The Awesome Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

The Awesome Thread

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2011, 12:22 am

It has come to our attention there is too much negativity and not enough Awesome here recently.

Hence I bring you the Awesome Thread, for Awesome things that happened to you, that you noticed or that just are.

Examples of awesome things lifted from another Awesome Thread:
Like trees. Have you looked at a tree lately? They're all around pretty friggin' sweet. The whole converting CO2 into Oxygen, that's a good deal. Plus they have leave, or needles that are mostly green and sway in the wind. Then the branches have those nifty fractal patterns.

Or swimming. I went over to the pool today, and for about half an hour just sort of floated on my back, and that just felt seriously awesome. I need to do that more often.
Waking up in satin bed covers at 12 o'clock on a Sunday.
Dogs are awesome. Big bouncy hairy slobbery beasts who are always happy to see you, and would sell their souls for a biscuit or a piece of chicken. They'll pull you up steep hills if you have them on a lead, they'll charge full speed into a nest of pheasants, resulting in many panicked cluckings, they'll skid comically on ice, and dash away at full speed when you let them off the lead in the woods. Conclusion: dogs are awesome.
I had bacon this morning, bacon is Awesome, and tomorrow is a public holiday, long weekends are also Awesome.
serbii

Re: The Awesome Thread

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 12th, 2011, 12:25 am

Teeth. So valuable. Think about it.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 12:29 am

Crayons are awesome.

I can spend entire afternoons doodling with those little colorful wax sticks of joy.
ewuvi

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 12th, 2011, 12:35 am

Tomorrow, my family leaves for a week's vacation. Vacation is awesome. We are going to the beach! It will be glorious!

Other awesome things:
The sky. Seriously, it is such a nice blue colour! And at night it has all those pretty stars in it! The sky is totally awesome.
And board games! You can play them with other people! Playing with other people is awesome too.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 12th, 2011, 12:37 am

I think my church is awesome. Some of the nicest people I know are there, and I get to see them tomorrow so that's awesome too. :)
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 12th, 2011, 12:48 am

I think my new pens are awesome. BRUSH TIP HELL YES.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 12th, 2011, 1:51 am

I have to agree with Spencinator, church is completely awesome.
And colour! Colour is awesome, it makes the world so much more varied!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 12th, 2011, 4:43 am

Human's greatest creation.

Music
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » June 12th, 2011, 6:08 am

I might be living in Oxford for half the year soon. Oxford is the most beautiful place I have ever been. Oxford is awesome! This possibility is awesome!

I love studying history, history is interesting and often amusing. History is awesome!

My English Lit class is/was awesome! It introduced me to 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, my favourite play ever, and made me finally appreciate Shakespeare!

On another note - Shakespeare is awesome! Hurrah for Shakespeare!

Exclaimation marks are awesome! What would we do without them?

(This thread is awesome! I am so coming back here.)
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 12th, 2011, 6:57 am

Reading is awesome too. All that imagining and visualizing. It could make me laugh, cry or just blow my mind with awesomeness. It could be a short 2 page article, a thirty page comic book or a ten book epic. Reading is awesome in all its forms.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2011, 7:10 am

You know what's awesome? Back when I was in primary school if I wanted a friend overseas I would have to get a penpal, a penpal! The fact that I can talk to all of you, on the other side of the world and thousands of kilometers away is amazing!
I love the internet.
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 12th, 2011, 10:01 am

You know what else is awesome? Cute things! They melt your heart and make your mood all huggy. And you can never not smile when looking at a baby anything. And that's awesome.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 12th, 2011, 10:30 am

You know what's awesome? Breathing/circulation is awesome! The fact that your body can do it without having to be consciously aware of every breath is awesome. And for that matter, being able to breathe in your sleep is awesome too. It used to be I couldn't do that very well with all the weight I had on me. 130 so pounds of weight loss later, I'm breathing in my sleep all the time. :)
ShonenHero

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 12th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Reading is awesome too. All that imagining and visualizing. It could make me laugh, cry or just blow my mind with awesomeness. It could be a short 2 page article, a thirty page comic book or a ten book epic. Reading is awesome in all its forms.

Music
Here here! :cheers:
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 12th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Music is indeed very awesome, as are books.
You know what else is awesome? This thread.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Toonami was made of concentrated awesome, distilled into the avatar that was T.O.M. ... God I miss that block. :TT_TT:
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 12th, 2011, 2:08 pm

http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/

For when you are really craving some Toonami, TK.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 12th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Toonami was made of concentrated awesome, distilled into the avatar that was T.O.M. ... God I miss that block. :TT_TT:
It is like television as a whole has lessened in its absence. Even the weird, last incarnation of T.O.M. was better then no T.O.M. And don't get me started on those lame blocks that CN have been trying to implement to replace it. :|

And thank you for the link, Rigger. It's not quite the same, but it will do.
ShonenHero

Unread postby doc.exe » June 12th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Music
I agree. That a succession of sounds in a established pattern can awake so many types of emotions and feelings in a person can't be called other way than AWESOME.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 6:37 pm

I think cookies are awesome
So is fire.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Stretching is awesome.

The feeling of relief you get when you stop working out is awesome.

The floaty feeling you get when you take off a heavy backpack is awesome.

Loving and being loved by someone special to you is awesome.

Rain is awesome.

Banana's are awesome.

Dreams are awesome.

Chicken is tasty and awesome.

Computers are awesome.

The universe is awesome.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby doc.exe » June 13th, 2011, 1:50 am

Legends: Tales of ordinary but memorable incidents, told and retold once and once again through centuries, given new elements with each retold, until the stop being tales of the ordinary to become tales of the extraordinary, inviting the once who hears or reads about them to dream and imagine in fantastic ways.

Yes, legends are awesome.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Vael » June 13th, 2011, 8:29 am

You know what's really, really awesome?

Religions from Ancient Times for what they did to human creativity.

They are what kick started pretty much EVERYTHING creative in humans. They're what the first drawings, words, music, sculpture, and plays were dedicated to, they were what funded the progression and births of the arts during the Dark Ages, they were what made the arts unique to every culture...

And then they spread these arts everywhere for them to merge with other forms and give birth to new types of arts.

That's right, that Heavy Metal track you're listening to wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for slaves singing hymns while working the fields, those hymns were later known as the Blues.

In fact that's also awesome, the Blues...the great grandpappy of ALL modern music forms.
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 26th, 2011, 6:58 am

This thread, it needs more love. Hence I shall give it some!
Grave Peril is awesome. Michael especially is awesome.
Libraries are awesome.
Strawberries are awesome.
Conversations with friends that lead you to suddenly realize you have stayed up very, very late are awesome.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” General Discussion