I Need [blank]

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

I Need [blank]

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 19th, 2011, 6:50 pm

A Naruto Fanfic Rec. Quick, throw one my way! No context, just linkage.

(A bit like Russian Roulette? Heh. Anyway, I figure this could be a fun thread. Post a simple description of what you're seeking, and answer come without context, maybe just a title. If that. Music, games, articles, fan fics, whatever.)
Last edited by Psalm Of Fire on April 19th, 2011, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Re: I Need ___

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » April 19th, 2011, 6:56 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4119917/1/Hakumei

Simply because a new chapter's just come out and it's on my tabs.
QuoteMyFoot

Re: I Need [blank]

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 19th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Reading! Thanks, perhaps. We'll see :biggrin:
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 19th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Now THAT was an opening!
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » April 19th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Glad you seem to be enjoying it! At least so far. I think the second part isn't quite as good, but that might be because of gaps between chapters.
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby ShonenHero » April 19th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Quick, I need an image of a non-canonical Green Lantern!

EDIT: Awesome idea, Psalm! :D
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby utahjak » April 19th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Spoiler: show
Large image, but Green Lanterns ROLL OUT.
utahjak

Unread postby ShonenHero » April 19th, 2011, 8:48 pm

*stolen from a motivational poster*

'Freedom is a Sacred Right
All sentient beings are for who I fight
Let only evil know fear and doubt
Green Lantern Corp: TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!'
ShonenHero

Unread postby leon89 » April 19th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Quick: I need a mainstream manga/anime cross over fic
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 19th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Friends Old and New, a YYH/Ranma 1/2 crossover fic.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby leon89 » April 19th, 2011, 10:33 pm

read it last week

Quick: give me another one.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 19th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Oberon, Fairy Tail/DBZ crossover.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby leon89 » April 19th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Thank you. I think
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 19th, 2011, 11:10 pm

There's also "A Boy in the Hand" a comedic Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon crossover by Dogbertcarroll.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 19th, 2011, 11:38 pm

I need a crazy japanese music video.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 20th, 2011, 12:18 am

BAM! I've not watched it all the way through, but the start told me it qualified. Good luck with that!
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Dervon » April 20th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Quick, I need a reason to slog through the neo-empiricist dogmatic view that states that when reality is reduced to it's base components and categorized all life is nothing more then the lump sum of millions of years of random Darwinian Russian Roulette coupled with the dominant paradigm of realist world theory that puts forth that all nation-state-and-above players exist in an anarchic yet self-servicing manner which leads to all the major post World War II conflicts, thus proving that all human interaction is, returning to the key point above, a series of random acts beholden to chaos theory yet predictably influenced by a human psyche itself only mapped to a percentage of around 25%, and of which 75% is primitive subconscious urges and desires that act as a gray eminence behind all conscious thought furthering the belief that many of humanity's darker actions can be blamed on our poor understanding of our selves as seen through the lens of post-Buddhist pre-Maoist zen philosophy twinned with a proto-Marxist approach to interpersonal relationships, relationships incapable of progressing past certain hormone-triggered standardized steps which two (sometimes more) people experience when attempting to share internal realities that are at times illusory yet never clearly understood due to the self's construction of the Ego as a defense for the Id, thereby legitimizing Tyler Durdan's approach to rebuilding humanity by inflicting enlightenment through destruction!?!?! *lunges collapse*

Alternatively, can anyone tell me which Super Robot Wars games received english localizations? Cheers! :biggrin:
Dervon

Unread postby Greybane » April 20th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Quick, I need a reason to slog through the neo-empiricist dogmatic view that states that when reality is reduced to it's base components and categorized all life is nothing more then the lump sum of millions of years of random Darwinian Russian Roulette coupled with the dominant paradigm of realist world theory that puts forth that all nation-state-and-above players exist in an anarchic yet self-servicing manner which leads to all the major post World War II conflicts, thus proving that all human interaction is, returning to the key point above, a series of random acts beholden to chaos theory yet predictably influenced by a human psyche itself only mapped to a percentage of around 25%, and of which 75% is primitive subconscious urges and desires that act as a gray eminence behind all conscious thought furthering the belief that many of humanity's darker actions can be blamed on our poor understanding of our selves as seen through the lens of post-Buddhist pre-Maoist zen philosophy twinned with a proto-Marxist approach to interpersonal relationships, relationships incapable of progressing past certain hormone-triggered standardized steps which two (sometimes more) people experience when attempting to share internal realities that are at times illusory yet never clearly understood due to the self's construction of the Ego as a defense for the Id, thereby legitimizing Tyler Durdan's approach to rebuilding humanity by inflicting enlightenment through destruction!?!?! *lunges collapse*

Alternatively, can anyone tell me which Super Robot Wars games received english localizations? Cheers! :biggrin:
Because I tell you to. Thats why.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby MEKristian » April 20th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Since Greybane covered the first part... Atlus localized the two original Generation games (titled as Super Robot Taisen Original generation, and Original Generation 2), as well as the OG spin-off Endless Frontier (which isn't a turn-based strategy game, so...).

There are completed fan translations of two other games though; Super Robot Wars J and Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Farmer_10 » April 20th, 2011, 6:17 pm

I need a hug.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby leon89 » April 20th, 2011, 6:36 pm

*Man Hugs*

I need nap, I have exams in all of my classes tomorrow.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 20th, 2011, 7:50 pm

I need a recommendation for a good Detective Conan fanfic. And I already read It's Raining Men, Hallelujah.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 20th, 2011, 9:40 pm

@LEON: Can do.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » April 20th, 2011, 9:45 pm

@Aldraia If you haven't already checked: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F ... ctiveConan
That's the best I can do, I'm not a part of the fandom, sorry!
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ShonenHero » April 20th, 2011, 9:45 pm

I need a recommendation for a good Detective Conan fanfic. And I already read It's Raining Men, Hallelujah.
Done and done! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4553963/1/T ... an_Edogawa

EDIT: Indirectly Ninja'd by Psalm! The fic I listed is on that recommendation page. xP

EDITEDIT: Looking for a good Kingdom Hearts fic, preferably non-yaoi or cracktastic.
ShonenHero

Return to “%s” General Discussion