Digimon Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Digimon Quest

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 9th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Well, I think I have an ideas for this quest so I guess I get ready to start. Though before we get going too much with this, I do have a couple of questions that need to be answered...

Would people like to be a digimon/human/something like season four? If you're human you would have plenty of influence on how the digimon fights, their other actions...

Which digimon would people be interested in?

If human, boy/girl?

Edit: Also for the digimon, there are six choices to start with, down in my next post.
Last edited by Flux_Blade on May 9th, 2011, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Re: Digimon Quest

Unread postby leon89 » May 9th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Ooooh, Nice.

Human is fun and all, but being a Digimon has to much interest for me.

It would be interesting to be a Data type In-Training Digimon.

We should be based on a Pony Unicorn that fires lasers from our horn.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby serbii » May 9th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Girl, to continue our grand tradition of "protaganist is opposite gender to author".

Never watched S4 so I have no idea. Only saw 1 and some of 2, like more than 10 years ago.
Damn, now I feel old.

Make up a new digimon?
Thinking about it, I think you should. It'll either be the PC or the main NPC and I think that should be an original, non-canon character imho.
serbii

Unread postby leon89 » May 9th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Digimon Season four is known for the fact that the human trainers don't actually have a digimon partner, but rather become digimon themselves.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 9th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Male human, with a partner to make things more interesting. Because honestly, while becoming a digimon is cool, the dynamic looses something when you're not having to be in synch with a partner.

And I would also vote that we use an established digimon evolutionary line instead of creating one out of whole cloth, simply to save on headaches and bickering. I would recommend it be something that hasn't been done in the shows though.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ShonenHero » May 9th, 2011, 9:34 pm

I prefer the trainer/tamer play style too. I just didn't really like the concept of people being Digimon, and as Tempest said it felt more dynamic to me when it was just trainer & 'mon. So yeah, throw another hat in for male human Digimon trainer! :D

EDIT: I do like the idea of coming up with a custom Digi, though using old Digimon is fine by me if the author doesn't feel comfortable with making one up.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby serbii » May 9th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Digimon Season four is known for the fact that the human trainers don't actually have a digimon partner, but rather become digimon themselves.
Did not know what.

Hmmm, actually I don't think I have a preference as to being human, digimon or joining the animorphs. The second option there might be really fun so long as you pulled it off right and we'd have to like our partner. Not liking the main NPC leads to Ryoko who constantly plots Lionel's death, as oppose to Lucy to constantly plots to ravish Michael in a closet.

I agree if we used a preestablished chain have it one of those not used as a partner before.
Maybe you could give us a few options and we vote? Actually making a vote in general, like arg did for SQ, is probably a good idea.

Oh and general advice for running a quest Flux: It will take more time than you think.
XD
serbii

Unread postby leon89 » May 9th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Well I was going to ask what kind of evolutions we should have, and then i looked at the Wiki Page.

:dizzy:

I am quite partial to armor evolution of season 2 and BioMerg evolution from season 3.

And a DigiDestined/Trainer needs to be black, because there was no black trainer in the shows.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 9th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Well, I have no clue about third season as I only caught bits and pieces, or the fifth or later season. Though thanks for the warning about time.

Okay then if the votes are continuing, it sounds like a human with a digimon (obviously needs to have a personality of Hotaru- :punch )
Actually have a different idea for that.

Let's see here, I was thinking of starting the digimon at rookie, though when people mention not as a partner, does that include those of the support characters, because otherwise I'm reaching a bit then. Though that does mean none of the agumon tribe for sure. However, it did give me an idea for an enemy. :biggrin:

Betamon- http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... amon_b.jpg
Candlemon- http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... emon_b.jpg
Demidevimon http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... imon_t.gif
Elecmon http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... cmon_b.jpg
Tapirmon http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... rmon_b.jpg
Kunemon http://images.wikia.com/digimon/images/ ... emon_b.jpg

Would have used images, not sure if the place likes image hotlinks.
And about what said person looks like, I don't really care outside whether or not the character has goggles. That will already be decided.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby leon89 » May 9th, 2011, 11:02 pm

I've always Liked Demidevilmon. Though Candlemon is fun too.
Let's see here, I was thinking of starting the digimon at rookie, though when people mention not as a partner, does that include those of the support characters, because otherwise I'm reaching a bit then.
I feel there is a question you are asking here, care to reiterate?
Though that does mean none of the agumon tribe for sure.
I am assuming you are saying that you are leaving out agumon, its evolutions, and variations. If so, that is a good thing.
And about what said person looks like, I don't really care outside whether or not the character has goggles. That will already be decided.
Are you saying the main will have goggles?
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 9th, 2011, 11:38 pm

I've always Liked Demidevilmon. Though Candlemon is fun too.
Let's see here, I was thinking of starting the digimon at rookie, though when people mention not as a partner, does that include those of the support characters, because otherwise I'm reaching a bit then.
I feel there is a question you are asking here, care to reiterate?
Are you saying the main will have goggles?
Since digimon season 2 had tons of humans with partners, even though they showed up once or twice, if I excluded those as well, the list would be much smaller.

