~*~ Farewells ~*~

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

~*~ Farewells ~*~

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 23rd, 2010, 5:41 pm

Well everyone, it has been a fun few months and I enjoyed the site beyond words. Even the part about this site making me an FF addict, it is a good pain.

Will be heading out on the 28th for texas to enter Air Force basic training and will not be able to get online for most likely 3-4+ months. Already having nightmares of coming home to ten thousand FF alerts.
:biggrin:

Anyways since I will be gone the following threads will not be able to update, unless there is some mod power that would let someone edit the thread besides me. If yall want you can keep posting recommendations and when I am finally able to will update the master list.
Epic Quotes
Fanfiction Rec Threads
FireFly
Star Wars
Doctor Who
Warhammer 40k

Hope everyone has a fun new years!
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Re: ~*~ Farewells ~*~

Unread postby Darkandus » December 23rd, 2010, 5:46 pm

Farewell. Even if you are Chaos spawn, it was fun having you around. :biggrin:
Come back when you can.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby gman391 » December 23rd, 2010, 6:10 pm

Bye Zank. Hope it all works out for you
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby serbii » December 23rd, 2010, 6:31 pm

:( bye bye. Come Back and best of luck
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm

Bye Zank. Good luck learning how to be a terror in the sky.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Phht » December 23rd, 2010, 6:41 pm

Actually, since he's going to basic instead of Academy or OCS or whatever, he won't be a pilot but rather more likely to be part of the ground support peoples. ;)

In any case, good luck!
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Magnificate » December 23rd, 2010, 6:50 pm

Farewell!
Magnificate

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 23rd, 2010, 7:17 pm

Actually, since he's going to basic instead of Academy or OCS or whatever, he won't be a pilot but rather more likely to be part of the ground support peoples. ;)

In any case, good luck!
Addendum: Good luck learning how to buff our terrors in the sky.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 23rd, 2010, 7:48 pm

Have fun becoming an Armchair Zoomie.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » December 23rd, 2010, 7:51 pm

Farewell and good luck Zank!
Arganaut

Unread postby SLAMU » December 23rd, 2010, 8:24 pm

Take care, you crazed worshiper of the Ruinious Powers Zank. Try come and visit us when you get back from The Eye of Terror training, we'll miss you.
SLAMU

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 23rd, 2010, 8:32 pm

Bye zank, Have fun going where its actually warm and the roads aren't covered in 6 inches of snow.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby SLAMU » December 23rd, 2010, 8:45 pm

Such places exist?!
SLAMU

Unread postby doc.exe » December 23rd, 2010, 9:31 pm

Errr... I live in one. (Is actually colder right now because of the winter, but at least no snow).

Anyway:

Good luck Zankaru! I hope everything turns out great and you can come back to terrorize us once more.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Random_fan » December 23rd, 2010, 11:37 pm

Farewell Zank, have fun.
Random_fan

Unread postby Wittgen » December 24th, 2010, 12:01 am

Good luck in the air force.
Wittgen

Unread postby viridian » December 24th, 2010, 1:13 am

Good luck and stay safe!

Did I ever mention how many people I played D&D with in High School were in the Air Force? (Barksdale AFB was right across the river from Shreveport in Bossier City.) Hopefully you'll find it a relatively geek-rich environment.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 24th, 2010, 7:52 am

*waves* Farewell! Good fortune!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Nasdaq » December 24th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Copycat! But seriously, major grats! Welcome to the big family, glad you picked the right service. :P I just got done Basic at Lackland, just remember, go meal to meal; the days are long but the weeks are short. And make sure you work out every night. 1 by 3s really do help!

Drop me a message when you get on Base Lib after graduating, via the site. You can do it at the USO or the library. I'll meet you somewhere, maybe. Would be cool to meet another fan. I'm still at Lackland for Security Forces technical training.

Which reminds me, what's your job going to be, and rank?

In any case, good luck!
Addendum: Good luck learning how to buff our terrors in the sky.
Or, if he's like me and goes security forces: Learning how to shoot people who put fingerprints on our terrors of the sky.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby Minion » December 24th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Fortune be with you.
Minion

Unread postby Greybane » December 24th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Good luck!
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 24th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Thanks yall. :biggrin:

Yeah, I will be on the ground, no flying for this daemon. I don't mind heights and look forward to skydiving, but I don't like the idea of dogfighting or boring, long flights.

