Puella Magi Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Puella Magi Quest

Unread postby serbii » June 17th, 2011, 9:51 pm

(In the wise words of the first quest: Oh god what is this I don't even...)

Supernatural magic girl crapsaccharine future quest!
Presenting plotless running and screaming! Because I also because I need practice with action scenes and felt like writing something non medieval. Where this is going I dunno, unlike NQ there is no vague plot (yes, NQ has a vague plot, we just wander away from it all the time.)
So it back, relax, don’t think to hard and don’t be surprised if it dies, this was thought up in under 24 hours.

Notes:
- You will not need any Puella Magi Madoka Magica knowledge, I’m only using it for the mechanics but really it could be any magic girl series. IT IS NOT PMMM WORLD.
- That being said there will be PMMM spoilers as I’m going to flat out tell you the mechanics when it comes up. Really there are only three important things: You get a wish, your body becomes a meat puppet for your soul-stuck-in-a-gem, and if you don’t kill the eldritch abominations you become one yourself.

Default name is Florence, you may suggest others.

----------

It’s dark, so dark. You open your eyes and it makes no difference, you wonder if you’re blind. Something heavy rests on your chest, pinning you down. It hurts, breathing is so hard, the masonry dust in the air is thick and choking.

What do you do?
Last edited by serbii on June 17th, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Re: Puella Magi Quest

Unread postby Darkandus » June 17th, 2011, 9:56 pm

See if we can push whatever is on our chest off. Try to remember how we got in this situation.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » June 17th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Circumstance 1d4=1

----------

Florence wiggled her arms up, gripping the edge of the thing on her, concrete? Some cold stone. The building that was once her school in pieces around her. She didn't know how or why. She started pressing it up, wishing she went to gym more.

Luck 1d10=1

Something slips to the side and suddenly there is pain, pain like she couldn't believe. Her right hand flails towards her side, gripping at the metal pole piercing her side and pinning her down, probably the steel reinforcement from the concrete. She screams and chokes again on the dust, mind blank from the pain, gradually she starts to sob. The pain still unbelievable.

Better plan?
serbii

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 17th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Scream for help, really loudly. Try to remember what happened before the school turned into rubble and try to remember if we have a cell phone or some kind of mobile device.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby serbii » June 17th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Florence decides screaming for help is a good change from just screaming, and so she does so until breathing is too hard. Her head is hazy and she can feel the blood from the wound in side running along her skin. No one comes, she can hear the building shifting, distant screams and voices.

'Phone!'

Spot check 1d10=9

She reaches out with her left hand, feeling around for it bag and finding it, and therefore her phone almost instantly.

Luck 1d10+2=5

She shudders as she turns it in, the light is blinding. The girl blinks and gradually adjusts, looking up at the screen through teary eyes. The phone is less than half charged, but there's a signal.
serbii

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 17th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Call 911, say "I've fallen and I can't get up." "I'm pinned in the rubble, please help me. There's a pole through my side."

Do we remember what classroom or area of the building we were in? We could use that to help rescuers get us.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby serbii » June 17th, 2011, 11:47 pm

[Fun fact, thanks to American TV calling 911 in Australia puts you thought to emergency services, though the actual number is 000. This isn't our world though.]

------------

Florence fumbles with her phone, calling emergency services. Her hand shaking as she holds it to her ear.

"Emergency services, how may I direct your call?" A male voice says calmly.

"I'm pinned in the rubble, please help me." She gasps, "There's a pole through my side."

There is a pause for a fraction of a second, "Are you in the junior high section of North River secondary college?"

"C building, I was on the second floor, I..." She feels weak again. "It hurts so much."

"Ok, I'm going to need you to relax, keep breathing and see if you can stop the bleeding, we'll get someone to you soon. Can you stay awake?"

Constitution 1d6=5

"Yeah."

They talk for a small time, the man taking her details and a message for her family. Finally she hung up to conserve battery. There was a missed call from her mother's mobile. She felt sick. The light from her phone vanished and a voice sounded from the darkness.

"You have the potential, do you want to live?"
Last edited by serbii on June 18th, 2011, 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
serbii

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 17th, 2011, 11:50 pm

"Oh great, I'm having auditory hallucinations."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 18th, 2011, 12:00 am

EDIT: Blah, didn't like what I wrote.

"W-what?"
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby ewuvi » June 18th, 2011, 12:12 am

ZOMG YES I WANT TO LIVE
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » June 18th, 2011, 1:03 am

The girl voices her thoughts "Oh great, I'm having auditory hallucinations."

