A (literal) Shout Out Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

A (literal) Shout Out Thread

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 3rd, 2010, 8:52 pm

For those of you who wish to experiance my dulcet tones, and find out what's going on, follow the link: TK's Voice
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Re: A (literal) Shout Out Thread

Unread postby Dervon » December 3rd, 2010, 9:08 pm

Awesome TK!

Goddamn, looks like we're running the gamut when it comes to accents. Most excellent!

Re-posting:

Derping the derp.

(As per my original post, over-the-top VA due to the bit containing the book's two most over-the-top characters. That's my excuse!)
Dervon

Unread postby serbii » December 3rd, 2010, 9:14 pm

Reposting mine.
Context: I'm talking about voicing someone in the Nobody Dies audio version

I'll probably post something longer later.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » December 3rd, 2010, 9:51 pm

My one. Apparently it's not horrible. :biggrin:
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » December 4th, 2010, 7:51 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?caa7gl94hk7f74x

Soooo here's something longer, part of a Vampire Quest post actually since I wanted to try acting something instead of just reading and see what it sounded like. I wasn't going to post it and do a NQ one instead but then I got too lazy to record something else.
Thanks to a combination of
- "I don't know my lines and am trying to concentrate on reading" monotone
- my voice
- breathing too much on the microphone
- Did it in one take.
I sound like I'm going to burst into tears through most of it. Ahahahahaha!
Lucy's lines were deliberate in that (and hopefully not atrociously narmy) but all the narration part was not XD
Jeeze, if it sounds like I'm about to cry with every damn line maybe I really should try out for Asuka. But I know I'll get it due to lack of competition, then I'll have to do it you know? >_>
I don't think it suits either.

I'm going to go :oops: in a corner now.
serbii

Unread postby Dervon » December 4th, 2010, 10:31 am

-Monotone was unnoticeable, imo.

-The breathing is something most of us will probably come across while doing these, since we lack the professional training to mask and integrate breathing techniques into our sessions. Also, I'd call it "audibly breathing while recording", rather then "breathing on the microphone". One of my earlier takes had the mic waaaay too close to my face, and then breathing out would of course distort the sound for the split second when it occurred. THAT was breathing on the mic, lawl. Needless to say, I moved the mic a fair bit away after that take.
Dervon

Unread postby Magnificate » December 6th, 2010, 6:12 am

Reposted, My Voice Preview, I’ll upload more as time permits.

EDIT: One more Voice Sample with text (last paragraph of serbii's guest-post in FQ) for reference:
"Wortier takes stock of the situation and makes his move, he grabs Ryoko’s wrist and sprints down the hall with her in hot pursuit, neither of them turn to see if they’re being followed. She staggers a little at first, the morning exercise having tired her out but the adrenalin kicks in as she follows him down sun dappled stone hallways, a small smile growing on her face. Before she knows it, it’s a race. The two of them tearing down an empty hallway their hair and clothes flying. She reaches the wall first, just and slaps her hand against it in victory before slumping to the ground, giggling through her exhausted breathing. He joins her sitting against the wall, his face red and hair awry, trying to look composed."

Yeah, no wonder I always get the worst scores on speaking parts of language exams.
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » December 6th, 2010, 6:55 am

HUGS! HUGS FOR EVERYONE WITH AN ACCENT!
:biggrin:
eheeheeheeheehee
This is fun :3
serbii

Unread postby Dervon » December 6th, 2010, 9:53 am

This thread is the bomb yo, diggity. XD

And now, for something slightly different.

FFFF-, dunno why I seemed to have trouble on "nor cheering crowds"... That little three-word bit killed, like, four takes. (-.-')
Dervon

Return to “%s” General Discussion