A place to kick back, relax, and have a friendly discussion with intelligent people.

Re: Avatar and Signature thread

Unread postby ewuvi » August 14th, 2010, 11:03 pm

'There is only one sensible resolution to this problem. I must construct a robotic walking device which will provide you with transit across the bridge!'

I think I'm going to like this. :biggrin:

I think Soli is a very, very attractive woman.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » August 14th, 2010, 11:06 pm

That happens to be the exact line where I knew I was reading something I was going to really love. :smile:
Wittgen

Unread postby ewuvi » August 14th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Ohhhh, I'm liking Gunnerkrigg Court a lot. It's very 'Wittgen' feeling, too. Haha, thanks, I'd never have known about it otherwise.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » August 15th, 2010, 12:16 am

I'm glad you like it.
Wittgen

Unread postby ewuvi » August 15th, 2010, 7:38 pm

I have so many amusing avatars laying around, but I don't want to switch from sexy Badass Tigger. D:
ewuvi

Unread postby SLAMU » August 19th, 2010, 8:53 pm

And yet you did.
SLAMU

Unread postby ewuvi » August 19th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Shocked!Antimony was just too cute, I was going to do Reynardine in the panel before she makes that face, but it's kind of frightening and doesn't make sense.
ewuvi

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 27th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Well, mine was due to me being a nice, sane, and not fan-pickyourfavoritegender, BoF Fan for a long time.

That and the colors got my attentio- LOOK! A DISTRACTION!

*gets distracted*
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 8th, 2010, 6:44 am

I have finally obtained an avatar.
Sadly, I forget the exact origins of this avatar... I know I received the image as a reward for the completion of some personality test back in middle school when I went through a 'take online personality tests' phase, but I remember nothing else.
It took me quite a bit of effort to resize it though, the original was quite a bit larger. I had to cut off a bit of it, quite sad.
Half of my signature is links to topics I want people to visit. The other half is a quote from a story I am trying to write.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » October 21st, 2010, 4:58 am

Well it's been nearly 3 months time for another change.

I like this one better than the dancing Sasuke to be honest.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 21st, 2010, 10:20 am

Sounds like something Shikimaru would say too.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 21st, 2010, 12:57 pm

I thought dancing-sasuke was funny, but I love the new one. :biggrin:
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gman391 » October 21st, 2010, 2:08 pm

Glad you like it.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » November 11th, 2010, 12:01 am

Decided to switch out to another of my favorite characters, Jan Valentine, who happens to be in many ways the opposite of Lee. Here you can see him on his way to kill Integra. "Come out and play, little Hellsing. I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun." Unfortunately, quoting any of his other lines, or indeed finishing that quote, would probably get me banned.
bookworm702

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 24th, 2011, 1:05 am

Bam, necro-no-jutsu.

Checky it out! It's a work-in-progress of a sort of cover image. The full image here:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4231 ... 1ozwvw.jpg
Last edited by Psalm Of Fire on June 24th, 2011, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby doc.exe » June 24th, 2011, 1:49 am

Errr... :shock: Psalm, I can't see your avatar image. :???:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 24th, 2011, 4:07 am

Oh my. Can anyone else?
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby gman391 » June 24th, 2011, 6:00 am

I can see it.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 24th, 2011, 2:07 pm

I can.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 24th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Whew, okay.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 24th, 2011, 6:31 pm

And you're still wearing your sunglasses at night.

jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » June 24th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Ok, now I can see it. Interesting.

Is that a natural energy training or something similar?
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » June 24th, 2011, 11:51 pm

It's exact nature I can't reveal until the story reveals it >.<. If it's eye-catching and starts you a-ponderin, I figure that makes a pretty good image. I'm trying to get my art skills up to the task of creating the thing in my head. With some crazy combining of programs and methods, so far so good.

@Jgatasomethin: Lol, yup. Makes the transition easier on you guys, amirite? I mean, after all, you've been looking at me with that avatar for how long...? By the way, how do you phonetically pronounce your name?
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 25th, 2011, 6:58 pm

pronounce it however you feel like. The first two are jay-gee. THe rest I never bothered with.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 4th, 2011, 3:32 pm

The next phase! It wants an avatar update, so I threw some basic lighting and a cool effect on. Tada!

For reference, the old one: Image

Larger version without fx: Link
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Return to “%s” General Discussion