The Music Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: The Music Thread

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 2nd, 2013, 10:01 pm

It has been nearly a month, so going to double-post here.

Anyone know any good sad/relaxing music like this?

"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gman391 » November 3rd, 2013, 3:02 am

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby mialimos » August 8th, 2014, 12:44 am

My favorite bands are kinda old in the industry... i like Metallica, Gin Blossoms, Matchbox 20 and 3 Doors Down
mialimos

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 8th, 2014, 7:50 am

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't like a lot of more recent music. Give me classic things, like Billy Joel. I absolutely ADORE Piano Man, even went to his concert in DC a few weeks ago!

But I have to admit, a LOT of the music I listen to is from a number of Gundam OSTs. In particular, SEED, 00, and Unicorn. My most recent top favorite? Sternengesang:
Spoiler: show
Beautiful... :TT_TT:
Also, On Your Mark, also from the Unicorn OST:
Spoiler: show
Which is also beautiful... :TT_TT:

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone could direct me to sheet music for a piano arrangement of Sternengesang and/or On Your Mark I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. I've actually had about 8 or 9 years of piano lessons, and I have attempted to play a number of songs from SEED (I love Fields of Hope (which, after about a year of listening to somewhat frequently, still makes me all teary-eyed...), Akatsuki no Kuruma, Meteor, and so on), to varying degrees of success.
NOTE: I'm asking about a piano arrangement because I know that just the piano part of the song won't have anywhere CLOSE to the full effect of the song.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MEKristian » August 8th, 2014, 10:39 pm

A quick search earned you On Your Mark, which is technically just Unicorn played differently, but eh, trivia.

Currently out-of-luck for Sternengesang though which is the second half of 5TH MOV. GUNDAM with lyrics, which isn't super surprising considering it came out in May-June.

But Hiroyuki Sawano is Japan's new musical God. See the Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill soundtracks.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 9th, 2014, 7:14 pm

While I realize that On Your Mark is really just a variation of Unicorn, they feel like two COMPLETELY different things. Part of that is because On Your Mark is more of a 'massive, earth-changing non-violent event' (well, that event did kind of turn violent...) song, while Unicorn was used for 'emotional reunion, loss, and, moments later, protagonist's first battle.'
So yeah. Intellectually, I recognize that On Your Mark is pretty much Unicorn, but emotionally (there's probably a more appropriate word...), they are far too different.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MEKristian » August 9th, 2014, 9:35 pm

So yeah. Intellectually, I recognize that On Your Mark is pretty much Unicorn, but emotionally (there's probably a more appropriate word...), they are far too different.
Well duh, that's part of what makes the Unicorn Soundtracks so great; hearing all the motifs being used over and over again with completely different meanings behind them.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Return to “%s” General Discussion