Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Unread postby Magnificate » April 26th, 2011, 6:54 am

My thoughts on the ending:
Spoiler: show
-Episode 11 was awesome. Especially the moment Homura learns her actions upped Madoka’s ‘potential’. Madoka’s mother was also a welcomed inclusion.
-Important historical female figures as Puella Magi. It makes sense, but it makes their accomplishments seem lesser if obtained via wish.
-Show me more of Homura giving up hope!
-Walpulgis was OK. As serbii said, we could use learning more about her. She was noticeably stronger and different from the other witches, which is a plus. The fight itself was a bit too short, but nicely planned.
-Madoka becoming Magical Girl only in the last episode was awesome and one of the better decisions in the series. She was properly badass both in her ‘normal’ and ‘ascended’ forms.
-Madoka’s wish was sort of expected, but handled well. My gripe with it is that I feel, given the meta-reality warping nature of her wish, it was unnecessary for her to sacrifice herself and assume the sort of messianic role. It was in character, since I can see her wanting to oversee it personally and doing something really significant in face of her earlier easy life. Still, Madoka reverting to baseline magical girl and fighting alongside her friends would work as well.
-There still being something left to fight is very good. (Note that Madoka wish doesn’t invalidate despair, it just allows her to absorb it.) However, I’d rather not see a second season. Despite the short run of 12 episodes, the story is properly concluded and should stay closed.
-Incubator still having to collect energy and changing his behavior without changing his character is awesome.
-Homura’s sendoff was OK, but nothing special in comparison to similar scenes in other works. Ribbons fit her well.
-All in all, it was the kind of ending I like, with the protagonist arriving at it after facing significant problems. Changing the laws of the universe into a lighter-and-fluffier version and at the same time not being 100% Happy Ending counts as a plus as well.
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » June 3rd, 2011, 8:33 pm

So is anyone reading the mangas?
Kazumi is kind of meh but Oriko seems ok.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 5th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Well I finished the series, and was surprised by the ending, but a happy surprise for once. Though I am still confused about,
Where did the first witch come from?
Also is it bad that I was inspired to inflict a RPG session on my friends based on this? And I'm not reading the manga, not enough time. And as usual, cool video, serbii.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » June 6th, 2011, 6:03 am

here did the first witch come from?
There probably wasn't a witch to fight the first puella magi, they offered the first girls a wish, however they had nothing to fight, no seeds to collect and when inevitably, eventually their soul gems dimmed to much those first girls became the first witches.

Inflict away :biggrin:

Oh the cat from the opening? The drama CD revealed in the first timeline Madoka's wish was to save the cat after it was hit by a car.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 6th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Yeah, unfortunately, my only problem will be that the whole soul gem won't be so scary for gamers, sadly. At least none of them know much of anything about it. Though how to model it with Mutants and Masterminds, that will be difficult.
Also, it would have been interesting to see if Sayaka would have been turned down if she had confessed to Violin Boy.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Return to “%s” General Discussion