, is canon prior to this. Hidan came from there. We just didn't have a known location for it to be until now. I'm also hilariously amused that Sound is listed on the map, but no one cares about them because their evacuation isn't ordered. Rain and Grass aren't shown because a speech bubble covers that spot. The "original" location for Mist is also covered by a speech bubble.

A thought - what's the JP for that spot in the chapter? Maybe one of the translations comes out to "Mist" and the translators forgot there was a Hidden Mist elsewhere and for them to use a different definition choice.

Of course, the scale of the turtle on that map indicates a much smaller Elemental Countries than fanon generally thinks. Kishi already lengthened one island and likely shifted another southwest to compensate (or added after merging the other into the lengthened island) - that became Whirlpool Country - so maybe he decided that the "island" grouping where Water Country and Kiri used to be was actually Wave Country and moved those two up next to Kumo?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby doc.exe » November 7th, 2010, 2:54 am

I can see the "accidentally named a throwaway village wrong". Though Iwa => Rock, but it's labeled Stone on the map and there's a Rock south of it just above Sand. Hot Springs, at least, is canon prior to this. Hidan came from there. We just didn't have a known location for it to be until now. I'm also hilariously amused that Sound is listed on the map, but no one cares about them because their evacuation isn't ordered. Rain and Grass aren't shown because a speech bubble covers that spot. The "original" location for Mist is also covered by a speech bubble.

A thought - what's the JP for that spot in the chapter? Maybe one of the translations comes out to "Mist" and the translators forgot there was a Hidden Mist elsewhere and for them to use a different definition choice.
That part about Stone and Rock could also be a mistake on part of the translators. Curiously, one of the fillers in the anime actually had a "Stone Country".
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MEKristian » November 11th, 2010, 1:34 am

Well Gaara, it seems if this Commander-in-Chief gig doesn't work out, you could go around being a motivational speaker!

And it's nice of Kabuto to let his puppets have pointless banter and nice chats in between all the killing.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Return to “%s” General Discussion