The Awesome Thread

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: The Awesome Thread

Unread postby serbii » June 26th, 2011, 7:09 am

Conversations with friends that lead you to suddenly realize you have stayed up very, very late are awesome.
*Sidelong glance at Dark*
Despite out time zones being nine hours apart we both managed to keep the other one up til our respective 3am-s today.

Watched Ponyo for the first last night, delightful movies are awesome.
serbii

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » June 26th, 2011, 9:56 am

Columbo is awesome. RIP Peter Falk, you will be missed.
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby doc.exe » June 26th, 2011, 7:55 pm

Pixar movies are awesome!

Finally got to watch Ratatouille recently (It's awesome indeed).

I can't wait to watch Cars 2 (who cares about the critics, I loved the first one and until I see it with my own eyes, I won't believe Pixar has done a bad movie).
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 30th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Extra Credits fans are awesome.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... its-Artist

Yesterday, James Portnow set up a donation site to help raise money for the Extra Credits artist's shoulder surgery. The goal was $15,000 in 60 days.

At the time of this posting, Extra Credits fans have donated $49,038.

Awesome. If you ever need to disprove the assumption that video game fans are all foul-mouthed, selfish, hate-mongoring 13-year-olds playing Halo, this should probably help your case.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 30th, 2011, 5:22 pm

That's awesome! Speaking of video game charities, Mario Marathon and Child's Play deserve a mention. That, and Desert Bus and I'm sure a bunch of other subsidiary charities that donate their funds to Child's Play.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 30th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Child's Play is actually how I got my character immortalized in BvS.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby utahjak » June 30th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Tyranids are awesome, especially Trygons.

And specificially this one
Spoiler: show
. He ate half an Eldar Army. It was worth taking six hours to paint it.
utahjak

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 30th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Has anyone said that Quests are awesome yet? Eh, even if they have, it bears repeating. Quests are awesome.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 30th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Eyesight is awesome. My eye was all swollen up and I was checking it out. I wondered "How many things have to go right for this thing to work?". So amazing, even as messed up as it felt I could see.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » July 1st, 2011, 6:54 am

Ponies are awesome. :D
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby serbii » July 1st, 2011, 10:28 am

Has anyone said that Quests are awesome yet? Eh, even if they have, it bears repeating. Quests are awesome.
XD Related: People saying they like your quest is awesome.

Going to a friend's tomorrow for baileys and girly movies. Friends you can just call up and do that with are awesome.
serbii

Unread postby ShonenHero » July 2nd, 2011, 10:38 pm

Went to the service at church today, even though I was grumpy and didn't want to. Ended up deciding to go anyway, and listened to a great message. It wasn't anything out of an epic, but I thought it was awesome. :P

Oh, AND BEATING THAT STUPID FALKNER AND HIS DUMB PIDGEOTTO. That's pretty awesome. >_>
ShonenHero

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 3rd, 2011, 1:25 am

Wait, what? Who are we talking about now?
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ShonenHero » July 3rd, 2011, 1:50 am

Was playing Pokemon Silver, and I managed to beat Falker (the first consecutive gym leader in Silver) with my Hoot Hoot Hoodwink and my Geodude Gem. Liked how it turned out. :D
ShonenHero

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » July 3rd, 2011, 7:58 am

Watched The Dirty Dozen again last night. That film is awesome and I need to find it on DVD. ;-;
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby ShonenHero » July 4th, 2011, 7:19 am

Spent three hours talking about plot bunnies with Psalm last night/this morning, and it was surprisingly awesome. XD

Probably going to post the bunnies we came up with later today, or tomorrow. Gender bender Kakashi was one of them, fufufufu.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 4th, 2011, 3:28 pm

That it was.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Farmer_10 » July 4th, 2011, 5:42 pm

You know what's awesome? Liking Pokemon well into your twenties and still be excited when new ones come out. That's awesome.

Another thing that's awesome? That feeling when you see that book or game you've been waiting to be released on the shelf. Especially the excitement to get home and read/play it. That's awesome.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby doc.exe » July 4th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Oh! I know what you mean. :yaeh_am_not_durnk:

I can't wait for the launch of Skyward Sword. That game is going to be awesome (the Zelda series is awesome by the way). The more I see and read about it, the more I fall in love with it.

:want:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby ShonenHero » July 4th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Oh man, I can't wait for Persona 5 to hit the shelves, or Catherine or Mass Effect 3. Gets me all excited. :mah_(chilling):

And Farm? HECK YEAH! As a fellow twenty one something year old, I completely empathize. Even if I never finish half the Pokemon games I get (I own like six), I still get excited when a new one gets out.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 4th, 2011, 8:54 pm

You wanna talk about wait times, ha ha ha, here's one: Starcraft came out in '98. I've been slathering for the follow-up since about 2000. That's right, 10 years! And then I didn't have a comp that could run it until '11.
Tell you what, though, this game is SWEET. :hope_my_fake_smile_works_again:
Last edited by Psalm Of Fire on July 5th, 2011, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Lightwhispers » July 4th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Fireworks. Partying with friends. Chocolate truffles. :nom_nom:
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 5th, 2011, 3:00 am

Living in a small town. Being able to go walk all over town without worrying about someone trying to mug you. Little light pollution, so I can go outside in the middle of the night and actually see the stars. Sitting in the park with a good book, and just burning a day off reading. Also, cheese. Jarlsberg in particular. and Lemon poppy seed ice cream. Separately of course. Cheese and ice cream together? That's just weird.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 5th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Aaamen, gamebrain. Though Hamilton isn't all that small these days. Still, nice.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » July 5th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Roasted marshmallows are awesome.
Ice cream is awesome.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” General Discussion