what are you currently playing?

A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

what are you currently playing?

Unread postby bandaid » March 3rd, 2009, 11:58 pm

Well...?

Me MegaMan 64, Prince of Persia:Warrior Within
bandaid

Re: what are you currently playing?

Unread postby MorphCross » March 4th, 2009, 12:01 am

[snark]The Keyboard[/snark]

But seriously, Fallout 3.

Btw, this would probably be better off in the gaming forum than the General Discussion forum.
MorphCross

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 4th, 2009, 12:39 am

I'm replaying Sly 2: Band of Thieves for the umpteenth time, and as always, grinding towards lvl 9999 in Disgaea. Other than that, I'm having loads of fun playing Little Big Planet.

And Joe, if you can work your Mod-ly Magic and move this to the appropriate forum, please, oh please? I'll sacrifice an old PS2 controller to you.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 4th, 2009, 1:40 am

Little Big adventure, Battle for Wesnoth and Transcendence.
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » March 4th, 2009, 2:24 am

Disgaea 2 on the PS2.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on DS
(Why yes, I am a fan of strategy games, how did you guess?)

As well as the ubisoft Japanese tutor :P. I can now read hiragana. Yay!
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 4th, 2009, 2:25 am

Since I don't have a TV right now, about the only game I'm playing is World of Warcraft, but once I get one I'll be back to Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Rise of the Argonauts, and Operation Darkness.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » March 4th, 2009, 2:27 am

Rune Factory 2. The game has serious design issues, not the least of which is if you happen to be pressing a certain button when you are starting up the game, you can very easily erase your save game data. I mean, it's a mistake I will never make again, but making it once was harsh enough. It's still incredibly addicting. Why didn't Harvest Moon get combat sooner?
Wittgen

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » March 4th, 2009, 2:36 am

The "Learn how to be a writer" game. Seriously, I haven't gamed in several months due to this particularly challenging bit, but I hear the achievements can be worth it.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 4th, 2009, 4:04 am

Final Fantasy 8. Shut up. It's legal.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 4th, 2009, 4:39 am

Hey, not judging here. Kinda hard, since I own a copy m'self.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby shoootme » March 4th, 2009, 5:18 am

command and conquer 3/red alert 3 , supreme commander/FA i would say halo3 and gears but three red lights says this 360 has gone to a better place.
shoootme

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 4th, 2009, 5:19 am

Bummer. It froze up on the first CD, just as Selphie falls in the CG at the first mission and flashes la panties.

On the one hand, now I can't play or finish the bastard thing.

On the other hand, those panties ain't goin' nowhere.
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » March 4th, 2009, 5:54 am

I have FF8 legal too. It's too much bother to pirate PS games.
FF7 I got for $15 second (or 37504th) hand from the video store. One of these days I'll get FF9 off ebay.

Incidentally 6 was the best IMHO. 12 was pretty good too... and I liked 10.... and....
-_-;
serbii

Unread postby Shoubushi » March 4th, 2009, 10:12 am

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Just because. I'll probably be finished with it again pretty quickly and move on to trying out my new Icewind Dale pregen NPC mod. (To add a little of the Baldur's Gate flavor to Icewind Dale:) )
Shoubushi

Unread postby Wittgen » March 4th, 2009, 10:46 am

That game's so good. It sounds like you have played it before, but if you never have, make sure to play through with a Malkavian at least once.
Wittgen

Unread postby Shoubushi » March 4th, 2009, 11:12 am

Talking stoplight FTW! :D

I usually play through it and then leave it alone for a long time, until the next time I open it and the haunted hotel creeps me out a little again. That's how I know I've waited long enough.
Shoubushi

Unread postby biomonkey » March 4th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Since I'm too poor to afford more games, I'm sticking to World of Warcraft as well. First-time raiding is fun.
biomonkey

Unread postby unknown399 » March 4th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Mega Man 9.

I recently finished Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the second time, and I have yet to start up another RPG in its stead. I've got plenty of incomplete games, but since my urge to continue them is so sporadic, I wouldn't say I'm currently playing them. I should probably try to continue Super Paper Mario, or have another go at Final Fantasy X, or start up one of the games I've bought but never played... (Yeah, I've entered into the realm of The Collector: the fanatic who buys more games than he plays. I'm not really that avid a gamer anymore, I suppose.)
unknown399

Unread postby Jamey » March 4th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Final Fantasy II (on a SNES emulator, so that's FF IV for the Japanese version)

I'm not a fan of the "active combat system" though, where there's actually a time factor in the battles. I like the non-real-time battles in earlier console RPGs, so I may go back and finish collecting monster medallions in Dragon Warrior III (GBA emulator) or on to Dragon Warrior 4.

I'd kinda also like something like Zelda I (NES emulator) or Final Fantasy Adventure (GBA emulator). Lots of potential there, that never got explored properly (as the 3D revolution took over... *sighs wistfully*)
Jamey

Unread postby Zerrat » March 4th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Final Fantasy IV DS. Still.

(I loved VIII, for the record. Would actually give it a whirl again if I had the PS2 here. But my favourite, by far, has been X)
Zerrat

Unread postby MEKristian » March 4th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Well, I was playing Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden for a while, but Shu keeps beating the stuffing out of me, and that's no good >.<

I recently dug out an old Yu-gi-oh! GBA game, and I've played that on my DS in my infinite boredom... so yeah...
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 4th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Revenant Wings and Tactics: Grimoire of the Rift.

Now, where's that damn stylus?
AntiNaba

Unread postby kyuubigan » March 5th, 2009, 1:50 am

Battlefield Bad Company.

Nuff said.
kyuubigan

Unread postby unknown453 » March 5th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Wow, City of villains, Left 4 Dead, Sims2 (all expansions), spore, assasins creed, arcanum, when I can find it. =)
Rather mixed, I guess.
unknown453

Unread postby Bill Doors » March 7th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Wish I had time to game, but for the next two weeks my Senior Thesis, various end-of-term projects, and finals are sucking up my free-time like a legion of frackin' time vampires. When I emerge from this hell, I'm hoping to pick up Chrono Trigger again. If Galactic Civilizations II comes out of the box any time before Spring Break I will probably fail at least the calculus this quarter. :|
Bill Doors

Return to “%s” General Discussion