Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Yet Another Random Bit of Insanity

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 1st, 2011, 10:40 pm

I was reminded of this. If anyone can pull it off, it would probably be those guys.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby MEKristian » December 6th, 2011, 1:57 pm

MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Vael » December 6th, 2011, 2:27 pm

...and here I was thinking of starting a Paypal account...
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 6th, 2011, 5:11 pm

:shocked:

Don't companies know doing stuff like this is a bad idea by now?
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 6th, 2011, 6:23 pm

https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2011/12/r ... esolution/

Already been resolved. Hopefully Paypal gets their crap together and makes their guidelines clearer, and knocks some heads in customer support.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 6th, 2011, 7:05 pm

At least the story has a happy ending.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 6th, 2011, 8:04 pm

:rollin:
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby doc.exe » December 8th, 2011, 12:06 pm

:lol:

If you think about it, the same scenario could be extrapolated to other games.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 9th, 2011, 1:44 am

Indeed, good friend. Indeed.

Now, anyone want to take any bets on how many pieces our intrepid adventurer will be in?

This is why you bring friends, or other adventurers, with you.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Vael » December 9th, 2011, 2:43 am

It's also why you level grind until you're sick of it and then you grind some more. *nods*

That said, why did I picture the whole scene with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background?
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 9th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Because you've seen Rocky III too many times?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 10th, 2011, 1:47 am

So I moved dorms today. The dorm building I was in was closed down and everyone in it got moved elsewhere.
Only I have a problem now. Although I have a wireless Internet connection in my dorm room, for some reason it does not allow me to use Skype. I log in, see others as logged in (and I think they can see me as logged in as well), but no messages load whether incoming or outgoing. Anyone else ever had a problem like this, any suggestions? I do not think the problem is my computer, as Skype worked perfectly fine in my old dorm room just this morning.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 10th, 2011, 2:42 am

I sometimes have an issue like that, but it works out when I shut down Skype and then re-start it. It might be a firewall issue with the new dorm's router.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 10th, 2011, 1:34 pm

I don't use Skype, but I've run into similar problems with other programs any time I change IP, or even MAC, addresses. I agree, it's probably a firewall issue with the new router, meaning you will have to reset your settings with a restart. That usually solves most of the problems.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 10th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Shutting the program down and restarting it does not seem to have any effect, sadly. Thank you for the advice.

EDIT: Interestingly, I now seem to be getting messages, just at a large time delay.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Arganaut » December 11th, 2011, 6:06 pm

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!
Arganaut

Unread postby Greybane » December 12th, 2011, 12:47 am

Dear God NO!!! THIS CANNOT BE!!!
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 12th, 2011, 2:30 am

Why are you so horrified? This is adorable and awesome!
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Wittgen » December 12th, 2011, 3:03 am

So the robot apocalypse and the furry apocalypse might be the same thing. Go figure.
Wittgen

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 12th, 2011, 7:44 pm

What? I don't understand what this could be used for, it has no combat application I can see.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » December 12th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Sure it has combat applications! Military people just need to take over the manufacturer, upgrade the system to better distinguish thoughts, and install some sort of transmitter device in the disturbing furry abominations. You can then keep track of potentially disturbed members of society. Or something like that.

Actually, give it a few years, and you might be able to keep track of half the population of Japan. Big brother watching society through the use of cat ears...
Lthayer3

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 12th, 2011, 10:33 pm

And now for the mandatory:

jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » December 13th, 2011, 1:53 am

On the other hand, how difficult could it be to leap from a mind controlled pair of cat ears to a mind controlled exo-skeleton/armor of massive destruction. I think we just need to give it a decade at most.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Vael » December 13th, 2011, 4:05 am

...umm, they already have exo-suits.

Edit: A List
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Vael

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 13th, 2011, 9:03 am

That The Man allows us to be aware of.....oh god I just made a The Man joke. I'm so damn old.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Return to “%s” General Discussion