Boss Battle Theme Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Boss Battle Theme Thread

Unread postby Dervon » March 7th, 2011, 1:18 pm

I can hear you right now, "What is this, another tangential thread started in what is probably the wrong forum by that berk that never visits anymore?!", but fear not, fellow Venison Devourers (hmm, am I getting my forums mixed up, here?), I promise that the gamers amongst you will at least find some enjoyment herein.

So yeah, post memorable themes and songs from enemies of note you have vanquished in the past! All those awesome tunes that helped set the stage when you fought those ascended pseudo-gods, sealed-evils-in-cans, garden variety boss creatures and even Gary mutha-frakking Oak!

Bonus points for a quote uttered by said villainous opponent, or something to that effect!

Also, >in b4 Final Fantasy songs. /trollgrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny - "Red Lucifer Rising" (Final Boss Fight, Palaxius)

"Lilith's power is the foundation of all others! We pursued all possibilities of alchemy, and wound up here!"

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - "Mission Zero" (Final Boss Fight, Solo Wing Pixy)

"You and I are opposite sides of the same coin. When we face each other, we can finally see our true selves. There may be a resemblance, but we never face the same direction."

Epic Battle Fantasy 3 - "Divine Madness" (Final Boss Fight, Akron)

“All things must come to an end. Planets, stars, entire universes, even Gods. Perhaps my destiny is simply to be destroyed... And yet I am immortal. My freedom is my captivity. I shall not die.”

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation - "Chandelier / To All Things" (Final Boss Fight, The Chandelier Rail-Gun & Strigoi Squadron)

"And so did The End To All Things unhinge its monstrous maw and bellow forth its mighty roar of desolation and horror, consuming The Golden Kingdom in holocaust. The Chandelier which hung over the faltering world of Man by a thinner thread than would exist alongside security awaited the chance to fall, defying The Angels who danced with haste toward their enemy . . . and the sacrificial fires of liberation."

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies - "Megalith -Agnus Dei-" (Final Boss Fight, The Megalith Nuclear Launch Facility & Rail-Gun Emplacement)

"I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies, but I remember how we built a cannon to destroy them and in turn how that cannon brought war upon us. War was an abstract thing, nothing more than a show on TV. Until on that final day of summer..."

Yes, lots of Ace Combat, why'd you ask? :3c
Dervon

Re: Boss Battle Theme Thread

Unread postby doc.exe » March 8th, 2011, 4:54 am

Well, this is one of my favorites:

Megaman X5 OST: X vs. Zero
"My mind is becoming very clear... as though I have known everything... I don't care about the Mavericks anymore... All I have to do is one thing..."

Edit: There is also this one:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Soundtrack - Blizzeta
"Pretty... Pretty... Mirror... Lovely... NOT TAKE MIRROR!"

May put more later.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Dervon » March 8th, 2011, 7:36 am

(OH WOW, that mega-man theme is nine kinds of awesome! (*O*))

Speaking of Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess... (Final Boss, Dark Lord Ganondorf, -Swordfight-)

"Do not think this ends here...The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!"

Breath of Fire IV "A Raging Emperor's Banquet" (Final Boss Fight, Fou-Lu Tyrant-Form)

"They, the mortals are ignorant and prideful animals. They doth lie to one another, injure themselves and their fellows, and they kill each other all around for sport. Their folly is immeasurable."

Breath of Fire IV "Dragon's Blood" (Final Boss Fight, Fou-Lu Aura-Form)

"I wouldst call thee foolish... But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament."

Breath of Fire IV "A Warring God" (Boss Fights, Fou-Lu's Scenarios)

"Thou art not a God, thou art but a mere shadow... Something that hath drunk of the dregs of the power of Gods and believe that doing so maketh you a God yourself."

