What (Quirky) music do you like?

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

What (Quirky) music do you like?

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » March 21st, 2011, 1:15 am

Massive edit to repurpose the thread.

So this is a place for you to drop as a few links to some of your favorite songs.

I have a wide range of tastest, even to the point of occasionally indulging some country. Though, not much pop. But recently I've been on a kick with Korean Pop since I discovered a few groups that hit the spot I didn't know needed hitting.

So here's your K-Pop flavor grid!
-------------------Slower--------Faster--------DANCE!
Male-------------click & click-------click------click & click
Female-------------click--------click & click---click & click-
...I can practically see your remaining opinions of me dropping. He he he. Anyway, post some quirky stuff you like.
Last edited by Psalm Of Fire on March 21st, 2011, 1:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Re: Heavily Comercialized Music

Unread postby gman391 » March 21st, 2011, 1:29 am

If I wanted pop I would listen to pop. Look it's not bad pop just...I don't see the appeal. Mass produced music made based more on production values than actual soul sounds about the same no matter where it's from.
Sorry.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Re: What (Quirky) music do you like?

Unread postby serbii » March 21st, 2011, 3:57 am

I like pop, I listen to pop. Not all pop is bad, not all pop is mass produced, not all mass produced pop is bad. I'm going to stop now before this gets into the music snobbery debate which I would really rather avoid.

Weird music.
I like a bunch of vocaloid songs and the nico nico chorus covers of them. I have a soft spot for stupidly happy and boppy bubble gum pop. Every now and then I'll fall in love with a song from the opposite end of the spectrum.

Most of the time my taste tends to run rock/pop/alternative.
Last edited by serbii on March 21st, 2011, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby Dervon » March 21st, 2011, 5:48 am

(stupid forum tags can't account for time-stamps... Just fast-forward to 2m20s, it's when she really kicks it into gear)

:want:

Though I should admit, it's as much the hat as it is the music.

DAT HAT :want:

These may be symptoms of long-term TouHou consumption/addiction. I'll get back to you when I get the blood-work back.
Dervon

Unread postby gman391 » March 21st, 2011, 7:41 pm

My music?
, Power Metal, Nu-Metal, hip hop and odds and ends from various other genres
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » March 21st, 2011, 11:09 pm

Behold, the mighty power of...FOLK METAL!
bookworm702

Unread postby leon89 » March 22nd, 2011, 2:09 am

I prefer my explicit drinking songs.
Spoiler: show
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » March 22nd, 2011, 11:04 am

Devron, Bookworm, I'm digging those! I especially like how the folkmetal people look like they're having a good time.

Yeah guys, the idea is links, so make sure you put some in when you're listing stuff.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ewuvi » March 22nd, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hmmm, well, my 'quirky music' of late has been this band, I love them to pieces. They sound the same live as they do recorded. And yes, those are tap shoes you hear. :3

ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » March 23rd, 2011, 4:04 am

Wait, that first video, they're on Triple J? I listen to that at work. It's the obscure and mostly Australian station here.
serbii

Return to “%s” General Discussion