what are you currently playing?

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: what are you currently playing?

Unread postby MEKristian » January 5th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Super Robot Wars J, now that it's englishy and stuff.

Why does Master Asia have such ridiculous range on his Kung-Fu skillz? D:
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » January 5th, 2011, 7:21 pm

Dawn of War, Dawn of War II (once I got the GfWL nonsense handled). A bit of Borderlands (new DLC to work through), Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Silent Hunter 4. Keep coming back to Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well.

Pretty much working through the various games I picked up off the end of year Steam sale.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby FeatherBlade » February 21st, 2011, 1:24 am

I was going to play Golden Sun via the GameBoy Player, but the cartridge battery seems to have died. Oops.

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody it is, then.
FeatherBlade

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2011, 1:31 am

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » February 21st, 2011, 1:58 am

Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins (gotta prepare for DA2, am I right, or am I right?), Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion... and quite a few others.
Arganaut

Unread postby serbii » February 21st, 2011, 3:10 am

There's another Harvest moon out!? DON'T TELL ME THAT!
Playing, I dunno. I've got heaps of stuff but I can't seem to find the time.
serbii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » February 21st, 2011, 3:20 am

Hmm... *looks on desktop*

Rise of Legends, Oblivion, Dungeon Siege 2, Civ 5, Children of the Nile, and assorted Paradox games.

At least, when I'm not reading or coding. I should be playing the 'put together a resume and find a job' game, though. :yuk
Lthayer3

Unread postby Random_fan » February 21st, 2011, 10:01 am

Stacraft 2, Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time, and Dragon Quest IX.
Random_fan

Unread postby FeatherBlade » February 21st, 2011, 10:42 am

There's another Harvest moon out!? DON'T TELL ME THAT!
Playing, I dunno. I've got heaps of stuff but I can't seem to find the time.
:biggrin:

I don't think it counts as "another". The game is at least 4 years old, now.
FeatherBlade

Unread postby Minion » February 21st, 2011, 2:03 pm

Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm actually going to my first tournament in March. The competitive community is still very much alive.
Minion

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 23rd, 2011, 1:52 am

I am revisiting a classic in the form of The Sly Collection. Sucker Punch are awesome developers.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 23rd, 2011, 2:23 am

Yes, yes they are. I just picked up a super cheap copy of Overlord 2, so I've been playing that. And speaking of Sucker Punch, I can't wait for Infamous 2.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 23rd, 2011, 9:41 am

Mass Effect 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dragon Quest VI, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and WoW (it's a guilty pleasure). I play games as I feel like it, so I have no problem switching titles to do something else. When Dragon Age II comes out, will be adding that to the list, as well.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby DidelotM1 » February 23rd, 2011, 10:39 pm

Dragon Age 2 Demo. I want the full game! I think I'm gonna like male Hake's voice actor, he got the sarcastic smarmyness down from my perspective.
DidelotM1

Unread postby Chuckg » February 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

The really improved combat animations and lower-load graphics engine have convinced me to give DA2 a definite try.
Chuckg

Unread postby Arganaut » February 23rd, 2011, 11:23 pm

The demo is a great way to test the waters with the game, believe me! It is excellent.
Arganaut

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Good thing it is coming out soon.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby leon89 » February 24th, 2011, 2:07 pm

I'm trying out RIFT. hopefully it will be done updating when I get home.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 29th, 2011, 11:25 am

One of my coworkers (who got me back into WoW) is playing it. He seems to like it. What's your opinion?

jgkitarel

Unread postby leon89 » March 29th, 2011, 2:16 pm

It is a good game, thought it is lacking endgame content, but I cannot fault it for that because it is a new game, and it had the smoothest launch of any MMO I have seen. I would recommend you try it out once it has a free trial period. You pay $50 to get the game and a one month of game time. For MMO's this is one of the once at the top, it is not perfect by any means, but it is fun to play.

What makes it special is that there is allot of verity when it comes to the kind of character you can build. This is achieve on the Class tree system, you have four classes to choose from. They are Warrior, Rouge, Mage, and Cleric. Each class has 8 sub classes known as souls, for each character you can only choose three of each soul. I have an example of a Rouge tank build that I am currently using, here.

The last thing about Rift, is what it gets it's namesake from, the Rifts. These are open world instances that drop mobs into the world, not closing the Rift can cause an area to become unusable, ergo: NPC's that give out and receive quest, the guard NPC's are not much more powerful then your character, they can be over run by mobs spawned by Rifts. which you 'have' to group up with public groups to take out the offending Rifts, which the game pretty much does all the work for you. It pops up a little message to every one in the area, and before you know it, you have a raid sized group of 20-30 players, at lvl 15.

Pretty much, if I had the money, and the time I would continue playing this game. it is worth it, IMO.
Wiki
Wiki overview of Classes
Class builder
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby mialimos » August 8th, 2014, 12:42 am

I like to play puzzles and number games. I am currently addicted to 2048 game and 4 Pics 1 Word
mialimos

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 8th, 2014, 7:45 am

Addicted to 2048? LMFAO. Try this: 9007199254740992(2^53)
I have spent over 45 minutes on that once, never even got halfway through the damn thing (I'm reluctant to call it a 'game'...).
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Return to “%s” General Discussion