This one goes out to the fans:

Pokemon Soul Silver & Heart Gold (Boss Fights, Lance & Red)

Dervon

Unread postby serbii » March 8th, 2011, 8:08 am

More epic with guitars :3
serbii

Unread postby Dervon » March 8th, 2011, 8:56 am

Oooo awesome find, serbii! And so, in the spirit of remixes...

Touhou Project 11, Subterranean Animism "Nuclear Fusion" - (Final Boss Theme *Remix* - Utsuho Reiuji)

☣DANGER!!☣ ☢WARNING!!☢ ☢CAUTION!!☢

Original Theme for comparison, "Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion"

Touhou Project 10, Mountain of Faith - (Final Boss Theme *Remix* - Kanako Yasaka)

"My transient wishes have rusted / While uncertain darkness lies unending / So I search for my broken heart / In this rusted place."

This is a theme that comes up once more (though treated slightly differently) in the Touhou series: an immortal (in Kanako's case, she's a Goddess of the mountains and lakes) that cherishes one of her mortal servants, but who's offers of immortality are rebuffed.
Dervon

Unread postby MEKristian » March 8th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Hmm, let's see here....

Megaman Starforce 3's "Vs. Crimson Dragon"

Sonic Colours' "Final Boss Part 2"

Super Robot Wars OGs "The Gate of Magus"

Persona 3 "The Battle for Everyone's Souls"
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Wittgen » March 8th, 2011, 3:10 pm

No castlevania music yet?

Also, there were awesome N64 platformers with good boss music.

Wittgen

Unread postby FeatherBlade » March 8th, 2011, 3:48 pm

My favorite is from the battle against Atma Weapon on the Floating Continent from Final Fantasy 3/6.

Alas, I do not have a link to it, and I dare not look for it on my work computer, even if I am on lunch break.
FeatherBlade

Unread postby Dervon » March 8th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Tales of Symphonia "Mithos" (Final Boss Theme - Mithos -)

"Do you think I'm going to beg for forgiveness? Ridiculous."
Dervon

Unread postby ShonenHero » March 8th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I really liked some of the boss themes in Dead Rising II, especially the first one:

This one gets you pumped for trying to tame a damn tiger

Kept shaking my head to this one as I was getting stabbed.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Dervon » March 9th, 2011, 8:44 am

World of Warcraft, "Arthas, my son" (Intro Theme to Arthas Menethil, a.k.a. the Lich King, Final Boss of Wrath of the Lich King)

Spirit of Terenas Menethil: "Can you feel it, my son, closing in all around you? The Light's justice has been awakened. The sins of the past have finally caught up to you. You will be called to account for all the atrocities you've committed, the unspeakable horrors you've let loose upon this world, and the dark, ancient powers you've enslaved. Though my soul was one of the first to be devoured by your evil, there are thousands more bound within this blade, and they cry out for release. Look now to your defenses, my son, for the champions of justice gather at your gates!"
The Lich King: "Let them come. Frostmourne hungers."
Dervon

Unread postby Bluone » March 9th, 2011, 3:14 pm

Can't forget the clasics.
'What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.'

Bluone

Unread postby Magnificate » March 9th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Of the old Infinity engine games Icewind Dale II was one of the weaker story-wise, but really made up for it with the music:

Obligatory Ace Attorney references from me. Fitting theme:
Magnificate

Unread postby Phht » March 10th, 2011, 1:57 am

I applaud the appearance of Ace Combat musics. Though, no love for Ace Combat 5 music?

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - Hrimfaxi (Boss fight, Hrimfaxi)

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - The Unsung War (Final Boss Fight, SOLG)
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 12th, 2011, 5:22 am

I might as well add a few.

SaGa Frontier: Asellus's Final Battle

Xenosaga III: The fight against E.S. Levi

From the Lufia Series.

I can't resist these, from the Final Fantasy Series:

Final Fantasy XIII: Barthandelus Battle

And this one is a familiar one to any who actually played the series before FFVII came out. With Five official mixes, The Battle on the Big Bridge (20th Anniversary version)
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” General Discussion