Ze Wolf Game - Game over man - time to ridicule the GM

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Ze Wolf Game - Game over man - time to ridicule the GM

Unread postby leon89 » February 8th, 2011, 1:39 am

Any good suggested changes can be incorporated

************** RULES **************

This is Wolf Game!

The Aim of the Game
If you are wolf you must try to steer the daytime voting towards lynching other humans, the game is won when the number of wolves equals the number of humans. Wolves know who other wolves are.
If you are a human you must try to vote off the wolves during the day and humans know only that they are human. Wolves win when there are an equal or fewer number of humans, and humans win when all wovles are dead.

Special roles
Some players will be assigned special roles, however other player will not be told who they are or what the roles are. Some roles act only during the night and will only be revealed "publicly" when that person acts, Some roles act during the day and when that person acts I shall step in a confirm the action.
If a person is a special they are human, you cannot be a wolf and a special.
There is no requirement to conceal your special roles, however you'll have to convince people that you're telling the truth and not just a wolf seeding confusion

Here are some possible roles (with some data missing to make the game interesting). Note some roles might not be posted in this list and some might be changed.

Angel - Can guard one player every night, if the wolves try and murder that person they will fail and everyone will know who they tried to kill - in this case the identity of who was being guarded will be revealed. The angel may guard themselves.
Medic - Can decide to autopsy 1 body a game
The Seer will be told the identity of one random person at the start of the game, if that person is killed they will be told the identity of another person (not necessarily straight away) and so on

Gameplay
The game starts with a Non player killed (it would be a bit evil to kill a real player first day), a lynch mob forms and lynches someone.
Then night then starts, all wolves must PM me their vote for who to eat, the person with the most votes gets eaten - in the event of a tie I shall decide between the two with a random number.
During the night the angel must also submit his protection choice to me.
The next day then starts, people vote...
The night starts, wolf and special votes submitted...
and so on
days will be roughly a real day long, possibly longer depending on how close the voting is going and what's going on IRL for[quote][/quote] the mod
Remember, the wolf game is about watching how other people vote and guessing their role, it's all psychology - if you vote it's not necessary but it's more fun if you post the reasoning behind your vote

Other rules

1. Private messaging is allowed, that's just talking out of the group.
2. Private messaging from dead people should be reported, it's cheating.
3. Posts from dead people should not give away any information, and shouldn't really exist at all, but a dying comment is fine.
4. No posts should be made by anyone during the night, if you do post I reserve the right to have two wolf kills that night (depending on what is said of course)
5. In the event of a tie during the wolf voting then I will choose a random one to kill
6. In the event of a tie during the human voting in the day then it is a tie and no one is killed that day.
7. Any player inactive for more than two days should post saying so (in the OOC portion of their post) and have a good RL reason (3 days is an automatic kill)
8. if a player is continuously inactive (or is often inactive) he can be kicked from the game, or killed of by the mod.
9. Any information from the mod to you is CONFIDENTIAL you many NOT post it or pm it. (note you may post quotes of him if they are public, and, if you link to the public thread where they were made)

Well what does every one think. there are more roles for specials, but considering the amount of active members, i'm not sure this game would work out to well.

Votes should be bold Red

Players:
Alive:

serbii
Kirai
DaisyHeadMayzie
SLAMU
Dead:
Flux_Blade - Lynched Day 1
AshBellringer - 'Eaten' Night 1
gman391 - Lynched Day 2
Ristridin - 'Eaten' Night 2
Magnificate - Lynched Day 3
Greybane - Inactive Day 3
Spencinator - Suicide Night 4
Random_fan - Eaten Night 4
Last edited by leon89 on February 19th, 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Re: Ze Wolf Game

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 8th, 2011, 2:16 am

Sure. Sounds like fun!
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby gman391 » February 8th, 2011, 2:21 am

Sure why the hell not maybe I can keep the mafia from winning for once.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby leon89 » February 8th, 2011, 3:04 am

updated first post

Votes should be bold Red
Nope
leon89

Unread postby serbii » February 8th, 2011, 4:23 am

We've played Mafia a few times on this forum. The last one I ran I think, SquareEnix theme and the Mafia won.
Thanks for starting a new game.