There is the sound of movement in the darkness, soft feet like a cat.

"W-what?" She mutters.

"You must make a contract with me." The voice says, as Florence slowly bleeds to death. She sees the irony but can't find the energy to laugh, the voice continues, "You can become a puella magi, a magical girl. Make a single wish and it will come true, you will be a puella magi. Whatever your wish you will live, but you must make a contract with me"

"Catch?" She mutters.

"You must fight the witches."

'Rival gang? What the hell's a...' She feels herself losing conciousness, 'NO! Stay awake!'

-----------

Meta: You will survive just by making the contract you do not need to wish to live.
What powers you get will somehow be related to your wish.
'Wish' in a bit of a misnomer, it's closer to 'miracle' it must be possible. You could wish to become the best piano player ever: possible. You can not wish to raise Motzart from the grave to teach you piano.

Oh and you get a weapon, start thinking about your weapon.
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » June 18th, 2011, 1:06 am

Wish for a black cat. Heh. Witches.

You know, if we get a weapon it should be something suitable for a magical girl. Like a five foot long bubble wand that you can use to bludgeon people. And the bubbles explode. Magical Color: RED
ewuvi

Unread postby Arganaut » June 18th, 2011, 1:10 am

Hmmm... I don't particularly care what we wish for if we're going to live.

Anyway, yes, red and bubble wand. I don't know, the idea just seems to work.
Arganaut

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 18th, 2011, 2:14 am

"I wish for a thousand more wishes." :biggrin:
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby ShonenHero » June 18th, 2011, 2:18 am

"I wish I had the power to go back and stop myself from getting impaled."

*crosses fingers for Groundhog Day ability*
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Magnificate » June 18th, 2011, 7:21 am

Ask: "Who is it?" Alternatively: "Get off the line, I'm really hurt!"
"I wish for a thousand more wishes."
I agree! However, since that invitites all sort of Literal Genies and twisted interpretations add clearly defined time clause.
"I wish I had the power to go back and stop myself from getting impaled."
Yeah... about that... :???:
Magnificate

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 18th, 2011, 1:18 pm

"I wish to know everything that I need to know in order to effectively fight the witches."
If this is going to be our job, we might as well be good at it.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby serbii » June 18th, 2011, 8:13 pm

No wishing for more wishes XD.
All the others are so far are possible, as you'd expect I'll need consensus.
serbii

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 18th, 2011, 9:51 pm

"I wish everyone that got hurt or died in this incident was healed and out of the rubble." Medic tank hell yeah.

Edit: And let's record this on our video phone. For posterity. 8D
Last edited by LifeOfGesture on June 18th, 2011, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Arganaut » June 18th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Huh, that's actually a good wish. I'll get behind LoG's suggestion.
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 18th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Sounds good.
Darkandus

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 18th, 2011, 10:19 pm

LifeOfGesture's wish is completely awesome and I support it.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby serbii » June 18th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Florence fumbled for her phone again, stupid thing to film her death or her becoming a puella magi, but it may also be awesome, she wanted her last act to be awesome and staying awake was almost beyond her. She started the filming and tucked it into the front of her uniform, "I wish everyone that got hurt or died in this incident was healed and out of the rubble." She muttered.

"That wish is acceptable."

There was a sudden pain in her chest, mingling with the pain in her side. All thoughts of passing out vanished though, it was kind of the opposite to what she expected, something was being torn out of her but she felt stronger rather than weaker. A deep red light flooded the room, shining from a small egg like shape above her.

"Take it," said the voice and Florence got a glimpse of white in the red light. She reached out and took the egg like gem in her hands. A feeling of relief she didn't understand flooding her.

The world shifted around her, the pain in her side vanished and suddenly she was laying on a hard surface looking up at the blue sky.

-----------
Soul gem, the motif on the top of yours will be different and determined once you've fallen into a personality. Also the gem in yours is pure red, no darkening yet.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » June 18th, 2011, 11:24 pm

As soon as we can, find out how bad the situation we just got out of was.
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » June 18th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Magnitude roll 1d4=2

---------

Florence sits up and looks around, blinking in the light of her most hated enemy; sunlight. She appears to be sitting on a pile of rubble that once was the geography building. The sound of yelling and crying fills the air. The girl looks around, it's dusty but not as bad as before. It looks like a few school buildings have collapsed, there might be some further out too but she can't see them from her perch.
serbii

Return to “%s” Quests