I am in florida right now, no snow, but it actually got down to 40f the other night. :panic:

I am in the presence of the authorlord?! Im not worthy! Im not worthy! :bow (I hope so, huge sci-fi/fantasy geek here.)

I will try to remember, nasdaq. Will write it down in perma-ink somewhere so I don't forget, but I am not expecting to remember my own name after the fiction withdrawals end.
:biggrin:
I am not sure what job yet, just picked mechanical area to get moving quicker. Signed up in jan 2010 and only just now managed to get in. Will be doing something in that list though. Got 92 overall on my ASVAB so could be pretty much anything. I won't be doing security though, been told by a few people that security and piloting were both dead ends, meaning you will most likely be doing that job forever if you pick it.

Thanks for the well wishes minion, even if I don't know you it is appreciated.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Nasdaq » December 25th, 2010, 2:40 am

Not quite dead ends, but they are critically manned, meaning it's basically necessary to transfer into another job that is also critically manned. But, first term airman get whatever they want when they reenlist anyway, part of signing on again basically gives you leeway to choose any job you want that you qualify with. But if you are open mechanical, you'll likely get some sort of maintenance job on jets or something.

Me? I picked SecFo, and love it so far. Going to do special duty to train for CATM, Combat Arms Training and Maintenance, as I just love me some guns. Of course, that's a shred of SecFo, not a separate job. SecFo also means you can get some crazy training; jump school, Ranger school, Phoenix Ravens, Counter Sniper, even SEAL school. Also works well into OSI. Not for everyone, of course, but it's not a dead-end by any measure.

As per ASVAB, nice score. (I got the same number. :P)
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 25th, 2010, 3:32 am

Heh, so did I. I just ended up being stupid and trusting the guys at the MEPs station when they told me I'd be able to pick whatever job I wanted once Basic was done with (almost became a Nuke, but missed it by a couple points, and then the waiver test by about 5 points). Turns out that at the end of Basic, you could indeed pick any job. So long as the school had an opening. The selection that year was sparse. Ended up picking Yeoman because my other choices were either on subs, or mechanical (and I wasn't all that mechanically inclined, still aren't). And every time someone hears about my ASVAB score, the first thing out of their mouths is "so you decided to become a Yeoman?!"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 25th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Spoiler: show
Not quite dead ends, but they are critically manned, meaning it's basically necessary to transfer into another job that is also critically manned. But, first term airman get whatever they want when they reenlist anyway, part of signing on again basically gives you leeway to choose any job you want that you qualify with. But if you are open mechanical, you'll likely get some sort of maintenance job on jets or something.

Me? I picked SecFo, and love it so far. Going to do special duty to train for CATM, Combat Arms Training and Maintenance, as I just love me some guns. Of course, that's a shred of SecFo, not a separate job. SecFo also means you can get some crazy training; jump school, Ranger school, Phoenix Ravens, Counter Sniper, even SEAL school. Also works well into OSI. Not for everyone, of course, but it's not a dead-end by any measure.

As per ASVAB, nice score. (I got the same number. :P)
Heh, so did I. I just ended up being stupid and trusting the guys at the MEPs station when they told me I'd be able to pick whatever job I wanted once Basic was done with (almost became a Nuke, but missed it by a couple points, and then the waiver test by about 5 points). Turns out that at the end of Basic, you could indeed pick any job. So long as the school had an opening. The selection that year was sparse. Ended up picking Yeoman because my other choices were either on subs, or mechanical (and I wasn't all that mechanically inclined, still aren't). And every time someone hears about my ASVAB score, the first thing out of their mouths is "so you decided to become a Yeoman?!"
Most likely your right, I don't really have a preference for what I do at the moment so whatever is open. (Going in as an E3)

That is a lot of training! Sounds fun.

All three of us got the same score? That is weird. :biggrin:

Well my recruiter warned me there might not be openings in what I want, and I might get stuck with a boring job, but I can change jobs in a few years so I figured it is preferable to picking a job and waiting another year for an opening.

A yeoman? I am mostly neutral towards paperwork, don't like it, but it won't drive me insane to do it. I don't like sitting still unless I am doing something I like though, so no way am I picking that.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Return to “%s” General Discussion