I'm in.
serbii

Unread postby Magnificate » February 8th, 2011, 4:32 am

Missed the last Mafia, so I'm in.
Magnificate

Unread postby Kirai » February 8th, 2011, 4:56 am

*Still munches on his large ham* I'm in^^
Kirai

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 8th, 2011, 6:51 am

I'm in. ^_^
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Ristridin » February 8th, 2011, 9:36 am

I'm in as well.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » February 8th, 2011, 9:52 am

Oh goody, I'm in.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Random_fan » February 8th, 2011, 10:26 am

I like these so I'm in.
Random_fan

Unread postby leon89 » February 8th, 2011, 1:32 pm

I'm leaving applications open until 3pm my time tomorrow.

It is 11:32 am when I posted this
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Greybane » February 8th, 2011, 3:18 pm

I would be interested.

And I thought that the HP mafia was the most recent?
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby DaisyHeadMayzie » February 8th, 2011, 4:20 pm

I'll play
DaisyHeadMayzie

Unread postby SLAMU » February 8th, 2011, 6:58 pm

It's an omen, I tell you. Every time someone starts one of these games, my internet goes out. I'll catch the next on, I think.

Or maybe I'll throw my hat in.
SLAMU

Unread postby Kirai » February 8th, 2011, 7:14 pm

I wanna be mafia again. I had soo much fun last game.

FWEHEHEHEHE

Oh wait... I'm a prime suspect for that aren't I?

Ut Oh...
Kirai

Unread postby gman391 » February 8th, 2011, 7:18 pm

You were always a prime suspect
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Kirai » February 8th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Oh I was? I'm sorry but I can't hear you from my moral high ground. I stole it fair and square and nobody suspected me at all!
Kirai

Unread postby leon89 » February 8th, 2011, 8:00 pm

added those who expressed intrest in joining the game.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby leon89 » February 9th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Small rule change, i'm adding the Seer special considering the number of applicants

Angle can protect only 1 person per night
and the medic can only chop up one body this game
The Seer will be told the identity of one random person at the start of the game, if that person is killed they will be told the identity of another person (not necessarily straight away) and so on

and applications are closed, i am going to pm every one their roles and then start this game
Nope
leon89

Unread postby serbii » February 9th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Started?
Looking at you all with extreme suspicion.
Especially Mag.
Why? We were chatting, he was suspicious.
serbii

Unread postby leon89 » February 9th, 2011, 7:36 pm

LET THE GAME BEGIN
----------------------------------------------

It is 12010 AD, though this calendar is no longer used. at this time the human race has discovered and refined FTL travel technology to the point that majority of the human populace has access to a ship capable of FTL. currently the human race has discovered that they are the only sentient race in the milky way galaxy. also do to their exploration the human race has lost the location to earth and now is becoming infertile. as of now the galaxy is separated into three scions, the Centaurus, the Deltan Federation, and Star Fold Confederacy (SFC). each Scion governs several thousand star systems each, known as core space. corporations have laid claim to some of the space outside of the Scions.

the 12 of you are a group of miners on the rim system A025-D, on the 2nd planet from the star. the planet is mars like, thin oxygen atmosphere, 0.4 G (0.4 times earth gravity). the 12 you where assembled about 3 months ago by Leon, the Director of Planetary affairs, of corporation Stratos Administrative Technologies (S.A.T.). to mine a rich deposit of Rutile. the reason why SAT contracted out was because they could not spare any of their current member because they are at war with another corp Axis Inc. do to this war, your mine is a hidden mine, and all comunication must be kept to a minimum or Axis Inc might discover the unprotected mine.

Today Leon is here to do his monthly check up on the progress of the mine. 20 minuets after his arrival, there came two explosions one from the main control room, the other destroyed the communications relay. the explosion in the main console room caused the whole mine to shutdown. the 12 of you come to investigate the control room, to find that the main console was what exploded. the chard remains of Leon lay 20 feet from said console. gman391 investigated the console and finds that the explosion was indicative of a LMK 2 shrapnel mine, and clearly not an accident, but sabotage. some one killed Leon, but who?

-----------------------------------------
all players in a GM post where randomly picked and said choice is not indicative of their actual role in the game.

well i was basing this off of a game project that i'm part of, or at least how i remembered it. you can view the shameless plug here. note that it is different then how i remember the background being. Geodesa=Earth
Nope
leon89

Unread postby gman391 » February 9th, 2011, 8:37 pm

It was obviously aliens of some sort. Perhaps ones with some sort of shape shifting ability
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Magnificate » February 9th, 2011, 8:39 pm

So that was why our servers crashed and join dates were erased? So we couldn't recognize the aliens?
Magnificate

Unread postby gman391 » February 9th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Possibly. I'd have to say they're better infiltrators than average if that's true.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” General Discussion