Naruto RP: Shameless Advertisment!

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Naruto RP: Shameless Advertisment!

Unread postby spudman » March 28th, 2012, 11:10 pm

I don't think posting this as a topic of its own violates any forum rules, official or unofficial.

Anyway, as you all may or may not know, there is a subsection of the Gaming section of this forum devoted to threads for a Naruto futureverse RP game. The next game thread that those participating are looking to start is the chunin exams.

Unfortunately, we're a little short on players.

Right now we could use more genin characters, but all players are welcome no matter what kind of character you want to make. Other game threads involving other missions can always be started up to suit the players' needs.

With a shiny new game system developed, there are new options for style of play, risk, and GM decision-making.

If you made a character for the game and never used it, or left the game, consider checking things out again and rejoining.

If you haven't, but are interested in learning more, go and check things out!

I'm also happy to answer questions here.
spudman

Re: Naruto RP: Shameless Advertisment!

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » March 28th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Well it's my spring break, so why the heck not? *shimmies on over to the rp forum*
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby spudman » March 28th, 2012, 11:24 pm

I forgot to mention; there are characters already made but not currently in use that may be available for adoption.
spudman

Unread postby Greybane » March 29th, 2012, 12:18 am

I shall think on it as well. I had a character, Kazuki I believe. Genin. Do you know if he would be available?
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby spudman » March 29th, 2012, 12:20 am

He is. And retcons could be done that he's been training for the exams (along with others) if that's the way you'd like to go.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » March 30th, 2012, 8:31 am

Heck, we had people that started in the training thread that vanished by the end, so it's not a major issue to pretend someone joined in but only appeared in the off screen training. :)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » March 30th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Well, I have never done any pure RP, just stuff while playing mmo's but I will join if yall can bear my noobishness.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 1st, 2012, 1:10 am

I'd love to join. I should have enough time to participate regularly now, but after looking at the Naruto RP section... O.o

To play a Genin, I'll have to get a feel for what the expected power levels would be, and I have to read anything about the history and major characters. That means I have to read most of the threads there, I think, which will take several days. Then I have to put together a character, which I'm not used to doing, much less one from an Eastern setting -- the characters I've used previously in fantasy RPs are ones I've had developed for years.

Ugh, I hope Google translate doesn't give me anything stupid when I start using it to create names for things.

Is there a rules thread or anything? I can't seem to find how combat and interactions are handled. Or does it just rely on everyone coming to agreements as to what happens? Are there player deaths from pvp, or is everyone expected to play nicely (would be nice to know, just in case, though I don't think I've ever taken an RP character in that direction)

Aha, found a getting started guide on the wiki. That needs a pinned topic linking to it, with large bold letters. Probably consolidate other resources there, too.

Editing in questions as I come up with them:

1) What villages are participating in the upcoming exams? To simplify things (and help expand the world a teensy bit), I plan to start with a genin squad from a currently unused or mostly unused village. I figure I'll make a Konoha chunin after I'm used to things.

Have Earth Country or Iwagakura been used in the RP yet? are there established Yondaime and probably Godaime Tsuchikages? Has Kurotsuchi been used anywhere (methinks she needs grandkids...)

"The page location:iwa you want to access does not exist." Ooook. Guess that answers that question?

Arrrrrg. I just realized how much work I have ahead of me. I guess I'll wait until I have confirmation that the RP has absolutely nothing on Iwa before I put together ideas on what it has been up to and present them (and my genin team) for approval. Crud, I have to make an Iwa Jonin, too.

2) When are the chunin exams taking place? I see when the RP started on the google doc timeline, but I don't know how long has passed since that point, which is kind of needed for me to make character ages, histories, and stuff. Are we still in July of 133 AF?

Ok, I think I partially answered my own question. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume the exam training is for the Chunin Exam B, beginning in October 133 AF. Though I thought of something else: are these exams being held in Konoha? Haven't seen anything saying that yet.

3) Is there a centralized spot for all the docs/forms/stuff? And a readme for how I should be using it? Arg, and I just found the wiki. I'm guessing that includes mostly everything. More stuff to read, but at least it should help with my character creation concerns.

Oh, crud. nevermind. Whatever that was, it wasn't the wiki. Now I found the wiki...

4) I notice the topic for characters is called "Konoha nin and allied personnel". I'm assuming any player character would be written there, but seeing as I plan on using Iwa characters to start, I just want to make sure.

Note: this post has been edited a ton. My apologies if it is confusing to read.

These Iwa ninja don't have clan names. Am I going to have to make some up? Mu and Kurotsuchi, at the least, will need clan names, as two of my cute little genin will be decendents from each of them. The third gets to be interesting =) Yes, Iwa has decided it wants to make an impressive showing -- similar to the kazekage's kids as a team being sent.