Of course the leader would have goggles, otherwise it can't be digimon.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby leon89 » May 9th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Since digimon season 2 had tons of humans with partners, even though they showed up once or twice, if I excluded those as well, the list would be much smaller.
Just include characters that you like, simple as that. Besides our main cast, which should be original character or characters that never had a big role to begin with. IMO
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Magnificate » May 10th, 2011, 2:13 am

Perhaps a small primer for people unfamiliar with Digimon? Their purpose and an outline of basic rules or mechanics?
Girl, to continue our grand tradition of "protaganist is opposite gender to author".
I concur.
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » May 10th, 2011, 5:37 am

My vote is for elecmon for our partner if we're choosing from that list.
After a quick look at the wiki
Zurumon->Elecmon->BlackGarurumon
chain
(I mean look at zurumon, we totally need that thing hiding in our sock draw)
And yes, I am always going to pick the least hideous option. >_> ugh, some of the character designs (I have never pretended to not be shallow :D )

I'd rather not go demidevilmon, I remember him and didn't like him XD

RE not using particular partners:
I just mean no Agumon, gatomon, patamon...uh... others (who else was-)... Veemon! etc
Ones that were main characters and had known canon personalities and such. They're species yes? Not individuals? But still, I'd rather a relative unknown.
obviously needs to have a personality of Hotaru- :punch
Yes probably not the best idea for a partner.
Last edited by serbii on May 10th, 2011, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » May 10th, 2011, 7:30 am

I was gonna suggest Andromon evolutionary line. Primarily cause in the end we get this guy http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/HiAndromon.

Are we gonna be doing that fusion stuff from Xross wars? That's the latest season of the show FYI. Haven't actually seen an episode but it looks interesting enough.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby ShonenHero » May 10th, 2011, 9:35 am

My vote is for elecmon for our partner if we're choosing from that list.
After a quick look at the wiki
Zurumon->Elecmon->BlackGarurumon
chain
(I mean look at zurumon, we totally need that thing hiding in our sock draw)
And yes, I am always going to pick the least hideous option. >_> ugh, some of the character designs (I have never pretended to not be shallow :D )
I think BlackGarumon digievolution is only achieved through some, well, dark means. I think for all intents and purposes, we'd get Leomon normally.

And if we chose Andromon as a partner, would we get this little guy? It looks like a sentient usb mouse. :3
ShonenHero

Unread postby Farmer_10 » May 10th, 2011, 9:54 am

That's what they were going for
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 10th, 2011, 10:45 am

I propose this guy: Frimon due to him eventually becoming THIS. Also, his ultimate evolution: here.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby leon89 » May 10th, 2011, 11:13 am

I was gonna suggest Andromon evolutionary line. Primarily cause in the end we get this guy http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/HiAndromon.
I am a personal fan of Andromon, he always got the shaft in the anime, he should be one of the main characters. or at least a variation of him.

I am of the opinion that we go for completely original lead Digidestined and Digimon.
Last edited by leon89 on May 10th, 2011, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby ShonenHero » May 10th, 2011, 11:22 am

I'm fine with that! :D

Oh man, a black girl digidestined with an Andromon... Why do I find that idea so awesome? XD
ShonenHero

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 10th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Let's see here, if I'm counting right, 2 votes for boy, 3 votes for girl.

Also I am fine with another known evolution chain, as it seems either the Andromon line has the lead at two votes.

Actual start will come about 7 hour and at that time I'll close down the voting. And, yes it would be an original cast of digi-destined.

And for those not really familiar with digimon
Spoiler: show
Digimon is sorta of similiar to pokemon, though unlike with pokemon, the digimon can talk normally and aren't caught in special containers. Also, unlike pokemon, digimon usually know 1 or 2 moves. Digimon have different levels which also correspond to age and power. They also refer to themselves by what form they are in, thus you will have a tribe of say biyomon all calling themselves biyomon. A change in level is called digi-evolution. Digimon can digi-evolute on their own, though it usually takes a long time. Humans can become partners with digimon, and when they do, they get a device called a digivice. This device helps digimon digivole at a phenomenal rate, however, past the "rookie" stage, the digivolution is only temporary. They can do a few other things depending on the season. Digimon have three "types" vaccine, data, and virus, though virus digimon are not always bad or vaccine are not always good.

Umm, I think that covered it enough, though since my lunch break is over, if someone wants to pipe in with something I miss or clarify something, feel free.
Also, Digimon did come first as tamigachi, but since pokemon is a tad more popular, I went there.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby leon89 » May 10th, 2011, 4:54 pm

I'm throwing my vote to Girl, I, hopefully, never indicated the gender in any of my posts before this.

I'd rather have Andromon as one of the other mains. Though it begs the Question, who do we replace?

And that is a lets go for the appearance of our Leads.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby ewuvi » May 10th, 2011, 7:47 pm

For the sake of continuing crossdressing authors, I vote Girl~
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » May 10th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Real men write in drag.

Dark gets much love from ewuvi and I for being able to write female characters well. You too, could have much love from beautiful women!

And even if you're not used to it it doesn't matter, writing different types of characters makes you a better writer. Writing the same every time would be boring

Besides, it's fun~

And more importantly than all that, we have the tradition to consider!
(Stupid Arg, starts his guy quest before his girl quest, almost ruins everything)
serbii

Unread postby ShonenHero » May 11th, 2011, 12:25 am

Real men write in drag.

Dark gets much love from ewuvi and I for being able to write female characters well. You too, could have much love from beautiful women!

And even if you're not used to it it doesn't matter, writing different types of characters makes you a better writer. Writing the same every time would be boring

Besides, it's fun~

And more importantly than all that, we have the tradition to consider!
(Stupid Arg, starts his guy quest before his girl quest, almost ruins everything)
I just realized my quest fell in this tradition somehow, and I wasn't even consciously following tradition! Damn you subliminal subcultures!

:bouaaaaah:
ShonenHero

Return to “%s” Quests