Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 23rd, 2011, 10:08 pm

You make a valid point, and I hope they do it right with the deepest parts of my soul, but hope exist only to be crushed. We shall see.

I heard the continuity was just too complex to bother with anymore, so they just decided to wipe it clean. Only problem is they are not completely rebooting, just getting rid of some stuff and keeping others, then explaining the whole thing in the first new arc. Kind of redundant.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby doc.exe » November 24th, 2011, 10:42 am

As far as I understand it, the massive reboot was explained in the recent "Flashpoint" event as basically "The Flash time traveling screwed up the DC universe, and his attempt to repair the damage didn't really fix everything".

So far, it seems they only kept (mostly) intact the continuity of franchises that were succesful (Batman and Green Lantern essentially), while giving massive changes to things that were not working (Superman among others). BTW, I managed to read the first two issues of the new Superman title a few weeks ago, and to tell you the truth, I was not impressed in the least.

Now, I usually don't read DC comics, so I don't really care about the massive reboot, but if you ask my honest opinion, I can only think about this situation in the same terms as Marvel's "anual overhyped events that start interesting only to devolve into massive train wrecks not worth of the paper they were printed in": It's just another blatant ploy to increase sales for a few months, regardless of the integrity of the titles involved in the long term.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 24th, 2011, 11:45 am

Huh. Well that's not too bad I suppose. Green Lantern is my favorite of the DC-verse so as long as they didn't hit the reset button on everything that's developed with him and all the emotional spectrum stuff, I'm cool.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 25th, 2011, 1:52 am

A belated Happy Turkey Day to you all.. Considering how long it took me to type this properly....

Oh God, I should not had that thir shot of the real Mountain Dew. a.k.a Moonshine. Good stuff, but ohhhh God, it has a kick. I will be hating life when I wake up.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 25th, 2011, 2:05 am

Speaking of comics, look at this beauty!
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby ShonenHero » November 25th, 2011, 9:51 am

As far as I understand it, the massive reboot was explained in the recent "Flashpoint" event as basically "The Flash time traveling screwed up the DC universe, and his attempt to repair the damage didn't really fix everything".

So far, it seems they only kept (mostly) intact the continuity of franchises that were succesful (Batman and Green Lantern essentially), while giving massive changes to things that were not working (Superman among others). BTW, I managed to read the first two issues of the new Superman title a few weeks ago, and to tell you the truth, I was not impressed in the least.

Now, I usually don't read DC comics, so I don't really care about the massive reboot, but if you ask my honest opinion, I can only think about this situation in the same terms as Marvel's "anual overhyped events that start interesting only to devolve into massive train wrecks not worth of the paper they were printed in": It's just another blatant ploy to increase sales for a few months, regardless of the integrity of the titles involved in the long term.
I'll agree that for the most part, it's more then likely a blatant ploy to increase sales for a few months. That said, I'll be honest when I say I'm glad they did this. I could never get into DC comics before, and while the reissuing didn't change the story for some of the new 52 it gave me a reason at the time to check 'em out since I was always hesitant at picking up a comic in the middle of an arc. So now, almost three months in with 150 or more comics under my belt I can safely say I haven't been disappointed.

Oh, btw, anyone read that new Batman: Noel by Lee Bermejo? One of the best adaptations of a Christmas Carol I've read in a long time, I think. I gotta praise Bermejo for managing to mesh Batman lore in such a way to make for a proper frame of narration for a Christmas Carol. Good stuff!
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » November 25th, 2011, 3:31 pm

A belated Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby serbii » November 29th, 2011, 8:26 am

So as some of you know I plan to do the Europe thing next year; ie. go over, travel, tour, spend my savings, work for a little while in a low paid hospitality job for cheap accommodation, look for a better job, come home when I feel like it or run out of money. I expect to be over there for at least 6 months, up to a couple of years depending on if I can get a job in science over there/decide pulling pints is my true calling/fall truly madly deeply for some guy with an accent (looking at my family tree this one seems to be genetic).

And as most of who I talk to on skype know; this afternoon I bought my plane ticket over omg.

I'm flying over to Dublin on the 26th of March next year.
:panic: / :chair
serbii

Unread postby Vael » November 29th, 2011, 9:39 am

Good luck Serb! :biggrin:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Wittgen » November 29th, 2011, 10:04 am

Congratulations and good luck serbii! Hope you meet someone with the best accent ever.
Wittgen

Unread postby Farmer_10 » November 29th, 2011, 10:52 am

Lotsa luck to ya.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 29th, 2011, 5:00 pm

May your journey be epic and joyful!

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby doc.exe » November 30th, 2011, 2:18 am

Best of luck, serbii!
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Disconnected » November 30th, 2011, 3:04 am

Bon Voyage and best of luck in you future endeavors. :waytogo
If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Disconnected

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » November 30th, 2011, 5:25 pm

That should be an interesting time. You should journal some of the more quirky bits, and share here ^_^

Good luck!
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » November 30th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Have fun in Europe, Serbii!
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Magnificate » November 30th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Lovely facepalm/laugh from one of my favourite characters:

Magnificate

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 30th, 2011, 10:29 pm

I don't understand what is going on in that scene, forgive my ignorance!

More epicness from MGDMT. Yes spell-check, epicness is a word!
Spoiler: show

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 1st, 2011, 4:26 pm

You know the manly rule, put one unit of your local currency in the jar.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm

:shy:

*Tosses dollar into jar*

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 1st, 2011, 7:03 pm

I am confused, what is this jar?
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm

It's like a swear-jar but it only applies to misusing the word 'Epic'....and that time doesn't count.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Lthayer3 » December 1st, 2011, 7:39 pm

Here's a link: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/435

Warning: If you haven't read MGDMT before, following that link may take up an hour or so of your day.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 1st, 2011, 8:19 pm

:cheer
Spoiler: show

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Vael » December 1st, 2011, 10:28 pm

Pssh, noobs, the bunch of them...

Everyone knows its the Rogues and Wizards who save the day outside of battle.
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Return to “%s” General Discussion