Still no clue what I'm doing with the Jonin, though. Jeez, he/she's going to be a pain, since only someone crazy good would be trusted with a team like that. That means tons of effort for a character that won't even be getting used much (unless something goes badly wrong in the exams, which doesn't seem very likely assuming the villages are mostly buddy-buddy thanks to Naruto). Maybe someone formerly from the Explosion Corps?

And crud, I'll probably eventually have to make details for other Iwa ninja, since if anyone on my cute little team makes it to the finals, you can bet the Tsuchikage's going to be paying the host village a visit. Grumble grumble worldbuilding grumble grumble.
Lthayer3

Unread postby spudman » April 1st, 2012, 3:04 am

Is there a rules thread or anything? I can't seem to find how combat and interactions are handled. Or does it just rely on everyone coming to agreements as to what happens? Are there player deaths from pvp, or is everyone expected to play nicely (would be nice to know, just in case, though I don't think I've ever taken an RP character in that direction)
Coming to agreements and play nicely, at least until recently. Phht has developed a system that the GM can CHOOSE to use. Check the Numbers vs. Pure RP thread for the discussion on it.
"The page location:iwa you want to access does not exist." Ooook. Guess that answers that question?
Iwa is sending a couple teams, I believe.

Yep, absolutely nothing on Iwa as of right now. That would have been filled in as needed. Feel free to submit ideas for approval or start discussion in one of the OOG threads (or start a new one).
Ok, I think I partially answered my own question. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume the exam training is for the Chunin Exam B, beginning in October 133 AF. Though I thought of something else: are these exams being held in Konoha? Haven't seen anything saying that yet.
Yes on both accounts.

4) I notice the topic for characters is called "Konoha nin and allied personnel". I'm assuming any player character would be written there, but seeing as I plan on using Iwa characters to start, I just want to make sure.
Eyep.
spudman

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 1st, 2012, 3:13 am

Yay.

Ok, so I will be starting a thread for discussion on Iwagakure, I guess. Practically nothing on them, so it is very likely stuff in canon will eventually conflict with stuff written there. Fun fun.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » April 1st, 2012, 9:36 am

Is there a rules thread or anything? I can't seem to find how combat and interactions are handled. Or does it just rely on everyone coming to agreements as to what happens?
As spud said, no rules thread. Most of the implied rules are the "common sense" ones you'd expect for friendly RP. And interactions/combat are largely like spud said as well.
Aha, found a getting started guide on the wiki. That needs a pinned topic linking to it, with large bold letters. Probably consolidate other resources there, too.
We didn't have that until about a month ago! :D It was something that I worked up while discussing things with someone on wikidot that wanted to help improve the RP around that time.
1) What villages are participating in the upcoming exams? To simplify things (and help expand the world a teensy bit), I plan to start with a genin squad from a currently unused or mostly unused village. I figure I'll make a Konoha chunin after I'm used to things.

Have Earth Country or Iwagakura been used in the RP yet? are there established Yondaime and probably Godaime Tsuchikages? Has Kurotsuchi been used anywhere (methinks she needs grandkids...)
Off the top of my head (without looking up the actual village listings for the Exams), every minor/major village is in the Exams. No Wave/Snow (those are actually still dojos IIRC), but Uzu is in there.

The wiki doesn't have an entry, no. I think there's info on it at the google docs RP Atlas. I've been meaning to get at least that basic stuff over, but keeping procrastinating. And now it's important and needs to get in. Heh.
2) When are the chunin exams taking place? I see when the RP started on the google doc timeline, but I don't know how long has passed since that point, which is kind of needed for me to make character ages, histories, and stuff. Are we still in July of 133 AF?
I need to update the "current" point on the timeline. Though if you look on the RP Missions Time line tab, you'll see "Training for the Exams" ends in Oct, so the Exams are there, like you concluded. And while there's been no in game announcement, Konoha will be hosting the Exams (because it'd be a ton of work to plan out the Exams for another location on top of having to flesh out said location to handle RPing there).
3) Is there a centralized spot for all the docs/forms/stuff? And a readme for how I should be using it? Arg, and I just found the wiki. I'm guessing that includes mostly everything. More stuff to read, but at least it should help with my character creation concerns.
There's nothing really centralized on the RP, though I'm working to centralize my contributions and what I can of others into the wiki.
That might be a remnant of when things just got started, because everyone was thinking Konoha at the time. We could start a village specific thread as necessary, or ignore the Konoha part of the thread title and post all player characters there. The latter option is probably simpler.

Don't worry! Focus on your cute little genin, and I guess their Jounin. Given how we seemingly randomly switch between fast/slow on posting speed, you probably have plenty of time to work on Tsuchikage and co.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Return to “%s” General Discussion